Liverpool tickets

I think the reseller site is a good development and I use it a lot.

My issue is that my wife has long covid so her health is really up and down. Sometimes she will pull out of attending the game on the day of the match due to fatigue (long journey to Bmth doesn’t help) but the club aren’t interested in reselling within 2 days of the game.

I have gone to the ticket office early on match day and offered them to resell the ticket and not give me a refund as it’s a sunk cost for us. However, I was informed it was too late to do anything about it.

If I have longer notice that she won’t attend it’s good to see someone else attend, who otherwise would be able to see the match, and see them enjoying the game.
Ditto

I think it’s mainly for season ticket holders to make their seats available when they can’t attend. Hence why the prices are stuck at what the ticket is.

Perhaps it’s something the club could look at.

Seems an odd quirk to have a seat available, but neither the seller or the club can make money on it and it just sits empty.

I suppose the club already has its money from the season ticket purchase in the first place. From its perspective, any exchange may well be cost neutral - it gets the money from the new purchaser and, in turn, it refunds 1/19 of the season ticket cost to the original ticket holder.

I understand that a new stadium is a bigger priority and would resolve a lot of these issues, but getting a better ticketing system in the meantime shouldn't be that hard.

I would image digital ticketing will help this if and when it comes in.

Considering the amount of stick the clubs gets for trying to make money, not charging anything extra for a resale seat should be seen as a bonus.

Not if it blocks reselling concession tickets to adults and so the seat just ends up empty?!

;