Manchester U v AFC Bournemouth

your joking right? king has had a couple of good games this season, mepham or Kelly will fill ake role, next season if we lose wilson ake brooks king l.cook lerma and billing I still think we have a good championship squad
We'd certainly have work to do with the squad - midfield would need an almost complete overhaul (as much as I like Surs and Gosling, we need to upgrade them, even in the Championship) and we'll really need to do something in the striking department. Not all doom and gloom though!

You have a huge debt approaching £240 million, you're in the top 10 teams in Europe for debt. The TV money hasn't helped as you made a loss last season.
Have you had those figures verified from NSC? They must be up in arms about that level of debt and the spirit of the game?

I like Eddie and I trust him to see us right. He just needs to have players who want to do well with Bournemouth. We have some good youngsters in the team and some more close to the team. I think a fresh start in the Championship would energise him. If we should ever return to the PL, Eddie would be aware of the pitfalls and do things slightly differently next time.

Eddie wants us playing exciting football as much as we do. Unfortunately this season, with this group of players it is proving extremely difficult.

A reset and a fresh start is needed and it’s probably best if that happens in the Championship. I’m looking forward to a brighter future with a fresh exciting team !

:utc:

Have you had those figures verified from NSC? They must be up in arms about that level of debt and the spirit of the game?

Official response from NSC regarding debt.

tenor.gif

I think it’s all false bravado. Like the child who hides their face and thinks it can’t be seen. If we pretend not to care then we really think they might grab a sneaky win.
To be honest I think you have hit the nail on the head. If I am truly honest with myself this is exactly how I feel.

I don't think it matters how you dress it up...the failings of this season are centered on the fact that we just cannot Defend well enough for this League../..whatever the formation , who or how many are in midfield , who is left or right back.... and we can't hold a lead for more than about 10 minutes.

I feel confident enough of my observations to predict that whoever is in charge next season, that if 6 or 7 of these players are still here that we would finish about 8th or 9th in the championship....and then drop down again the following season.....because once a rot sets in its bloody difficult to stop it... see Sunderland and Stoke....and latterly even Middlesbrough....who did usually defend well ...but just couldn't score.
We've had some great times in the 5 seasons up there...we are grateful to EH and JT for that and of course to Francis, Daniels, Surman, Gosling etc.
I'm not too sure about this Chairman
...he hasn't monitored things too well of late...and done much to stabilise the ship.

After about 5 minutes of the Newcastle game Adam Smith was puffing and blowing like a 70 year old despite having done very little. I think some of our players are a bit off 100% fit at the moment. Hopefully they'll improve. All that said a better show today against a top class team.

The simple truth guys is that we have very few technically gifted players good enough for the EPL, with the great majority of the squad being good but not of the necessary quality for us to survive the Prem. The constant loss of possession and missed placed passing has been a major feature of our downful besides inadequate defending. David Brookes is probably our most gifted asset with Nathan not far behind, but what has been missing this season has been attacks down the flanks and accurate crosses to our strikers. Hopefully next season, Eddie will rebuild our squad and identity as an attacking force, if of course he stays if we get relegated.
L

I will be really pleased when all the glory hunting JCLs have p1ssed off next season.

We will then, perhaps, get some more, sensible, expectations.

It really hurts me to say this but manure were excellent today, they will be top 2 next season, and we really worried and pushed them. A couple of crucial decisions went against us (I will acknowledge that our penalty was very iffy).

We are going down and I think (hope) we have the makings of a strong Championship side with Eddie as manager.

:utc:

It really hurts me to say this but manure were excellent today, they will be top 2 next season

You need to extradite yourself pronto ;)...

Defensively fragile though and the top teams usually come with a great defensive block. They've been playing some cannon fodder recently so maybe a false dawn.

The simple truth guys is that we have very few technically gifted players good enough for the EPL, with the great majority of the squad being good but not of the necessary quality for us to survive the Prem. The constant loss of possession and missed placed passing has been a major feature of our downful besides inadequate defending. David Brookes is probably our most gifted asset with Nathan not far behind, but what has been missing this season has been attacks down the flanks and accurate crosses to our strikers. Hopefully next season, Eddie will rebuild our squad and identity as an attacking force, if of course he stays if we get relegated.
L
This isn’t true though. We have the most technically gifted squad in our five years. We all agreed that at the start of the season because it was true. They have been let down with coaching and tactics and now half of them have other clubs lined up and have lost interest.

;