Match Report and MOM v Leicester

There are two key differences. It’s the first time I’ve seen us play wing backs that were wing backs not full backs. It’s also the first time we have done that and played a genuine number ten to link it all together.
We have played Stan and Wee man as wing backs before tbf.....

Good question! Did you notice that when Dom went through to score his second, who was on the penalty spot ready for a tap in? Stacey!
He was playing as a proper wing back. Remember Contes Chelsea team here with Alonso and Moses in our box constantly. That’s a wingback and that’s what we saw from Stan and Stacey yesterday to great effect.

What is interesting is tha

Ironically our comeback came with Rico playing out of position....left of a back 3.......he had a terrible first half at LB tbf.
Also i think his strength is in defending........i dont think he has a creative bone in him tbh.

I think everyone had a poor first half, and Rico actually played some nice forward passes during the second. But then I do seem to be turning into Rico's number 1 fanboy so who knows...

I think everyone had a poor first half, and Rico actually played some nice forward passes during the second. But then I do seem to be turning into Rico's number 1 fanboy so who knows...
I think some people (like TopFarrier) pounce on the couple times a half when he gives the ball away because they are waiting for it. Adam Smith also gives the ball away a lot as does Lloyd Kelly but they are not flavour of the month to discuss negatively.

There is no surprise in the fact most of our best performances this season (and all of our clean sheets) have featured Rico. If his surname was Rice and he had cost 50k ten years ago TopFarrier would love him.

The formation change was key to changing the game yesterday, with Brooks as a number 10 for the first time this season we had a player who was comfortable picking up space between the lines and as a result were able to play our way up the pitch. Need to stick with that system it suits our style.

I think some people (like TopFarrier) pounce on the couple times a half when he gives the ball away because they are waiting for it. Adam Smith also gives the ball away a lot as does Lloyd Kelly but they are not flavour of the month to discuss negatively.

There is no surprise in the fact most of our best performances this season (and all of our clean sheets) have featured Rico. If his surname was Rice and he had cost 50k ten years ago TopFarrier would love him.
True, Smith has done nothing all season yet nobody says a peep. Rico misplaces a few passes and people can’t wait to jump on his back. Defensively he’s easily our best full back and although his passing can be erratic this is because he actually tries to take risks and play the ball forward.

Versatile as well. I don't know why people think he'll leave if we go down but he would be a great asset in the Championship so it would be a shame.

Versatile as well. I don't know why people think he'll leave if we go down but he would be a great asset in the Championship so it would be a shame.
Have heard from a few people that he is home sick, has a young disabled brother too which I imagine doesn’t help matters. Unfortunately if he got an offer from Spain I think he’d jump at the chance, especially when the alternative is not even Prem football.

In these last games we could hope that a player or two from the opponents has a grudge thing with Watford or West Ham I.e bad injury etc. and would be inclined to make an ' error' in our favour...
...don't laugh .. had this explained to me by a retired ex- Boscombe player some years back, an International too....he'd had a few beers but was quite adamant that he had known this to happen if clubs had not much at stake.

There are dodgy people in all Sports !

I wouldn't normally condone that type of thing....but just this once in a Silly Season!

The formation change was key to changing the game yesterday, with Brooks as a number 10 for the first time this season we had a player who was comfortable picking up space between the lines and as a result were able to play our way up the pitch. Need to stick with that system it suits our style.

Although I like Brooks more central I think the key to the upturn in our fortunes was luck and confidence. We had improved after half time but were gifted a goal then scored a long ball flick-on. Then it looked like the weight if the world had been lifted from them.

Reactions: DJ
In these last games we could hope that a player or two from the opponents has a grudge thing with Watford or West Ham I.e bad injury etc. and would be inclined to make an ' error' in our favour...
...don't laugh .. had this explained to me by a retired ex- Boscombe player some years back, an International too....he'd had a few beers but was quite adamant that he had known this to happen if clubs had not much at stake.

There are dodgy people in all Sports !

I wouldn't normally condone that type of thing....but just this once in a Silly Season!
It was noticeable that the ex West Ham players in the Palace team didnt put much effort in on Saturday

I don't get the criticism of Smith.....I think he is one of the key reasons we stayed for so long in this Div....he always seems up for it, animated, often angry and menacing.. ..
buggered if I can see that with Wilson or L.Cook.

There’s something about Smith that just comes across a bit casual to me. He’s always been guilty of a few cheap free kicks and I’ve seen him on a few occasions think a ball is going out for a throw or goal kick and nearly get caught out. While the handball at Burnley was extremely harsh, I’ve noticed compared to other players he takes a few more risks in not hiding his arms and allowing the ref to make a decision.

Of course this is just my perception and I might be wrong. There are a lot of positives he brings to the side too when on form.

Think it’s quite simple, Smith gets criticised because he’s been very poor this season. All over the shop defensively and offered very little going forward, seems to like picking up the ball in the penalty area too

;