Match Report and MOM v Leicester

In these last games we could hope that a player or two from the opponents has a grudge thing with Watford or West Ham I.e bad injury etc. and would be inclined to make an ' error' in our favour...
...don't laugh .. had this explained to me by a retired ex- Boscombe player some years back, an International too....he'd had a few beers but was quite adamant that he had known this to happen if clubs had not much at stake.

There are dodgy people in all Sports !

I wouldn't normally condone that type of thing....but just this once in a Silly Season!

Maybe....

Not saying you're wrong, but in his defence, the freekick he took to the chest/stomach against Spurs was a brave one. Could have easily but his arms up, or turned away, but took it full on.

I like Smithy too but play him on the right for goodness sake. Healthy competition between him and Stacey too. With two of them, you can rotate. Stacey is the more skillful I think but Smithy is a grafter and makes those great runs. Also, I think Stacey is an option for midfield as he played there for Luton I believe.

Although I like Brooks more central I think the key to the upturn in our fortunes was luck and confidence. We had improved after half time but were gifted a goal then scored a long ball flick-on. Then it looked like the weight if the world had been lifted from them.

Some luck with a lot of Stan and then the others became infected with Stan's self belief.

Stan has been excellent since he came back. Can't deny his injury record but he's been massive for us in key periods.
Very true. In previous sticky periods his return from injury has led to an immediate upturn in our fortunes. A few times our performances also fell off as soon as he got injured and could no longer play. He certainly seems to be the magic ingredient for our team. I guess it's his work rate and creativity we miss when he's out injured.

You can't theorise too much about a game like Leicester..circumstances threw it around a bit...... Ake off... Scmeichals error.. own goal ...drinks breaks...no crowd...Solanke's Woke. Rico selected !
I doubt it was much to do with Brooks position or any tactical stuff from either side...although Brooks at 10 is a No brainer generally.
The result could easily have gone 4 -1 to Leicester early on ..or 6 -1 to Boscombe late on.
The Man City game could easily end 2-2 or 2-3 to us if they make enough changes.
If not ..its another 5-2 er ?

Virus Closed Door Football.

City minds on Euro stuff now ? PL shot and shut.

Very true. In previous sticky periods his return from injury has led to an immediate upturn in our fortunes. A few times our performances also fell off as soon as he got injured and could no longer play. He certainly seems to be the magic ingredient for our team. I guess it's his work rate and creativity we miss when he's out injured.

I recall Stan being the only difference between two very average performing sides when we played Brentford at home as the opener of the Championship promotion season.

'Twas all playing out to be a 0-0 when Stan came on for either Ritchie or Pugh and scored the only goal of the match.

Stan could be vital tonight as starter or sub.

Thank you to anyone who indulges me on this bump.

Due to my boy already being in reminiscing mode of watching more enjoyable games of years gone by (he’s four)... we watched MOTD for this game today (plus the Villa game...beating Crystal Palace due to VAR ruling out a Palace goal...)

The outfield starting XI included just Ake and Wilson who didn’t start the season with us. Ake of course goes off on 40 minutes and by full time both Gosling and Wilson had been subbed and so all the outfield players at the final whistle after beating Leicester 4-1 are still at the club today.

Of course, it wasn’t exactly a swashbuckling performance of days gone by, it also included a lot of luck. But even still, at our most definitely not Premier League best, despite the same players, it was still so much quicker than what we’ve seen over the past month or so.

Felt like a lifetime ago...

Eddie at his worst, looking bedraggled, pounded into the ground and yet still better than what we’ve had or could attract since.
An amazing second half turnaround- but I’ll always think of the camera panning to the players sat watching in the stand - not a smile amongst them , all trying to avoid having to talk to each other - nothing to show they were buzzing at the score and the lifeline we had been given .....

Thank you to anyone who indulges me on this bump.

Due to my boy already being in reminiscing mode of watching more enjoyable games of years gone by (he’s four)... we watched MOTD for this game today (plus the Villa game...beating Crystal Palace due to VAR ruling out a Palace goal...)

The outfield starting XI included just Ake and Wilson who didn’t start the season with us. Ake of course goes off on 40 minutes and by full time both Gosling and Wilson had been subbed and so all the outfield players at the final whistle after beating Leicester 4-1 are still at the club today.

Of course, it wasn’t exactly a swashbuckling performance of days gone by, it also included a lot of luck. But even still, at our most definitely not Premier League best, despite the same players, it was still so much quicker than what we’ve seen over the past month or so.

Felt like a lifetime ago...
No comment other than generous and genuine applause for always trying be positive :clap:

;