Marcus Tavernier

My take is that the Fraser saga is not over yet, but I will concede it's looking 70/30 to him going or staying...

However, Pugh, Ibe and Stan have got to be looking at being shown the door (in the nicest possible way)...

But is his assist record up there with the wee man's? The odd spectacular goal is OK but can he play wing back if the need arises?
These are very relevant points.
Given that the lad has spent most of his career fannying around in midfield for one club in the Spanish League and is probabl;y very set in his ways, I'm not sure that even Eddie's famed skills at improving every player that he works with would be enough to turn him into an effective wing back.
It seems to me that, given given his age and the fact that he is slowing down a bit now and taking into consideration his physique and balls skills, would it not be better to let Mossy have a go at him instead with a view to turning him into a Premier League goalkeeper, especially so as modern goalies are now expected to be better with their feet than their hands so that they can play one-twos with other defenders in the goalmouth? He would be great at that.
The other advantage of this would be financial: as he has never played goalie both his transfer fee and salary would be much less than if we signed him on as just another small midfielder.

Stacey part exchange + Kilkenny loan would seem good business for everyone. That is a lot of moving parts to a deal though.

I'm sure Boro would like some cash on top as well, although how much who knows.

Stacey part exchange + Kilkenny loan would seem good business for everyone. That is a lot of moving parts to a deal though.

I'm sure Boro would like some cash on top as well, although how much who knows.

Good move for Stacey. Middlesborough play wing backs and I'm sure Stacey would do really well in that role under Wilder. Would Kilkenny start, though? If not, a middle to lower Championship table would be better for him to get the game-time experience he needs. A club like Coventry with Mark Robins as manager or Blackpool would be great for him I think.

What is it with all these Kilkenny as a makeweight rumours? Just as talented as JA and JZ imo, would be a ridiculous decision to let him go. If it’s a makeweight in the form of a loan then great, but I think it would be a real shame and very shortsighted of us to use a promising academy graduate in a deal for some other clubs promising academy graduate.

Except Tavernier has proven his ability to some degree. Not all academy graduates are equal, every player started as one as far as I'm aware.

Kilkenny has to go out on loan, to develop his potential, which he appears to have plenty of. Getting to that age where he needs game time under his belt to prove himself.

;