Marcus Tavernier

A bit of meat on the bones. http://the4thofficial.net/2017/11/bournemouth-interested-explosive-middlesbrough-winger-howe-perfect-mentor/

Gave us a tricky time in the League Cup tie last month. Got their goal and was a general menace.

I thought we may be in for another winger but someone who can come straight into the first team,as this must be the last hurrah for Pugh.
Do we really need another youngster with potential who won't play?
We have already taken Hyndman and Mahoney away from playing regular Championship football and playing at Canford instead.

We should be looking at someone like Malcom from Bordeaux rather than this. Tearing it up in France, young quick skilful Brazilian. Scored 5 goals & assisted 4 so far this season so is proving that he has an end product. At only 20 years old & not at one of the top sides in France it fits the profile of an Eddie signing (other than he's not British with experience in the English game) but someone he can develop & we are in need of wingers. Look at how Richarlison is performing at Watford & that's an indication of what we could get if we spread our wings further a field when recruiting. Could be a dud but that's the same with any transfer you simply take the risk. Tavernier looked alright on the break in the cup & took his goal well but would want to see more of him.

Jamie_Wills - 20/11/2017 02:34

We should be looking at someone like Malcom from Bordeaux rather than this. Tearing it up in France, young quick skilful Brazilian. Scored 5 goals & assisted 4 so far this season so is proving that he has an end product. At only 20 years old & not at one of the top sides in France it fits the profile of an Eddie signing (other than he's not British with experience in the English game) but someone he can develop & we are in need of wingers. Look at how Richarlison is performing at Watford & that's an indication of what we could get if we spread our wings further a field when recruiting. Could be a dud but that's the same with any transfer you simply take the risk. Tavernier looked alright on the break in the cup & took his goal well but would want to see more of him.

The last time we signed a winger 'tearing it up in France' it didn't work very well...

How many signings have we had from over here that have flopped as well? Whervever you sign players from it's a risk. If you're referring to gradel as a winger in France then that's incorrect as he didn't play there for Saint Etienne he played in the 10 for the majority of the time. I'd much rather take a punt on someone like this as having watched him play he looks a talent. Would probably save us money going abroad as well.

Silent AFCB - 20/11/2017 05:12

Jamie_Wills - 20/11/2017 02:34

The last time we signed a winger 'tearing it up in France' it didn't work very well...

:hihi:

Not exactly comparing like-with-like. They turned down a €25 million bid for him in August since when he's signed a contract extension. I'd imagine he'd cost in excess of €40-50 million. Not sure we'd spend that on a player for the U23 team which is surely what Tavernier would be initially.

Where is that Pie Recycling Unit we signed from Boro back along?. I thought I spotted him at a meat raffle at Tavistock Goose Fair in October. Others say he works in a Blandford Brewery. I think Bristol City eventually fell out of love with him after he eloped with their Xmas Turkey!I think he was in Nightclub brawl or something unsavoury recently or was it savoury? Not one Eddies best.....!

Plenty of chat today about the Boro winger and our interest in him - in the Sun and the Teeside press. Winger, played for England junior sides and now training with full England squad. Eddie said to be competing with ManU for his signing.

If any truth in this maybe another hint that Fraser is likely to go??

eddie always seems to keep tabs on players that score against us. pedant alert - for the sake of wimborner and the other youngsters, who come here to learn grown up stuff.... its teesside. it annoys them.

There's a good chance Fraser will move on up, and there's a good chance Ibe, Mousset, and Pugh will leave the club.
Is Mahoney a PL ready option? Hard to say having seen so little of him, but his Champ record is solid if not as spectacular as Fraser's was.
Makes sense for Eddie to be looking at new wide options.

;