Mark Travers

...being linked with Burnley keeper Bailey Peacock -Farrell (formerly of Leeds United)

would be a good shout IMO...

I thought he was a very good keeper at Leeds. He was very highly thought of. I think he only moved when Bielsa bought an ex Real Madrid keeper to compete for the role. He would be a good choice I think.

Travers done really well at Swindon on loan and was then brought back and not played by Woodgate.begovic had a great season but had howlers before that.got to give travers a go same with Anthony and kilkenny IMO or what's the point in a youth system.not saying all 3 should start e
every game but have to be in around it every week

https://the72.co.uk/category/championship/bournemouth/

It has been reported that Championship club Bournemouth are now eyeing up a potential move to Peacock-Farrell this summer.

With Nick Pope ahead of him in the pecking order at Burnley, a departure has been rumoured for the ‘keeper. Not only that, but Wayne Hennessey has arrived at Turf Moor, pushing him further down Sean Dyche’s ranks.

Bournemouth are in the market for goalkeeping reinforcements before the new season gets underway. Asmir Begovic departed to join Everton earlier this week, leaving a vacant spot as Scott Parker’s number one.

With the Cherries the latest said keen on a deal for former Leeds United man Peacock-Farrell, it will be interesting to see how his situation pans out.

I feel like I remember the start of last season differently. When Travers started the first game, at the time I thought he was going to be number 1. But then Bego started the next game and it turned out there was some reason why he didn't start the first game of the season, and that he was going to be number 1 from the first game apart from the reason he didn't start, which I can't remember what it was.

Travers done really well at Swindon on loan and was then brought back and not played by Woodgate.begovic had a great season but had howlers before that.got to give travers a go same with Anthony and kilkenny IMO or what's the point in a youth system.not saying all 3 should start e
I think the only reason we bought him back from Swindon was because they'd agreed to pay a percentage of his wages and because of their financial problems couldn't honour the agreement. Hence we pulled the plug. Not a lot to do with Begovic struggling with fitness.

Not sure I'd risk all three of them in the team at tge same time but inclined to agree with you. More game time fir them would definitely be good. I remember Kilkenny pre-season three years ago I think and he played brilliantly but hardly got a lock in again. He deserves a subs appearance I think to give him a chance. Anthony feels like the real deal. Almost don't want another left winger bought because I think it'll mean he never gets a chance. Travers the jury is out on. He is an amazing pen stopper but has had such little game time that his confidence just seems low. Difficult one. If he doesn't come good and we then have to wait until Jan to sign another, that would be a problem. Peacock-Farrell played for Leeds before they were promoted and did alright I believe. Might be good to bring him in on loan as a back up in case Travers doesn't come through. Ultimately though, it would be amazing if Travers is picked and then does really well. I always had tge impression Eddie thought he could be better than Rambo but hadn't quite got enough experience yet.

One week Travers keeps a clean sheet against Spurs and makes some blinding saves. The next, he lets in five against Palace, including one through the legs.
If we could get the first Travers and not the second one.
Be fair, all our “defence” was utterly shit that day against Palace

He definitely has the potential to be a top keeper. But there are a couple of aspects to his game that would personally make me very nervous it he were to be given the nod at this moment in time.
- his body language and demeanour seem to be very nervous and do not inspire confidence. A key attribute to being a good goal keeper is the ability to be decisive in high pressure situations, he does not seem to possess this ability st the moment but it will potentially come with time and experience (on loan in the lower leagues.) A key example of this is that he seems very apprehensive to venture off his line in any situation.
- his technique for palming away shots is currently quite erratic, he has a tendency to let the ball squirm under his hands. This could be related to the first point, in that nervousness is getting the better of him during in game situations. Either way, he definitely needs a loan before he is ready.

A key example of this is that he seems very apprehensive to venture off his line in any situation.

Sorry, but I found myself smiling at this particular bit of analysis.

The only real mistake he made on his debut against Spurs was being so far out of goal that Moura almost lobbed him from the half way line - the same mistake he made in the International match after which he lost his place when the opposition did score from distance.

So not sure the "in any situation" is correct and is probably the very reason why he is so apprehensive. I agree that the only way to get over that is game time - whether that be here or out on loan.

Ramsdale came into the team after 2 seasons of football. He needs a loan, playing week in week out.
I am not against loans but he will have been playing in some capacity for the last 2 years. Even if he had a year on loan somewhere lower down the leagues, at some stage he will still need to face the Championship again, so why not now before the window closes. It's worth delaying another option until the last minute, and going with plan B then rather than take the safe but short term option.

Otherwise next year we will be saying "yes he had a good year at Forest Green (for example) but he's not done it at the Championship level", and so we go around and around until he winds up leaving like Simpson with us never knowing what could have happened.

I feel like I remember the start of last season differently. When Travers started the first game, at the time I thought he was going to be number 1. But then Bego started the next game and it turned out there was some reason why he didn't start the first game of the season, and that he was going to be number 1 from the first game apart from the reason he didn't start, which I can't remember what it was.

Travers first match of season start was a bit of a shocker, though. If there was any doubt or opportunity, that killed it.

If he's good enough he'll get a chance.

No good comparing him to other players. The other player could simply be better.

As I mentioned in another post, we re no longer a mid table club. Can't afford to or need to take chances on players we don't feel are first team ready.

;