Manchester United v AFC Bournemouth

I backed us for top ten in the summer at 8/1, and doubled down just before the Palace game at 20/1.

We have dropped to 7/1 now.

If we can just get past this six pointer against Luton.....
Best I could get pre season for top half was 6/1 with PP. You can still get 7/1 now? May I ask who with?

It's good to know they're on the way back, as you rotation is key. Palace second half I thought sign of tiredness were coming through. Amazed at the way we recovered for yesterday, also Billing coming on almost as an impact sub in other words much more direct as he did yesterday. The pleasing thing is he seems to have taken it alright, I thought he might have had a strop at being benched the last few games.

Billings contribution as a sub in our last two games have been important.

Against Palace his cross for Moore to score put that game to bed.

Yesterday his headed goal put that extra gap in the score if United had got one back.

TL;DR stats summary.

First time recently that Senesi has played deeper than Zabarnyi. We again overloaded down the right hand side.

Cook produced 26 defensive actions smashing the previous best, which was 18 (Kelly at Brighton and Senesi at Liverpool). He also had most touches and most attempted passes.

No attempts from Man U after the 77th minute.

+11 points on corresponding games

I’d hope PB doesn’t see it that way. He’s a pro and must see how hard Kluivert works. My observation (and I think AI has said as much) is that the 2 wingers and “#10” should be struggling to complete 90 minutes, particularly twice in a week. If they can do 90, they’re not working hard enough. I also think PB will be better suited for certain games, starting with Luton. We will be expected to have far more of the ball against Luton and they are less likely to try to play out from the back… That suggests we need guile rather than pace on the break.

I’d hope PB doesn’t see it that way. He’s a pro and must see how hard Kluivert works. My observation (and I think AI has said as much) is that the 2 wingers and “#10” should be struggling to complete 90 minutes, particularly twice in a week. If they can do 90, they’re not working hard enough. I also think PB will be better suited for certain games, starting with Luton. We will be expected to have far more of the ball against Luton and they are less likely to try to play out from the back… That suggests we need guile rather than pace on the break.
Oops - wrong thread

Yes, we have some great options to come off the bench to rotate/rest/make an impact with the three behind Dom.

I was concerned we may see a half hearted PB since he was 'dropped', but he seems focused and buying into the cause, which is great to see.
Or not… was linking to this

;