Max Aarons

That’s total injuries. I’m talking about recent signings. Adam’s… we are in mid March and seen him for fifteen mins. Scott…didn’t see him for ages…Aaron’s.. disapeared off face of earth…Kerkez was out for a stint… Sinisterra signed unfit and hardly starts… Unal signed off back of an ACL.

It’s not the best indictment is it. Hoping Franno will bring a bit more professionalism
That’s a little bit disingenuous isn’t it?

Adams- yes you have a point with that one.

Scott- picked up an unavoidable impact injury.

Aarons- has barely missed a game over the past four years before signing for us, the only data you can use to predict the future is the past unless you expect Hughes to see into the future?

Kerkez- was injured for a bit yeh, as will every player be at some point. So what? Bit harsh to expect Hughes to sign players immune from injury.

Sinisterra- didn’t sign unfit, he’d been playing for Leeds in the championship. He barely starts because the manager chooses not to, despite the fact he nearly always looks good when he plays.

Unal- we were only able to get due to his injury situation. He is a regular la liga goal scorer in his prime who we have the option to sign for 14m. He’s had one big injury in his career, an ACL which can happen to any player. Up until that point he’s played regularly wherever he’s been. He’s had limited minutes so far but looked very promising.

You make some good points but you ruin your argument when you try to twist everything to prove a point like this. Maybe it’s not black and white? Maybe we’ve signed some good ones and some duds. Maybe Hughes isn’t totally incompetent but he’s also not a world beater either? Made a few mistakes but also got quite a bit right along the way too. Just a thought.

That’s a little bit disingenuous isn’t it?

Adams- yes you have a point with that one.

Scott- picked up an unavoidable impact injury.

Aarons- has barely missed a game over the past four years before signing for us, the only data you can use to predict the future is the past unless you expect Hughes to see into the future?

Kerkez- was injured for a bit yeh, as will every player be at some point. So what? Bit harsh to expect Hughes to sign players immune from injury.

Sinisterra- didn’t sign unfit, he’d been playing for Leeds in the championship. He barely starts because the manager chooses not to, despite the fact he nearly always looks good when he plays.

Unal- we were only able to get due to his injury situation. He is a regular la liga goal scorer in his prime who we have the option to sign for 14m. He’s had one big injury in his career, an ACL which can happen to any player. Up until that point he’s played regularly wherever he’s been. He’s had limited minutes so far but looked very promising.

You make some good points but you ruin your argument when you try to twist everything to prove a point like this. Maybe it’s not black and white? Maybe we’ve signed some good ones and some duds. Maybe Hughes isn’t totally incompetent but he’s also not a world beater either? Made a few mistakes but also got quite a bit right along the way too. Just a thought.

He moans about spending too much on players and also moans when we sign someone like Unal for a fraction of his market value due to his ACL issue. I think Neil lives in cloud cuckoo land where the normal bounds of reality don't exist.

That’s total injuries. I’m talking about recent signings. Adam’s… we are in mid March and seen him for fifteen mins. Scott…didn’t see him for ages…Aaron’s.. disapeared off face of earth…Kerkez was out for a stint… Sinisterra signed unfit and hardly starts… Unal signed off back of an ACL.

It’s not the best indictment is it. Hoping Franno will bring a bit more professionalism
It's called professional football.

Happens at every club.

Unless you have a magic formula that keeps 25 athletes perfectly healthy and at full fitness?
We know that you have an expert fitness source which means you have a greater knowledge of this than anyone else, but maybe you could share with us (maybe confidentially so that no other club finds out) what it is you know has to be done to ensure a perfect squad, that never has injuries, has never had injuries, and never will have injuries?

He moans about spending too much on players and also moans when we sign someone like Unal for a fraction of his market value due to his ACL issue. I think Neil lives in cloud cuckoo land where the normal bounds of reality don't exist.
He hasn’t even got an ACL issue to be fair. He had an ACL injury which he recovered from. As far as I’m aware it’s not an injury that can reoccur

I would call an ACL injury and issue tbf but thats not really the important part of the point.
Well none of the discussion on this board is important really, if I’m being pedantic. I don’t see how Unal’s ACL is any more of an issue than any of our other players who have picked up an injury in the past, which they all have.

I don't think anyone can argue that we not THE most injury prone club between the North and South poles..and stretching East and West.
Why not see it for what it is...I mean Christ it's only a matter of time before Foley and Andoni start limping...
You know..I credit myself for not actually being the raving nutjob that comes across...because I'm prepared to see the evidential reality....and now we've got this watering pitch in February/ March bollux rearing it's head and raping our points gathering potential....or it's spraying heads are, more like...

