Match Report AFCB vs Brentford

The play offs rarely reflect what's gone before and often propel the lowest finishing Club into the higher Division.
The games are a nervy lottery generally with dramatic highpoints and turning moments like the end of a thrilling novel.
They can be entertaining in the 90 minutes and extra time as was ours v Huddersfield...and the final v Lincoln a few years before was a classic.
I'd rate our chances now at about 55 to 60%.

The problem for any team is when they start all tangled up by nerves..and the other team just basically takes charge of the day !
Hopefully will follow 2003 path where we list a drab game 1:0 at home to Lincoln near end of season before going on to thrash them in the play off final a few short weeks later!

I think we did well to keep our powder dry yesterday, whether intentional or not. If we can get Kelly back and keep all others fit, as long as the players are up for it, Brentford should meet a much better AFCB in the playoffs. Especially in the second half it really did feel as though our players were taking it easy or maybe the tough schedule really had taken it out of them.

Either way, I am confident that we have a lot more to give in a must win rematch, should it happen. Yesterday’s match could just lull Brentford into a false sense of confidence before our next meeting and that can only be to our benefit.

If we can remain unaffected by the nerves and play our best team, I still fancy us to gain promotion via the playoffs.

:utc:

55-60% of going up?!

I would say about 30%, especially after yesterday. If we played Brentford their favourites so that’s us less than 50% already

The computer says 30% Championship Predictions | FiveThirtyEight

FYI - Brentford 38%, Barnsley 21% and Swansea 10% (Reading <1%)

I had a spare minute so looked at the summed H2H scores for each of the likely 4 play-off teams

AFCB - Barnsley 6 -3
AFCB - Swansea 3-0
AFCB - Brentford 1- 3
Brentford - Barnsley 1-2
Brentford - Swansea 2-2
Barnsley - Swansea 0 -4

I'm not sure it means anything, but it doesn't change my mind about wanting Swansea in the semi. Rotherham seemed to outplay Barnsley yesterday and spurned a lot of good chances. I can't understand how Barnsley's goal stood given the assault on the keeper.

If Wednesday was vintage early Eddie, yesterday was vintage late Tindall : )
It's gone now, start a 5 match winning run on Saturday : )
Sounds more feasible than a 13 match winning streak : )
That sounds great, and tbh I would take L,L,D,W,W over the next five games .... sounds even MORE feasible.

Absolutely f**King clueless by Woodgate and his backroom team, he had half a game to rest players when we were 3-0 up on Millwall. Why do it against Brentford?

That's scum, Barnsley, Preston and now Brentford where him and his cronies have just sat back and watched the opposition tear us a new one. He only decides to make a sub once they score, we can all see it coming, so frustrating.

If he gets the job next season we're bang in trouble.

Woodgate out.

Absolutely f**King clueless by Woodgate and his backroom team, he had half a game to rest players when we were 3-0 up on Millwall. Why do it against Brentford?

That's scum, Barnsley, Preston and now Brentford where him and his cronies have just sat back and watched the opposition tear us a new one. He only decides to make a sub once they score, we can all see it coming, so frustrating.

If he gets the job next season we're bang in trouble.

Woodgate out.

You are Jason Tindall and I claim my five pounds.

;