Luton Town v AFC Bournemouth

It was a strange one.

As far as I can make out Morris had hold of Zabarnyi's arm as the ball was in the air. He then let's go, moves forwards towards the goal and Zabarnyi collapses to the ground. If he somehow unbalanced Zabarnyi it was a very subtle and clever move.
Every time Morris challenged for the ball throughout the whole match he had both hands full of Zabs’ shirt on the blind side of the ref and Lino. Very clever although he was constantly fouling so wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how he got free for the winner

Every time Morris challenged for the ball throughout the whole match he had both hands full of Zabs’ shirt on the blind side of the ref and Lino. Very clever although he was constantly fouling so wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how he got free for the winner
A clever forward in that case.

Baffles me why this type of thing isnt picked up by the ref.

Maguire in the match v Liverpool often had both arms wrapped round a Liverpool player. No foul or booking. According to Neville on Sky it was good strong defending.

Morris is exceptionally strong (but limited) forward.

Not surprised he was a handful for our cb's. Luton aren't going to outplay anyone, the pretty way.

The TLDR of the stats.

The xG suggests a Luton win was a fair result.

Luton hit the target 9 times to our once

Kerkez may have been targeted aerially, he had joint most aerial duels and won 1 of 5

Baffles me why this type of thing isnt picked up by the ref.

Maguire in the match v Liverpool often had both arms wrapped round a Liverpool player. No foul or booking. According to Neville on Sky it was good strong defending.
At one stage he threw a player to the ground on the goal-line near the corner post and what about the two footed lunge by Casemiro at the end, disgraceful.

Well, I must have fat-thumbed a poor edit on my iPhone as I was responding to Waz's #139 comment. Somehow, I've turned my own comment into one by Waz. So, apologies to Waz for somehow turning my comment into his but my point about criticizing one young player making a mistake being forgivable but another with even less experience having no excuse for an error remains relevant.

Having allowed the weekend to get that loss out of my system. Despite dominating the first half our final pass into the box was pretty poor as was the shooting when well placed. I am still disappointed in what was a poor second half performance which handed the initiative to Luton who deservedly went on to win. Having said that, Luton certainly had the luck in a ricocheting ball off Kelly landing at the feet of the only unmarked Luton player to stick away the chance, and then the Morris pull on Zabarnyi's arm leading to his slip and the former took advantage of it. I think Zab's needs to be a bit stronger in those moments (oh dear, that sounds like Scott Parker). While I admire the spirit of Luton's team, I can't see them avoiding relegation as on its own it won't be enough. I don't mind if I'm wrong about that. Quite a few of our players weren't up to their usual standard; in particular, Christie was poor in most areas with plenty of passes being intercepted and he was notably weak in the tackle. I read somewhere a comment that he looked like a ragdoll, and I think that's pretty close to what I thought. Today I read in the Echo that illness still pervades the squad and that could be a notable factor for Christie and in general, our dropping away in that second half, despite that caught out by the "wind" factor raised by AI which I thought was a bit odd. I guess they don't have wind in Spain. The loss of Tavernier will be felt even if he hasn't been having the best of seasons. When he's on the pitch we look much more secure defensively.

Now to be positive as we prepare to complete the double over Man Utd on Saturday.

Christie was poor in most areas with plenty of passes being intercepted and he was notably weak in the tackle.

Agree with Christie's pass percentage - it was 57% whereas he is averaging 77% for the season. In terms of tackles, though he won 6 out of 8 (75%) which is only slightly down on the season average of 83%.

Morris is exceptionally strong (but limited) forward.

Not surprised he was a handful for our cb's. Luton aren't going to outplay anyone, the pretty way.
I like him. He didn’t look limited to me, ran with the ball well too and quite pacy. Nine goals in a struggling side is very decent. I’d me more than happy were we to sign him if they were relegated.

Agree with Christie's pass percentage - it was 57% whereas he is averaging 77% for the season. In terms of tackles, though he won 6 out of 8 (75%) which is only slightly down on the season average of 83%.
Thanks Matt. I think I should have avoided the tackle part and merely said he was easily brushed aside when challenging but not actually tackling.

;