Marcos Senesi

To whom it was obvious this was going to happen, one thought as much. We are now in a relegation battle as our defence is decimated. I saw this happen when I scouted Merthyr Tydfil in the Welsh Lowlands league…they lost a Ewe, their main defender and they were relegated. One is very worried now as we will definitely lose to Sheff Utd without Zeneezie. I bid you good day.

(Very sorry to read this update, Senesi has worked so hard this season and deserved to be called up. I wish him a speedy recovery.)

To whom it was obvious this was going to happen, one thought as much. We are now in a relegation battle as our defence is decimated. I saw this happen when I scouted Merthyr Tydfil in the Welsh Lowlands league…they lost a Ewe, their main defender and they were relegated. One is very worried now as we will definitely lose to Sheff Utd without Zeneezie. I bid you good day.

(Very sorry to read this update, Senesi has worked so hard this season and deserved to be called up. I wish him a speedy recovery.)
Gutted for him.
Should have been rotated. Shouldn't have started v Leicester.

Bournemouth boss Andoni Iraola on Marcos Senesi: "He has a strain. He will be out for this game. He will not be able to go with his national team. We hope he can recover for the first game after the international break."

Sounds like he'll miss these next two, hopefully back at the end of the month.

Marcos Senesi has been named as the Michael Matthews Player of the Month for February.

The Argentine featured in all six fixtures across the month, picking up three draws against West Ham United, Nottingham Forest and Newcastle United.

He also starred in the home clash with Manchester City, as Andoni Iraola's side were narrowly defeated at Vitality Stadium at the end of the month.

Senesi won our poll on X with 57.8% of the vote, beating off competition from Lewis Cook (20.8%), Illia Zabarnyi (13.8%) and Adam Smith (7.6%).

I’d have given it to Cook or Zabarnyi but he’s been great too. Think we’re missing his build up post from the back atm.

I think everyone can see the difference in our attacking play when he's on the pitch.....we've never had a defender who reads the game like he does ....the amount of times he steps into midfield to win the ball is ridiculous....he moves to intercept passes before they are played....just incredible football intelligence.

I think everyone can see the difference in our attacking play when he's on the pitch.....we've never had a defender who reads the game like he does ....the amount of times he steps into midfield to win the ball is ridiculous....he moves to intercept passes before they are played....just incredible football intelligence.

He helps to lead the man-to-man press that Iraola likes.

When it works it's fantastic and it's noticeable when Senesi is absent that this goes missing.

Last edited:

;