Lys Mousset

Rusty I would say summed up his performance today. Passes not having quite the right weight etc. I hope he gets another go against Burnley.

I thought he had a good hour on the pitch. However I do wish he would take more care when provided with an 'open goal' opportunity in front of goal, instead of trying to break the back of the net.

For his first start I think he did 'ok'... Didn't really get it in the game enough, but then again, we were not at the races today as a whole... It was time for him to be subbed when he was... We needed something new as up front just wasn't working... He will come good I have no doubt...

I thought that Gradel did well behind Josh for his 20 mins on the park... Think Gradel will and should start against Burnely... Lot more lively, but he has a lot more experience...

Dare I say, for alt hose that slate Afobe, maybe his partnership with Josh is better and worth more than some think...????

I thought he was poor to be honest.
But he's a young player and needs games to get the feel of Premier League football.
I'd like him to start next game.

Yep I thought he did OK, too. Some nice touches and turns. Not the finished article by any means but bags of potential.

Lord Snooty - 6/5/2017 19:15

I thought he was poor to be honest.
But he's a young player and needs games to get the feel of Premier League football.
I'd like him to start next game.

Yea I don't think he looked good either but like you I hope he starts next game. We're already safe and it could really hurt his confidence to lose his starting place over one games performance after waiting so long to get it.

He reminds me of someone else who got a lot of stick on here at the beginning of the season.
Lots of great runs, nice ball control, but almost every time his final touch (whether a shot or a pass) was poor.
Lots of potential though. I'm excited to see him develop.

...thought he did okay but came into a team that looked out of ideas and shape today...King looked tired (maybe the Spurs rumours unsettled him?).....Stanislas,Pugh and Arter were poor today too IMO....Lewis Cook had a good match as did Boruc and Smith when going forward but all in all a lacklustre effort...probably due to the fact that we were safe on 41 points!

For me Alyssa showed a lot of potential. Could go either way but I think he might prove to be awesome. Glad that Eddie trusted him to start and I hope he does so again next week.

Fully concur with starting him again next match. To drop him would destroy his confidence.

Thought Gradel was rubbish again.

If he was a PL regular he'd spend half the season bannned as he does like to pick up a yellow card, no matter how long he's on the pitch.

Very similar style to King, which was his biggest problem today. Both battling for the same positions which left Lys not knowing where to stand. Kept having to get in game coaching from Eddie. He's raw, for sure, but there's promise.

Reactions: sdr
DannyHollandspockets - 6/5/2017 22:51

Very similar style to King, which was his biggest problem today. Both battling for the same positions which left Lys not knowing where to stand. Kept having to get in game coaching from Eddie. He's raw, for sure, but there's promise.

Same as when Wilson and King played together, too similar in style. Best partnership is King and Afobe. If King left then Mousse could be his replacement.

Completely out of his depth as you'd expect from a French 2nd division player. May still come good if works very hard on loan somewhere but I won't hold my breath. £6m ouch!

Needs some clueless t055er to start a thread about him being either:

1. The worst forward we've ever had or
2. Not fit to wear the shirt

Moossey is still pretty raw but has all the attributes required to be a quality player. If he makes an error he doesn't hide but is always looking to get another chance. Needs to start the next two matches.

Resevoir_Red - 7/5/2017 00:51

Completely out of his depth as you'd expect from a French 2nd division player. May still come good if works very hard on loan somewhere but I won't hold my breath. £6m ouch!

Suffice to say, all those people demanding mousett play instead of Benik should ask themselves why they thought that. He needs to develop as did King when he joined. Not sure we would give him the time he needs though unless we are decimated by injuries so a loan option would be a sensible option.

I think he really needs game time.
He looks strong,pacy,can hold the ball up and can shoot.
However,he isn't ready for this league,so a loan to a top half Championship team would be ideal next season.
If he does well and gets 10-15 goals then it's a good move for both parties.

He looked like he was carrying a knock from about 30minutes in. He got clattered after laying the ball off on half-way and I was surprised he came back for the 2nd half
For a first start he did ok I thought. Some of our fans expect people to slot straight into the team having hardly played a match all season, to score a hat-trick and terrify defenders
If we signed Messi and he didn't score in the first 2 matches, some of our fans would be on his back

;