match thread

AFC Bournemouth ?@afcbournemouth 1h1 hour ago
CHERRIES XI to face @MNUnitedFC: Boruc, MacDonald, S. Cook, Butcher, Daniels, Arter, L. Cook, Ibe, Pugh, Mousset, Wilson. #afcb #MNUvBOU

the second goal is INCREDIBLE, think it will feature on twitter heavily tmrw.....

It's exactly what I would thought it would be. Their player goes in hard on Maxi, because of his injury over reacts and gets himself in trouble by the sounds of it. Hopefully that's out of his system now before the season starts!

Great own goal clip. http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/20/united-fc-falls-4-0-to-bournemouth-in-international-friendly-match/

Something tells me that own goal clip is going to be used on blooper shows for years to come.

Feel for the lad tbh.

Perhaps we can get Snooty to get him transferred to Saints?

By the way, I bloody love that new kit :35:

Thanks for posting the highlights. Is there much to be gleaned from them considering the opposition?

Ibe goes past players for fun. A step up in quality even on Maxi Gradel.

Shaun Mac played at RB. A new role for him to keep him at the club? Always been a good tackler...

Lys Mousset looks strong. Miscontrolled a couple of chances?

Eunan O'Kane caught out and looking to potentially be struggling in a couple of clips. Worrying given the opposition (traditionally a fan of his before anyone starts having a go).

Grabban scored. £7m per goal so far...

I don't think we could have hoped for much more? A good performance, though some decent chances for them, too. That through ball that their forward ran on to and put wide was a worry.

Great to see us back, though. Excitement for the new season is ramping up again!

Seemed like a relatively easy game to be honest... Form the highlights real, we showed glimpses of being quite good, but first game and all that... Need to step it up now and keep winning...

The friendlies on home soil will be more of a test and more important...

See the Motherwell/Iceland chart is already on show... (shakes head)

The only question to come out of this for me is as that was an official friendly, does Max now have to serve a ban ?

I'm pretty sure you fdo now. Can anyone absolutely confirm ?

Not sure if this is still the valid document as it's 2011 but its the one on the FIFA site so I'll take it as current. It states he would be banned for our next friendly:

Section 38 - http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/50/02/75/discoinhalte.pdf

"Match suspensions in relation to an expulsion pronounced on a player outside of a competition (separate match[es]) or not served during the 25 FIRST TITLE. SUBSTANTIVE LAW
CHAPTER I. GENERAL PART
competition for which they were intended (elimination or the last match in the
competition) are carried over as follows

g) friendly matches: carried over to the representative team’s next friendly
match."

;