Luton Town v AFC Bournemouth

Just got back - to the hotel room. Missed the first ten minutes and when we scored I thought we could win. But as the game progressed they took control and we were really sloppy.

Oh well, you can’t win em all.

Spotted @table, the Good Lady, Phil a Rocketeer driver and @Rob151060 .
Enjoy your evening Rob. Better than us curdling our disappointment down the M1/M25/M3/M27. I like Luton but v. disappointed we couldn't hang on for the point

I don't particularly like losing any match but if today's defeat helps relegate Forest then I'm not so bothered. We created enough chances to win but didn't have the quality nor the little bit of luck needed to get the end product. Bonus was seeing Tavs score with an excellent striker which should do his confidence the world of good. I also actually thought it was refreshing to see an exciting ,chance laden, end to end match played without play acting from either team . Well done Luton for their win.

A slight dent in our Euro ambitions ..but the double over Manu next week and we are still knocking....Manu won't be as 'up for it' as Luton..so if we step up from 1st gear we can trap the 3 points....
If we did lose to Manu..and Europe out of logical reach...then we can perhaps relax and just experiment for the rest of the season...and maybe go 'on the beach' for say the last 4 games.
I imagine Luton will drop that Math point of ours v MC

I normally avoid commenting on our game until the next day as, hopefully, emotions become more balanced but your, “Zaba I won’t be so hard on because he is a young player” stuck out for me. Only last week, I think it was, and I’m not going searching for it, you said that was no excuse for another of our players; Kerkez I think it was. Zabs has a good number of PL appearances under his belt compared to Kerkez so perhaps you can be a little more equal in youth assessment. That would be fair eh!

Difficult to describe how I feel after that. For an hour or so it was an exceptional away day. Noisy, boisterous away following (regardless of the score it was a privilege to be in your presence, loud, proud and 100% behind Andoni and the lads). Boscombe playing beautiful football, almost a "peak Eddie" performance but we only took the one chance. Our subs, for a change, didn't improve us, Luton 's did. It was Andoni 's game plan but in reverse. I also don't think we should underestimate Luton 's situation and desire to win. Once we couldn't match that, they took over.

Fair play to Luton, a squad short of Premier League pedigree but a "band of brothers" attitude. They are a group of hardworking triers, playing as well as a team, as they can, not resorting to physical power. Credit to their manager for that.

From my Bournemouth viewpoint, the ref didn't have a great match but I am biased.

Subdued Riverside Rocket on the way down the Motorway. As mentioned, away support was great today, last visit we were to the side. This time we were in front of them, brilliant noise : )

Saw and spoke to various dignitaries of this parish. AFCBade, In all departments, Erik the Viking and Ken Bailys Ghost. Also recognized loads of people, it's always good to be part of the Boscombe Massive : )

Whilst writing this I think I feel, celebrate the first hour, we're good enough to play that well. The last half hour happened and I can't change that. First away day for 5 weeks, can't always get the results you want but we're enjoying the rest of the day. It's great to be "back amongst it all" again
: )

Difficult to describe how I feel after that. For an hour or so it was an exceptional away day. Noisy, boisterous away following (regardless of the score it was a privilege to be in your presence, loud, proud and 100% behind Andoni and the lads). Boscombe playing beautiful football, almost a "peak Eddie" performance but we only took the one chance. Our subs, for a change, didn't improve us, Luton 's did. It was Andoni 's game plan but in reverse. I also don't think we should underestimate Luton 's situation and desire to win. Once we couldn't match that, they took over.

Fair play to Luton, a squad short of Premier League pedigree but a "band of brothers" attitude. They are a group of hardworking triers, playing as well as a team, as they can, not resorting to physical power. Credit to their manager for that.

From my Bournemouth viewpoint, the ref didn't have a great match but I am biased.

Subdued Riverside Rocket on the way down the Motorway. As mentioned, away support was great today, last visit we were to the side. This time we were in front of them, brilliant noise : )

Saw and spoke to various dignitaries of this parish. AFCBade, In all departments, Erik the Viking and Ken Bailys Ghost. Also recognized loads of people, it's always good to be part of the Boscombe Massive : )

Whilst writing this I think I feel, celebrate the first hour, we're good enough to play that well. The last half hour happened and I can't change that. First away day for 5 weeks, can't always get the results you want but we're enjoying the rest of the day. It's great to be "back amongst it all" again
: )
Summed it up perfectly. Also, thanks to Luton supporters club for the free pie. The chicken balti was excellent.

Summed it up perfectly. Also, thanks to Luton supporters club for the free pie. The chicken balti was excellent.

What!!? I missed out on that. Brilliant gesture by their Supporters club though. Paid 4-50 for a bloody good sausage roll, same thing cost 8-00 in Spurs ground. Missed a presentation at halftime as well, what was that for? : )

Last edited:
The subs didn't help us but they weren't 'silly' subs.....Cook and Christie were poor today .....Cook particularly so....bringing Billing and Scott was supposed to help us regain a bit of control....The Semenyo sub was the only strange one....must have had a knock.
Pretty sure that Semenyo was subbed for an injury.
He could be seen treating something with a bag of ice on the bench later on.

Wasn’t able to catch this game. Sounds like a typical case of being the better side and ultimately not taking chances. As much as I appreciate Luton, I can’t really get behind the oh well attitude. I really wanted us to make a push for Europe, it’s 3 points dropped for me! Even the point would’ve maintained the momentum nicely at a difficult ground. Oh well.

;