Lloyd Kelly

I honestly don't know what player these people who don't rate Lloyd Kelly are watching. He's a great player and every manager we've had has loved him judging by how often he gets picked when fit.

I wouldn't necessarily pick him ahead of Kerkez given how he's off in the summer but the criticism is way OTT.

How soon would he start pulling out of tackles and not puttng in the extra effort so as not to risk jeopardising his "big" move.

I like Kelly but Kerkez starts for me just because he will naturally be more committed.

I honestly don't know what player these people who don't rate Lloyd Kelly are watching. He's a great player and every manager we've had has loved him judging by how often he gets picked when fit.

I wouldn't necessarily pick him ahead of Kerkez given how he's off in the summer but the criticism is way OTT.
I think it’s mainly because he’s so highly rated. People like myself who are a bit turned off by him, feel like they need to articulate themselves that much more. It’s not a surprise managers play him because he’s got great attributes and looks like a great player at times. I however think he flatters to deceive.

I think it’s mainly because he’s so highly rated. People like myself who are a bit turned off by him, feel like they need to articulate themselves that much more. It’s not a surprise managers play him because he’s got great attributes and looks like a great player at times. I however think he flatters to deceive.

So he's decieved all of those managers but not you?

Tbf you're entitled to your opinion but passing aside I think he's an excellent player.

So he's decieved all of those managers but not you?

Tbf you're entitled to your opinion but passing aside I think he's an excellent player.
I don’t think he’s deceived the managers and I’m not saying that. I said they play him because he’s got great attributes. I’m not claiming to be special or have some superior insights. The current players the club have who play in his positions are better for what they are trying to achieve and as you say that’s my opinion.

Earlier in the season Iraola brought him back at centre back in preference to Senesi, and played Kerkez at LB. I don't know if he'd do that now because Senesi has had a long run and he's most aggressive in following strikers into midfield.

But otherwise I'd play Kelly ahead of Senesi and ahead of Kerkez (not at the same time haha). He makes the odd mistake (maybe could have prevented the head-back for the 2nd goal last week), but so does everyone (how many times a game does Senesi dive in in midfield?) And no-one can burst forward as aggressively as Kerkez, but Kelly plays the role he's told, within a system. So last year when he was stationary with the ball at his feet, waiting for something to happen in front, it was because that was his role. Likewise. when passing endlessly across the back 4 under Parker.

For me he showed his ability at the beginning of this season when opponents used the acres of space in midfield to run straight at our back 4, and he used his pace to jockey them.

He's still one of my first 3 on the teamsheet.

Lloyd Kelly is the new Andrew Surman.
Either admired or disliked.
Personally I think he’s rather good but in all honesty needs to stay here unless he wants to earn huge money sitting on the bench of some huge team like Brentford.
See what I did there?
Young Lloyd might think the big teams are queuing up for him but in the end I think he’ll end up at somewhere like Brentford, Palace, Fulham sat on the bench.

Personally I think he’s rather good but in all honesty needs to stay here unless he wants to earn huge money sitting on the bench of some huge team like Brentford.
See what I did there?
Young Lloyd might think the big teams are queuing up for him but in the end I think he’ll end up at somewhere like Brentford, Palace, Fulham sat on the bench.
Or have an enjoyable season at Palace like Lerma is....

I’d pick Zab and senesi over him at cb as they seem to be forming a good partnership. Kelly as a lb offers some pace and a defensive option at lb when compared to others. I actually like outtaro at lb in the couple games he played

See what I did there?
Yeah I can’t see any of the big boys going for unless that get some serious injuries and even then he will only
Play occasionally but then again it’s a job and money comes first

Kelly a good defender… not so great is his distribution which would be severely tested at one of the top clubs, although they may improve him?
Kerkez great going forward but lacking in his defending can’t see him at a big club yet…which means he might end up at Chelsea after all they pay over the top for players like those guys from Brighton!

;