Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

Has Mepham played right back before? I was sure people said he could do so if needs be? If so, why not just put him there and keep Smithy on the left?

Having seen Liverpool play last night, with Milner at right back, I think that is where we need to aim for. Smithy would be ideal for that side, Wee Man as well, run at Milner. On the other side, we know Robertson is superb at getting up the wing, so we need a more steady presence....hence Mepham. Not sure Jordon would be the best in front of him if that is the case though. Stan has been off form but very good against Chelsea, maybe have him right midfield and ask him to keep tabs on Robertson.

Jeff has to come in and I would have Gosling with him, just someone who we all know will run his 'nads off for the cause. I could even be tempted to go with 451, pack out midfield, try and stop the balls through for their front three. Josh up top. We could do with someone on the edge of our box mopping things up.

The last thing we need to do is give away something early, this of all weeks, when Liverpool might be a bit tense. A couple of their better players seem a little off form, so lets not be the team that gets them back into it. [ I would like to see them win the PL to be honest but not at the expense of whooping us first! ].

The Cardiff performance isn't really relevant in terms of style and tactics. We were expected to have the possession and try to break them down whilst dealing with counter attacks and aerial threat which we simply couldn't do. This game will be much more like the Chelsea game so expect a very similar approach to that game.

Liverpool are starting to look a lot less convincing with teams looking like they've worked out how to make it difficult for them (Leicester/West Ham). Even though we got done for 4 at home they hadn't looked like scoring until their offside goal then we gifted them a second from there it went wrong. We were well in that game until the second goal and a similar first half performance will see the nerves start to build around the ground.

For me we line up and use tactics as close to that Chelsea game as we can. So Smith in at RB, Daniels LB and Ibe comes in probably on the right with Stan doing that role of Brooks sitting on their deep lying midfielder. King occupies VVD leaving the ball with Matip, then it's about whether we have the quality without Brooks to do them on the counter.

Who can say for sure we will be without Brooks.

Yes I know that Mark McAdam and Sky are saying he’s out for a month, but where are they getting their information from? If it is Eddie, then I would trust it no more than an emergency plumber with my credit card details.

Liverpool think he will be out.

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has confirmed star player David Brooks will miss the clash against Liverpool.

The midfielder scored in the Cherries 4-0 win over Chelsea last Wednesday before travelling to Cardiff at the weekend where they lost 2-0.

Brooks was not in the squad for their match against the Bluebirds and Howe has now confirmed his star player would be missing for "around three weeks".

The manager said: "David injured his ankle scoring against Chelsea. It was a strange injury, he didn't feel it kicking the ball but felt in the celebration that he injured himself.

"He'll be missing for around three weeks we think."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../bournemouth-star-man-miss-liverpool-15781387

There has been discussions on here re the standard of refereeing in this league.

The referee for Saturday will be Anthony Taylor.

Last game of ours he was in charge of was also up in Merseyside, that time against the Blue side of the City.

Other times this season was away against Chelsea in the League Cup and the 4-0 defeat at Burnley.

Not a lucky ref for us this season so far.

"The outcome of this game was almost predictable. We were missing three key players in the form of Wilson, Lerma (not match fit) and Brooks and we were playing away to a struggling side who play very little football and who were calvanised by the Sala affair. We in fact walked into a snake-pit. I also still believe that fatique may have played a part after playing another game so soon after the Chelsea game of which a tremendous performance. Our points cushion is now back down to 11 points off of the bottom three. We now have to face Liverpool away with a vastly weakened side. Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, we are very unlikely to get anything from this game and so our points cushion from the bottom three could go down to just eight points. Additionally, I can see another losing run coming up as we have to play top six sides Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City as well as in form Wolves in the next four games with a injury ravaged side. Due to this we are far from safe from being sucked in to a possible relegation scrap."

:banana:

Is this genuine? - or a very good fake?

It looks genuine

After we lose away to Liverpool & Arsenal it will be 10 defeats in a row away from home which unacceptable at any level quite frankly.

...Will undoubtedly be a tough game at Anfield with Liverpool stuttering recently and injuries reducing our squad. However as long as we battle and show some fighting spirit I will be happy.

It is chance for Mepham,Ibe and Solanke to get some useful minutes in

After we lose away to Liverpool & Arsenal it will be 10 defeats in a row away from home which unacceptable at any level quite frankly.

Looking forward to Minty returning....so we get some decent Gloom...not like that pussy effort.
'Quite Frankly' I was disgusted by how we let Chelsea dominate the first 20 minutes...it really could have been 9-0 !
And Cardiff tbf ... that crack Welsh outfit ...let their heads drop...could have rammed Us by a similar score...the way their fans ram the sheep thats tethered to a lampost outside the ground...if ewe know what I mean!
Quite Frankly, Liverpool need to raise their game if they dont want to copy the Shambolic performances of Afcb and Cardiff in those games.

Who can say for sure we will be without Brooks.

Yes I know that Mark McAdam and Sky are saying he’s out for a month, but where are they getting their information from? If it is Eddie, then I would trust it no more than an emergency plumber with my credit card details.
I saw him on Sunday with a foot brace on – I think what they say is right

Although General Form over a season is predictable and stacks itself up in league positions... the week by week and game by game form, is very different, especially in Jan, Feb, March....Any result is possible now!
Otherwise Bookies would not exist!

They have some team called Bayern Munich 3 days later. I wonder where their heads will be. My guess is they will want the title more if it came down to it.

They have some team called Bayern Munich 3 days later. I wonder where their heads will be. My guess is they will want the title more if it came down to it.
..undoubtedly the PL title is their Holy Grail, they will not be accepted in The Pantheon of top teams until they clinch it...that is why I am hearing the squeaking of plastic scousers all around coming out of the woodwork!..I just hope that we bang another nail into the coffin and help break their collective hearts!

;