MansionBet - what lovely people

It amazes me that gambling firms are still allowed to sponsor sports teams.
Hopefully they'll soon be thrown into the banned bucket along with booze and tobacco.

I'd be interested to know what the monetary difference was between the winning bid (MansionBet) and the other firms who were approached for sponsorship.

I think the interest would lie in the difference between that and the top bid from a non-betting firm.

Given the proliferation of betting firm shirt sponsors I'm going to guess it was a sizeable one.

As a former fruit machine addict, I am.biased. The high stakes machines in the bookies rightly had their max bets cut. This led to a lot of bookies closing. Showing how much money is made by the bookies from those machines.
Internet gambling is a huge problem. Should we have a issue being sponsored by a gambling firm??? I'd say no.if they pay UK tax. I have issue with offshore companies full stop.
Gambling went beyond the pale with bookies opening 14 hours a day and online gambling.

As a former fruit machine addict, I am.biased. The high stakes machines in the bookies rightly had their max bets cut. This led to a lot of bookies closing. Showing how much money is made by the bookies from those machines.
Internet gambling is a huge problem. Should we have a issue being sponsored by a gambling firm??? I'd say no.if they pay UK tax. I have issue with offshore companies full stop.
Gambling went beyond the pale with bookies opening 14 hours a day and online gambling.

There was nothing good about those machines. The only people who used them who didn't have gambling problems were money launderers.

There was nothing good about those machines. The only people who used them who didn't have gambling problems were money launderers.

I agree. Back in the day all you could lose was your wages. Now online gambling means you can borrow on credit cards too. If the government/ EU has no issues with the population blowing their money on gambling at least ensure the gambling firms weigh in and pay taxes. First stop...Gibraltar wants to be part if UK...abide by UK taxes too.

I agree. Back in the day all you could lose was your wages. Now online gambling means you can borrow on credit cards too. If the government/ EU has no issues with the population blowing their money on gambling at least ensure the gambling firms weigh in and pay taxes. First stop...Gibraltar wants to be part if UK...abide by UK taxes too.

I made this point about Gibraltar in the brexit thread. As far as I'm concerned all this tub thumping about how we should all be up in arms when the sovereignty of Gibraltar or the Falkland Islands are in question is nonsense.

They bang on about being proudly British, not quite proud enough to pay their fair share. F*ck em.

Gambling is a fine art, but if you keep winning they will ban you.
I once got banned without even having a bet!
Opened a Boylesport account to back a horse running at the Curragh....I wanted 150 ew at 25-1.....which was the price they were offering....wouldn't let me have it...computer said no....the most I could have was 15 ew at reduced odds....I didn't bother and the next morning I had an email informing me that my account was closed due to a 'trading decision '.....absolute charletons.

lockdown !!! Gary AFCB s coping mechanism is to get drunk and rip into AFCB . Last month players this month sponsors ...Eddie must be sh*tting himself what’s coming in May .

isn’t it strange that some people think that to criticise AFC Bournemouth in any way, you need to be drunk. I can assure wallmth that my comments have been made whilst totally sober.
I find it hard to understand that, if you are actually giving it serious thought, you would be happily in favour of a multi million pound company getting taxpayers to pay their employees and have no qualms about our club encouraging people to gamble their lives away. Sorry that my social conscience upsets you so.

isn’t it strange that some people think that to criticise AFC Bournemouth in any way, you need to be drunk. I can assure wallmth that my comments have been made whilst totally sober.
I find it hard to understand that, if you are actually giving it serious thought, you would be happily in favour of a multi million pound company getting taxpayers to pay their employees and have no qualms about our club encouraging people to gamble their lives away. Sorry that my social conscience upsets you so.

I find it hard to imagine you form your opinions after sober serious thought.

How long have Mansion been our sponsors now and you’ve just had this epiphany ? Nice to know you have never bought and worn one of these awful shirts A couple of weeks after you were trolling a bunch of kids on twitter ... social conscience my a*rse .. your bored .

Opened a Boylesport account to back a horse running at the Curragh....I wanted 150 ew at 25-1.....which was the price they were offering....wouldn't let me have it...computer said no....the most I could have was 15 ew at reduced odds....I didn't bother and the next morning I had an email informing me that my account was closed due to a 'trading decision '.....absolute charletons.

Taking a few good value bets or arbs at any only bookie will see your account severely restricted, particularly on horses. Basically bets where the price you take is better than the true odds, beating the overound which ensures their long term profit. Regardless whether you win or lose the bet, you'll be out the door quickly.

They don't like 'sharp' punters, only mugs.

Last edited:

I have nothing against you Gary,i know you are a longstanding well known supporter,but recently it seems you arent happy with the whole Premier League thing,if you arent,why not just take a break from it and dont go any more ?
The situation isnt ideal but going to football isnt compulsory,if you want the honest old style football experience there are plenty of non league clubs that would be grateful fo the support.
I have made my mind up to go down and watch Weymouth a few times when this is all over,big AFCB connection down there and the play good football in front of half decent crowds.
I will still go to AFCB though because i still enjoy an actual matchday,i dont let the other crap consume me.

I have nothing against you Gary,i know you are a longstanding well known supporter,but recently it seems you arent happy with the whole Premier League thing,if you arent,why not just take a break from it and dont go any more ?
The situation isnt ideal but going to football isnt compulsory,if you want the honest old style football experience there are plenty of non league clubs that would be grateful fo the support.
I have made my mind up to go down and watch Weymouth a few times when this is all over,big AFCB connection down there and the play good football in front of half decent crowds.
I will still go to AFCB though because i still enjoy an actual matchday,i dont let the other crap consume me.
O/T. National League clubs have voted to end the season immediately.

can't deposit using credit cards since 14th of this month.

I use the Tote, (Danish version), its all pool betting. so they won't close your account if you keep winning.

;