Luton Town v AFC Bournemouth

Enjoyed the first hour immensely. We should have put the match beyond reach of Luton in the first half when we were playing some slick footy.

Fantastic support. Received a message from a fan watching in the USA to say that it was hard to hear the commentary at times because of the noise.

Great to see so many supporters, some who I hadn't seen for years and one supporter who went to the same school and I only met today for the first time. The social aspect of going to football always makes it worthwhile.

I trust that backlash from today is seeing off Manure next week.

Oh My God ..or OMG as they say now ...I've just had a re-evaluation of things PL Table..we are still not Safe and there are now one less games to get it sorted...Luton have booted on..and can reach 43 points and we have have only got 41 still. Why did we get so damn confident and start banging on about Europe ..see what it's done..we can Still go Down and South Hampton could win the play-offs...and.. and...Horrorbag Central Batman...Cherries fans might have to shuffle sideways past the Liner Port and sneak into Fratton for a poached Derby. Oh dear oh dear Popeye.
A Must Win v Manchester United is now a big issue..:slap:

Last edited:
Difficult to describe how I feel after that. For an hour or so it was an exceptional away day. Noisy, boisterous away following (regardless of the score it was a privilege to be in your presence, loud, proud and 100% behind Andoni and the lads). Boscombe playing beautiful football, almost a "peak Eddie" performance but we only took the one chance. Our subs, for a change, didn't improve us, Luton 's did. It was Andoni 's game plan but in reverse. I also don't think we should underestimate Luton 's situation and desire to win. Once we couldn't match that, they took over.

Fair play to Luton, a squad short of Premier League pedigree but a "band of brothers" attitude. They are a group of hardworking triers, playing as well as a team, as they can, not resorting to physical power. Credit to their manager for that.

From my Bournemouth viewpoint, the ref didn't have a great match but I am biased.

Subdued Riverside Rocket on the way down the Motorway. As mentioned, away support was great today, last visit we were to the side. This time we were in front of them, brilliant noise : )

Saw and spoke to various dignitaries of this parish. AFCBade, In all departments, Erik the Viking and Ken Bailys Ghost. Also recognized loads of people, it's always good to be part of the Boscombe Massive : )

Whilst writing this I think I feel, celebrate the first hour, we're good enough to play that well. The last half hour happened and I can't change that. First away day for 5 weeks, can't always get the results you want but we're enjoying the rest of the day. It's great to be "back amongst it all" again
: )
Nice to say hello Table

As you say first hour was decent - in fact would say that the first 45 mins was the best half of the recent games where we were unbeaten and could have easily equalled the four we did score in the recent home game with Luton. To come in 0-0 was a big let-down

After we did score, we did seem to sit back and invite them on to us. I felt they wanted it more than us at the end and maybe that reflects the (other) table standings. It could be that passing 40 points may take the edge of our game. Or was it the wind impact as AI claims or just injuries seemed to weaken us.

Didn’t believe Europe was on this year and fear that would harm us next season if we did qualify. Losing sinisterra and tav now is a huge blow for us.

A bit wasteful in the first half. Should have been at least 1-0 up.

After we scored, I thought we'd go on to win it.

The substitutions didn't offer much. I felt we got weaker with each one made.

Had a good day overall. Enjoyed the Red Lion pre match.

Given it was win or bust for Luton we were always going to have to be right on our game. We weren’t. Wasteful in front of goal for long periods. And then I think we thought the job was done once we did take the lead. Luton had other ideas to keep pushing given their situation and we simply didn’t match that ethic.

Our bench has won us games lately so I’m not going to get too down on AI’s sub usage or the subs themselves. Maybe there was more to this illness thing than AI let on. Whatever the reason we got weaker the longer it went on and the home fans/players smelled blood.

Still perplexed as to how Zabarnyi ended up on the floor when jostling with Morris whilst Woodrow's cross was in the air.

Whatever happened it left Morris completely unmarked.

Can anyone slowmo the incident?

Still perplexed as to how Zabarnyi ended up on the floor when jostling with Morris whilst Woodrow's cross was in the air.

Clutching at straws with that I'm afraid.

You can see the brief highlights for yourself on the Sky app.

I thought at the time that he must have been fouled to have ended up on the ground but judging by the replay he managed it all on his own.
The fact that he didn’t appeal for anything suggests that he knew that it was just bad luck, unfortunately.
When we hit the woodwork twice in the first half, I did instantly get the feeling that it wasn’t going to be our day !

It was a strange one.

As far as I can make out Morris had hold of Zabarnyi's arm as the ball was in the air. He then let's go, moves forwards towards the goal and Zabarnyi collapses to the ground. If he somehow unbalanced Zabarnyi it was a very subtle and clever move.

That Luton winner was frustrating, but Zabarnyi initially and Kelly both put in decent challenges.

The fall of the ball can often dictate the result.

I watched the match on demand after I got home yesterday and was disappointed to see us outworked at the end. I can't get too fussed about it, don't mind seeing Luton get those points. Time to look forward to doing the double over Manchester United. That and getting back at Wolves are my only special hopes for the run-in.

Watched
I watched the match on demand after I got home yesterday and was disappointed to see us outworked at the end. I can't get too fussed about it, don't mind seeing Luton get those points. Time to look forward to doing the double over Manchester United. That and getting back at Wolves are my only special hopes for the run-in.

Beating Brighton is top of the list in my view.

;