Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

On my our first league visit to Anfield (you remember, "we won" 1-0 thanks to Tommy Elphick's disallowed goal (0.47 in the video below) and Benteke's blatantly offside effort (2.09) I went to the Flatiron after the match. There, courtesy of Peter Wicks RIP, I met a taxi driver from the Wirral who gave me a free ride back into the city. Since then, the Flatiron has been my usual port of call.

However, can anyone suggest anywhere else decent between Lime Street and the ground?

PS. Liverpool's no. 33: has "never should have..." ever been more applicable?
Hi Erik, met you in a pub garden in Blackburn? last season, although I wasn’t on this forum then, I’m meeting some of the Manchester contingent in spoons on lime street station at 11.30. We’ll go to a few pubs on the way up to Anfield probably on the Goodison side of the road, you’re more than welcome to join us, one of the lads says he’s met you many times so you’ll probably recognise some of the faces(y)

The Guardian are predicting 433 Anthony, Moore and Tavernier up top, Billing, Cook and Lerma in midfield and a back four of Zemura, Kelly, Mepham and Smith. I'd be happy with that. Mind you they also say Stan has groin injury but might be one of the subs so that does cast on how knowledgeable they are.

IIRC I think they once predicted we'd play Boruc at LB. Don't think they put too much thought into the teams of the less important clubs.

Having said that, if we went with that formation it'd be interesting to see how we get on.

Have a great time all of you, remember don't drink to much ( as I used to tell my Mum when I was younger " There's no such thing as to much " ). Off to bed soon, 3 o'clock start for a 6 o'clock start from Dean Court. Last time we went, 'twas the week before Lockdown, for a lunchtime kick off. Clearly remember driving through Christchurch at 3-30 on a Saturday morning ( heading for the Magic Minibus), seeing people out and about from their Friday night : )

You never know what's gonna happen, so let's all go and enjoy another Cherries day out. We can't score goals, we can't stop goals, all we can do is collectively get behind the Lads : )

Whatever happens, it'll be a day : )

Have a great time all of you, remember don't drink to much ( as I used to tell my Mum when I was younger " There's no such thing as to much " ). Off to bed soon, 3 o'clock start for a 6 o'clock start from Dean Court. Last time we went, 'twas the week before Lockdown, for a lunchtime kick off. Clearly remember driving through Christchurch at 3-30 on a Saturday morning ( heading for the Magic Minibus), seeing people out and about from their Friday night : )

You never know what's gonna happen, so let's all go and enjoy another Cherries day out. We can't score goals, we can't stop goals, all we can do is collectively get behind the Lads : )

Now I feel guilty setting the alarm for 530.

Enjoy the trip. You never know.

Because they have fair few injuries and under pressure without a win so far I think we should at least go for it and test their unsettled back 4 which has been different each game so far.

I'd rather we lose 3-1 with good effort and some attacking threat, work their defence and keeper rather than sit back all game and still lose 3-0 or 4-0 anyway like the last 2 games as we don't have the quality of cohesion to soak up pressure and keep a clean sheet against most teams in this league but especially Liverpool who have players like Salah and Dias who can score screamers out of nothing.

I'm glad Mane doesn't play for them anymore though I think he's a massive loss and always damaged us with his quality and pace. I think Firmino is showing signs of age and decline so hopefully he starts.

And with Trent you are going to get space down that side he can't play like a RB.
I think he's a great player but all his quality attributes are attacking minded -fast runs down the right, he can run or take on JZ (who is quick) and beat him in pace or trickery easily. JZ needs to actually play like a PL player this week and not play like a fan who was just spectating Arsenal's attack last week like an adoring fan. There are plenty of players who have played against the club they grew up supporting but most show professional pride in their job, play well and score against the team they love because it's their job, last week it was like playing with an AFTV fan at LB.

Trent is going to be the toughest test JZ has ever had as he will send in a perfect cross whether it's on the attacking right side of pitch, a corner or a FK anywhere in our half but for all quality JZ needs to play big part in counter attack exploit their weakness down right with quick balls down channel.

If Trent does move position to RW or RM one day though he would easily be one of the best wingers in the PL.

The usual number of Danish football tourists at Copenhagen Airport tonight.

I took great delight in suggesting to a few "scousers for the day" that they are wasting their money and will witness a defeat tomorrow.
Did you know there are over 20,000 supporters of Liverpool in Denmark.
They pay about £600 for a weekend 2 nights hotel plus match ticket
Fan clubs in every Danish city.

1661548589625.png
https://www.redmenfamily.dk/afdelinger/

Did you know there are over 20,000 supporters of Liverpool in Denmark.
They pay about £600 for a weekend 2 nights hotel plus match ticket
Fan clubs in every Danish city.

Oh yes. I've been meeting them for years at Kastrup. They go out in mufti and return with just about every peice of clothing, household item or nick-nack you could imagine with Liverpool FC on it. They only need go once as then they have taken the holy pilgrimage and, equipped with all the regalia, they can claim their life long allegiance.

The Norwegians are even worse.

Oh yes. I've been meeting them for years at Kastrup. They go out in mufti and return with just about every peice of clothing, household item or nick-nack you could imagine with Liverpool FC on it. They only need go once as then they have taken the holy pilgrimage and, equipped with all the regalia, they can claim their life long allegiance.

The Norwegians are even worse.
I’m 100% confident you see this shite regularly.

;