Match Report and moM v Newcastle

Lerma’s header was flagged offside. I was impressed with Solanke’s ability to hold the ball up. I was very angry at Boruc for the free kick that went straight out for a Newcastle goal kick at the death. Had he found Solanke or King we could have hung on to win that game.

Last edited:
You might be right. I can only see it from angle I saw it and I was kind of behind it. It looked to me like he tried to foul him, the lad stayed on his feet and then he clipped him again. In the Fletch stand it may well have looked differently. MOTD will show all angles.
From my position directly behind the runner it ‘felt’ like he dived, he seemed to make an unnatural fall forward. Ironically the earlier clip by Ibe did look a foul. But all this was from 80-90 yards away in the south stand so can’t be sure. Will watch MOTD with interest.

From my position directly behind the runner it ‘felt’ like he dived, he seemed to make an unnatural fall forward. Ironically the earlier clip by Ibe did look a foul. But all this was from 80-90 yards away in the south stand so can’t be sure. Will watch MOTD with interest.
I tracked them from when Almeiron picked up the ball, they were coming directly toward me, I got a load of shots fired off. Ibe was catching him up and eventually got his his foot in front and played the ball. Almeiron went down for no reason. Here is the shot just before Ibe got in front of him, no ankle tapping here, no ankle tapping here. I'm shooting 14 frames per second, so it was a nano second before

Attachments

• FIM_Bournemouth_v_Newcastle_SC_160319_032.JPG
    FIM_Bournemouth_v_Newcastle_SC_160319_032.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Surman has done his calf in training this week. Arrived at the ground on crutches. Looks like he's using Steve Cook's who is now walking ok!

You might be right. I can only see it from angle I saw it and I was kind of behind it. It looked to me like he tried to foul him, the lad stayed on his feet and then he clipped him again. In the Fletch stand it may well have looked differently. MOTD will show all angles.

We need Druss the bellend to say what Ibe done or didn't do. He would have followed Ibe's every move.

Awww look mum, I can call people names.

Thanks for the report Neil very much appreciated.

In no particular order from where I was sitting; it took us ages to to come to terms with the wind in the first half, the number of passes(?) that were overhit was frightening.

I was concerned about Charlie he doesn't seem any longer to have the speed of thought that is needed in this division, indeed I thought on occasions he was slow and he has started to wiggle his hands a la Francis which I find frustrating. Regrettably I think his time with us will not be that much longer.

Thought Ibe had a goodish game and his decision making has improved - except for the back heeled flicks those didn't work – can't say the same for Clyne, if he is going to play the half back his passing has to improve.

King was immense, so much admiration for him and I was impressed with Solanke, really good feet and one of the high balls he took and controlled instantly was a pleasure to watch. His work in the penalty area prior to King's second goal was really impressive.

With the nature of the match today, in midfield we so needed the likes of a Cook the younger or a Wilshere. Low centre of gravity and difficult to move off the ball rather than the willowy Brooks. Both Brooks and the Wee Man were targeted and taken out and if someone like Lerma is a marked man for a yellow then equally refs should look after creative players.

Call me a lunatic but I think we are within a hair's breadth of being a really good team. We have the attack and with the likes of Mepham who is growing into this league by the minute, we potentially have the defence. Our midfield is the conundrum that hasn't been solved yet, we need a general.

Thanks for the report Neil very much appreciated.

In no particular order from where I was sitting; it took us ages to to come to terms with the wind in the first half, the number of passes(?) that were overhit was frightening.

I was concerned about Charlie he doesn't seem any longer to have the speed of thought that is needed in this division, indeed I thought on occasions he was slow and he has started to wiggle his hands a la Francis which I find frustrating. Regrettably I think his time with us will not be that much longer.

Thought Ibe had a goodish game and his decision making has improved - except for the back heeled flicks those didn't work – can't say the same for Clyne, if he is going to play the half back his passing has to improve.

King was immense, so much admiration for him and I was impressed with Solanke, really good feet and one of the high balls he took and controlled instantly was a pleasure to watch. His work in the penalty area prior to King's second goal was really impressive.

With the nature of the match today, in midfield we so needed the likes of a Cook the younger or a Wilshere. Low centre of gravity and difficult to move off the ball rather than the willowy Brooks. Both Brooks and the Wee Man were targeted and taken out and if someone like Lerma is a marked man for a yellow then equally refs should look after creative players.

Call me a lunatic but I think we are within a hair's breadth of being a really good team. We have the attack and with the likes of Mepham who is growing into this league by the minute, we potentially have the defence. Our midfield is the conundrum that hasn't been solved yet, we need a general.

Totally agree about the midfield. We started the season with Lerma, Cook and Arter capable of running the show at this level but in the case of the last two the former intermittently and the latter not for awhile. Surman and Gosling offering as good a back up a club of our stature could hope for.

We lost Arter and Cook got injured meaning Jeff, a walking suspension, played the season out with constant back up around him and a twenty game poor run has not surprisingly followed.

This and full backs remain the priorities just as they did last summer.

I think he would have taken him off if we had anyone else to play in central midfield

We assumed that he was going to replace Brooks with Taylor as Eddie clearly shouted for him to stop warming up and return to the dugout just seconds before the Newcastle goal from our corner.

AND for the four millionth time...Wherefore art thou...Emerson Hyndman ?

Fair report as always Neil, I disagree on a couple of points, but just my opinion. Re Boruc for the first goal it was past him before he could get his arm out, no chance of saving it, pace and dip - a great free kick.

Not a red for Lerma, a definite yellow, but not out of control or reckless.

Agree about Clyne, didn't look like he wanted to be out there. The team misses a lot of energy when Adam Smith is injured.

I know we are a bit thin on bench and going one up we were always going to be more defensive towards end of game why rico wasn`t bought on to make 5 at the back.

Reactions: drd

;