Match Report and MOM v Chelsea...

A specific tactic is just one part of management and can be brought by other people. It would be really sad to lose all the fantastic things Eddie brings for that?

Any problem with any football team ever can be solved by the made up mantra of "change the coaching staff". It adds nothing to any debate, can never be proven right or wrong, and is just lazy shorthand for having a go at the manager.

If Eddie can't solve the problems he will need to be sacked. No messing about with nonsense shorthand.

When will Eddie learn that Callum has had far too many chances and his pace has gone.
Time to move on as his first touch is poor and goes down far to easily and the refs are wise to it

UTCIAD

I th
Lerma for MOM? It's all about opinions but I would single him out as our worst performer today.
Thought Lerma was poor by his normal high standards in the first half, possibly feeling his back problem but second half thought he was good. Lewis Cook was anonymous first half but started to show some of his old form second half. He has the ability - needs more game time and be played higher up the pitch.

Callum worked his socks off, as he has done regularly lately, so I find it hard to be down on him. But King is a better finisher. I'd wager King scores that volley. And King might win a few more fouls that for whatever reason, Callum is getting absolutely nothing from currently.

Any problem with any football team ever can be solved by the made up mantra of "change the coaching staff". It adds nothing to any debate, can never be proven right or wrong, and is just lazy shorthand for having a go at the manager.

If Eddie can't solve the problems he will need to be sacked. No messing about with nonsense shorthand.

That’s your opinion and to me a very binary way of looking at it.

Nothing can be proved in football. Had we made different signings we might have got worse or better, we could get a new stadium and be revitalised by it or find it a curse and impossible to play in. We could change tactics and be better or worse. In any scenario you will never know what would have happenned if you hadn’t have done it. Might as well stop all debate.

Personally speaking, wanting to keep a brilliant manager but hoping he injects new ideas through someone new is neither shorthand nor lazy and something many other managers have done. You just don’t agree with it which is fair enough. You can say that without belittling someone else’s view.

When will Eddie learn that Callum has had far too many chances and his pace has gone.
Time to move on as his first touch is poor and goes down far to easily and the refs are wise to it

UTCIAD
I fear it might be to late, as I said in a previous thread eddies loyalty to players constantly not performing will damage his reputation and our chances of staying up, frustrating as hell, isn't it! And the trouble is I fear we'll be stuck with him if we go down, as I don't think another club will take on his wages.

That’s your opinion and to me a very binary way of looking at it.

Nothing can be proved in football. Had we made different signings we might have got worse or better, we could get a new stadium and be revitalised by it or find it a curse and impossible to play in. We could change tactics and be better or worse. In any scenario you will never know what would have happenned if you hadn’t have done it. Might as well stop all debate.

Personally speaking, wanting to keep a brilliant manager but hoping he injects new ideas through someone new is neither shorthand nor lazy and something many other managers have done. You just don’t agree with it which is fair enough. You can say that without belittling someone else’s view.

My issue is that "changing the coaching staff" is a nothing opinion. It's a mythical change that you have declared will solve all our problems. You could say this about any team ever. It's nonsense.

I fear it might be to late, as I said in a previous thread eddies loyalty to players constantly not performing will damage his reputation and our chances of staying up, frustrating as hell, isn't it! And the trouble is I fear we'll be stuck with him if we go down, as I don't think another club will take on his wages.
What a problem that would be, being "stuck" with Callum for a season in the Championship................................... what do you reckon 25 goals ?

My issue is that "changing the coaching staff" is a nothing opinion. It's a mythical change that you have declared will solve all our problems. You could say this about any team ever. It's nonsense.

Its not nonsense. It’s different to your opinion. I don’t agree with your opinion but I don’t think it’s nonsense.

Saying that bringing in a coach with experience in playing a different way to augment what is at a club is not a nonsense opinion is it? Saying that we should change kit to play in green and we would win more is a nonsense opinion.

It’s just a different opinion to yours. This is why we end up with threads about yours and TFarriers obsession with me btw.

Its not nonsense. It’s different to your opinion. I don’t agree with your opinion but I don’t think it’s nonsense.

