Match Report and MOM v Naarwich

Anyone comparing anything we've done this season or last to Tony Pulis reign at this club is laughable.

I rate Watford and Norwich's squads as better than ours this season. The first 11s are fairly even but the depth of squads for them is stronger.
Certainly Watford's squad looks crazy for this level. They can only get 11 out onto the pitch at a time mind, but if they can keep everyone happy, they could rotate half a side or more very game and look constantly very strong.

Anyone comparing anything we've done this season or last to Tony Pulis reign at this club is laughable.

I rate Watford and Norwich's squads as better than ours this season. The first 11s are fairly even but the depth of squads for them is stronger.
So there is no better team in your opinion. I agree.

If injuries hit and we go down into the squad then I’ve always said that position would need to be revised. I don’t think Norwich are as strong as you think though, particularly if they lose Buendia and Cantwell

So there is no better team in your opinion. I agree.

If injuries hit and we go down into the squad then I’ve always said that position would need to be revised. I don’t think Norwich are as strong as you think though, particularly if they lose Buendia and Cantwell

You said we had the best squad and now it's the best team?

Best squad of 11 players.

We have no depth as we've lost 10 from last season.

Exciting new loanee to add soon.

Woop woop.

You said we had the best squad and now it's the best team?
I’m agreeing with him it’s the best team (I do understand agreeing with people on a message board is a foreign concept to you so you might not get it ) I also think it’s the best squad but he doesn’t. However a load of injuries could cause a change on that opinion.

I thought we were weak in forward areas (assuming King goes) but today's signing is very encouraging. Our wingers are injury prone so although a good 11 on paper still a worry. Hopefully Begovic will get back to his best form and prove that we are strong there too.

I personally don't buy this backwards way of looking at squad strengths. They may be the strongest they may not, we'll find out. All of our so called best ever squad players suffered from poor form and deserved to get relegated last season. We've since lost some of the better ones so declaring that those left are "the best squad in the Championship" TM is backwards logic.

I’m agreeing with him it’s the best team (I do understand agreeing with people on a message board is a foreign concept to you so you might not get it ) I also think it’s the best squad but he doesn’t. However a load of injuries could cause a change on that opinion.

so you now agree it was the injuries that sunk us last season.....and not the lack of that crucial 4-3-3 formation
#roadtodamascusmoment :slap:

and you need to get yourself over to the sky blues forum, and sharpish
they don't rate our team or squad one little bit and need putting straight, pronto

so you now agree it was the injuries that sunk us last season.....and not the lack of that crucial 4-3-3 formation
#roadtodamascusmoment :slap:

and you need to get yourself over to the sky blues forum, and sharpish
they don't rate our team or squad one little bit and need putting straight, pronto
Everybody knows injuries didn’t help last year. However the teams we put out were good enough to play better than they did, some of which was a tactical issue... Particularly the switch to counter attacking football and refusal to look at a front three or a number ten. Those games v Watford and Norwich earlier in the season were dismal and the team we picked was capable of a lot more

cool, but how are you getting on convincing those naughty sky blues how damn fine our current squad is?
I think that they are quite respectful tbh.....apart from one chap who seems to think all our players are trying to force a move!.....he must be privy to the same 'word on the street' as the now very quiet fire sale crew on here.....tbf to the Coventry fans they're all still filled with the optimism a promotion brings....we all know how that feels.....anyway we'll soon knock that out of them

As for our players... i'm absolutely mystified how anyone can seriously doubt that we have the best squad in the league ......I mean what are the chances that myself and Neil would agree on ....well on anything... only for both of us to be wrong!!!

Highly unlikely imo.

I think Watford as it currently stands have easily the best squad in the league, but we aren’t far behind.

I thought we were weak in forward areas (assuming King goes) but today's signing is very encouraging. Our wingers are injury prone so although a good 11 on paper still a worry. Hopefully Begovic will get back to his best form and prove that we are strong there too.

I personally don't buy this backwards way of looking at squad strengths. They may be the strongest they may not, we'll find out. All of our so called best ever squad players suffered from poor form and deserved to get relegated last season. We've since lost some of the better ones so declaring that those left are "the best squad in the Championship" TM is backwards logic.

I agree. Watford had 11 first team players out v Boro and won. We would be fielding several kids with virtually no first team experience in a similar scenario.

We currently have an out of form Begovic or rookie Travers in goal, with 2 unproven strikers who have scored a grand total of 5 Championship and 3 Premier League goals between them, so there are definitely unknowns there.

However on the flip side no other team can field the quality of Brooks and Danjuma plus Stan when fit (with Rodders an unknown performer to be added). Between them goals should be plentiful. The only comparable player to Danjuma and Brooks I can think of is Deuolfeu, who has been injured for the best part of the year.

Backed up with strong starting centre backs, wing backs and midfielders for Championship football, on balance the starting 11 is probably the best but depth-wise Watford have more than us in my opinion meaning a few injuries and our lack of squad will bite. I think they could carry more injuries than us through the season.

;