Match Report and MOM v Everton

Where were you for the Hampshire Cup?? ;-)
Sat in the Saints Director's Box Rob. Someone did me a favour.Went from work so wearing a suit. They were all so very well behaved and polite I was the only one cheering at the end. Apparently the Bournemouth fans were kept in for 30 minutes but I was well on the way home (being local at the time) skipping the cups of tea etc and small talk.

Quite a night. Never offered a ticket again.

Sat in the Saints Director's Box Rob. Someone did me a favour.Went from work so wearing a suit. They were all so very well behaved and polite I was the only one cheering at the end. Apparently the Bournemouth fans were kept in for 30 minutes but I was well on the way home (being local at the time) skipping the cups of tea etc and small talk.

Quite a night. Never offered a ticket again.
They kept the fans in for 30 minutes for the Hampshire Cup? Thats ridiculous!

Mind you, it was their Cup Final! ;-)

Lots of comments on Cook(L), Billing and Lerma, nobody mentioned that one David Brooks, is close to fitness and will be in contention for a place soon.

Fraser and Wilson (H) likely to be subs quite often if those four are all fit and firing.

I fear it could be a while yet rgb, saw Brooks still wearing his protective boot a week ago and on crutches

Agree with others above,i think Solanke can be a target man type player who links play between midfield and striker whilst chipping in with the odd goal.
Totally agree he looks more comfortable in that ten slot than King.

This (and somebody sat next to me yesterday, who shall remain nameless, suggested the same)

Am I wrong to think that if/when AFCB gets these players back, they are loaded? Or am I taking too much from one match?

Neil a little bit picky but we didn't beat Saints in 1987 it was a draw on the day we won the tie over 2 legs having won at home. A quick look at the records on the net and we don't ever seem to have won there at all although perhaps going back pre 1950's might prove otherwise. It would be nice to break the duck next Friday.
I don't think we have ever won away at Southampton.

Solanke was signed as a natural striker so it’s tempting to judge his performance as such. He’s not really playing a striker’s role so I think he should be judged on a slightly different skill set. Either way, based on today there is some room for improvement.

I felt in the 1st half, the gap between S. Cook and Aké was too big. I guess Lerma would usually be covering that space so I suppose it was one of those games where a bit of defensive uncertainty could be genuinely be attributed to “the way we play”.

I still think S. Cook is struggling for fitness. No one is going to question his bravery, but he still seems a little slow to react and at times a bit cumbersome. It was good to see Rico put in such a strong 2nd half. He needs to maintain that level now.

I was really impressed by how King reacted to getting shunted out wide and Fraser being dropped. They were the difference makers after the break and like Rico, we need to see that level consistently now.
Loved Rico fizzing corners in. Get so pissed off with our usual load of corners not beating the first man.

I would be tempted to give The Wee man the MOM award. This is based on the fact that he was actually a game changer when he came on. The start of the second half we were struggling a little bit and the change gave us width and pace that the opposition couldn't cope with. Add that to a goal ....and he gets my vote. I take on board what people are saying about his body language and interviews but if you watch the AFCBTV clip ..... in think its called tunnelcam ....there is nothing to suggest a bad affect towards the club especially when he meets the chairman.

I would be tempted to give The Wee man the MOM award. This is based on the fact that he was actually a game changer when he came on. The start of the second half we were struggling a little bit and the change gave us width and pace that the opposition couldn't cope with. Add that to a goal ....and he gets my vote. I take on board what people are saying about his body language and interviews but if you watch the AFCBTV clip ..... in think its called tunnelcam ....there is nothing to suggest a bad affect towards the club especially when he meets the chairman.

He was good obviously but he did also nearly cost us a goal at the other end remember.....a strange header across goal that was latched upon!

He was good obviously but he did also nearly cost us a goal at the other end remember.....a strange header across goal that was latched upon!
Do not know what an earth he was doing there. Very lucky to get away with that and such a needless risk to take. Apart from that he was good though.

It was no worse than Rico's sloppy pass towards our penalty area which nearly gifted Everton the lead tbf.....:throw:

;