Saying that bringing in a coach with experience in playing a different way to augment what is at a club is not a nonsense opinion is it? Saying that we should change kit to play in green and we would win more is a nonsense opinion.

It’s just a different opinion to yours. This is why we end up with threads about yours and TFarriers obsession with me btw.

I don't have an obsession with you but I do get wound up by this nonsense.

It's an indefinable solution to a problem. Add "X" new coaching staff to right all wrongs. X is not defined - No actual coaching staff identified and if they do make changes they will obviously be the wrong changes when they don't work.

I'm all for identifying the problems with his tactics, team selections etc. but this fixation you have with changing the coaching staff is what I said, nonsense.

Pick any team anywhere in the country that is not achieving 100% success and I'll tell you they need to change their coaching staff, football genius that I am.

What a problem that would be, being "stuck" with Callum for a season in the Championship................................... what do you reckon 25 goals ?
I don't think he will get anywhere near that figure, I don't think he got that when we were promoted as champions and he's lost pace since then, due his two x acl's.

Also wanted to chip in and say that Billing (apart from his finishing) had a very solid game. Many of you might be aware that I'm certainly not his biggest fan, but credit where it's due. Those lanky legs seem to have some magnetic force that draw opposition passes to him.

I don't have an obsession with you but I do get wound up by this nonsense.

It's an indefinable solution to a problem. Add "X" new coaching staff to right all wrongs. X is not defined - No actual coaching staff identified and if they do make changes they will obviously be the wrong changes when they don't work.

I'm all for identifying the problems with his tactics, team selections etc. but this fixation you have with changing the coaching staff is what I said, nonsense.

Pick any team anywhere in the country that is not achieving 100% success and I'll tell you they need to change their coaching staff, football genius that I am.
I think you have gone on record in the past as saying we needed full back cover (apologies if this is not the case but go with it) you don’t have to name that full back for it to be a valid opinion.

I don’t know what coaches or retiring intelligent players that are out there. What I do see though is a team that is becoming increasingly tactically simple and players consistently not playing to what they are capable of. That’s a management issue. One option is to change the manager... if it wasn’t for his history that would be the logical conclusion as if Howe had left two years ago and we were watching this football under Pulis we would all be screaming for him to go.

We know however the huge levels of talent Howe has so one idea is for him to recognise he needs a different voice with him. I just hope he realises this. I have a feeling he will go anyway in May which would be a massive shame.

The greatest manager the game has known targeted a young foreign coach when he thought his own ideas were a bit stale in European competition. It is not a nonsense idea.

I think you have gone on record in the past as saying we needed full back cover (apologies if this is not the case but go with it) you don’t have to name that full back for it to be a valid opinion.

I don’t know what coaches or retiring intelligent players that are out there. What I do see though is a team that is becoming increasingly tactically simple and players consistently not playing to what they are capable of. That’s a management issue. One option is to change the manager... if it wasn’t for his history that would be the logical conclusion as if Howe had left two years ago and we were watching this football under Pulis we would all be screaming for him to go.

We know however the huge levels of talent Howe has so one idea is for him to recognise he needs a different voice with him. I just hope he realises this. I have a feeling he will go anyway in May which would be a massive shame.

The greatest manager the game has known targeted a young foreign coach when he thought his own ideas were a bit stale in European competition. It is not a nonsense idea.

It's just lazy shorthand. Howe needs to improve and adapt. He may need new coaches but it is inconsequential to us laymen because none of us have the first clue what goes on behind the scenes or what his weaknesses are. Howe is ultimately responsible, no one else.

It's just lazy shorthand. Howe needs to improve and adapt. He may need new coaches but it is inconsequential to us laymen because none of us have the first clue what goes on behind the scenes or what his weaknesses are. Howe is ultimately responsible, no one else.

Someone suggests something that has been used at other clubs to great effect and you think it’s nonsense as it can’t be proved.

A whole thread of people claiming VAR cost us three points in a game where we conceded three goals.... in a season where we have serially capitulated away and that’s credible and needs no proof to you.

And you say it’s not about the person saying it...;)

;