Anyway where are we ...where were we ?
Oh yes the Treatment Tables.....Vis a vis ...they are stacked vertical now to save space, all occupied, like the crosses in Life of Brian....the incumbent ' Injurati ' turning a shade of puce if anyone mentions ' training pitch' or 'bench'.
" Oim not ready yet....26-27 bud..see me agent ! "

Well none of the discussion on this board is important really, if I’m being pedantic. I don’t see how Unal’s ACL is any more of an issue than any of our other players who have picked up an injury in the past, which they all have.

Are you really wanting to argue about what the word issue means? Replace the word issue with the word injury if you like, the important point is that ACL issue/injury meant that he was a fraction of the cost he otherwise would have been.

Are you really wanting to argue about what the word issue means? Replace the word issue with the word injury if you like, the important point is that ACL issue/injury meant that he was a fraction of the cost he otherwise would have been.
In the spirit of being pedantic ;)

You said “I would call an ACL injury an issue”. To be fair, how else is that supposed to be taken on an initial read? If you meant “an ACL injury is an injury”; then I agree! It certainly is. It’s not really an issue at all for the wider point of getting him on the cheap, if anything, it’s the opposite of an issue. It’s moreso a risk.

If you meant it as “the injury is a factor that would scare others off, allowing us to get him cheaper”, then yeah, it’s a great point and a pretty obvious point. I don’t think there’s anyone on here (hopefully) that would sincerely argue against that being good business.

In the spirit of being pedantic ;)

You said “I would call an ACL injury an issue”. To be fair, how else is that supposed to be taken on an initial read? If you meant “an ACL injury is an injury”; then I agree! It certainly is. It’s not really an issue at all for the wider point of getting him on the cheap, if anything, it’s the opposite of an issue. It’s moreso a risk.

If you meant it as “the injury is a factor that would scare others off, allowing us to get him cheaper”, then yeah, it’s a great point and a pretty obvious point. I don’t think there’s anyone on here (hopefully) that would sincerely argue against that being good business.

Does the word issue mean something different on this board or something? And I'm apparently the one looking for an argument at every turn. For clarity I was using the word issue in it's normal English language context... any important topic or problem for debate or discussion...

If it important enough to slash the cost of the player and scrare others off it certainly qualifies as an issue.

We didn't have these problems back in the day when Football was Football...before the £√cking 'athletes' and their £ucking 'agents' turned up.
They even smoked things and drank beer by the flagon and wagon ...better bloody entertainment though...you even had players like Greaves and Bowles having conversations with the crowd during games....£ucking hell..dya actually £√cking know what I mean ?
Entertainers..and great skills too !

Jaaaah....it's all gone tits up !

We didn't have these problems back in the day when Football was Football...before the £√cking 'athletes' and their £ucking 'agents' turned up.
They even smoked things and drank beer by the flagon and wagon ...better bloody entertainment though...you even had players like Greaves and Bowles having conversations with the crowd during games....£ucking hell..dya actually £√cking know what I mean ?

I always loved the reaction of the opposition goalkeepers when the old south stand would clap as they approach the goal. Keepers can be real characters.

I saw Ramsdale yesterday cup his hand to his ears when Arsenal got the second. It’s kind of in the spirit of giving something to the entertainent

Does the word issue mean something different on this board or something? And I'm apparently the one looking for an argument at every turn. For clarity I was using the word issue in it's normal English language context... any important topic or problem for debate or discussion...

If it important enough to slash the cost of the player and scrare others off it certainly qualifies as an issue.

It was a good natured post.

I added more that was not good natured, so I deleted it lol.

I’m talking about signings which support my agenda lol

I don't think anyone can argue that we not THE most injury prone club between the North and South poles..and stretching East and West.
Why not see it for what it is...I mean Christ it's only a matter of time before Foley and Andoni start limping...
You know..I credit myself for not actually being the raving nutjob that comes across...because I'm prepared to see the evidential reality....and now we've got this watering pitch in February/ March bollux rearing it's head and raping our points gathering potential....or it's spraying heads are, more like...

Anyway where are we ...where were we ?
Oh yes the Treatment Tables.....Vis a vis ...they are stacked vertical now to save space, all occupied, like the crosses in Life of Brian....the incumbent ' Injurati ' turning a shade of puce if anyone mentions ' training pitch' or 'bench'.
" Oim not ready yet....26-27 bud..see me agent ! "
Do you actually read anyone else’s posts?

In brief, as you’ve obviously missed it:

1. We are not the team with the most injuries
2. Pitches drain well, watering done prior to game to make ball skim better across surface, most if not all teams do it, not just us

Why do you do nothing but complain about AFCB?

I’m talking about signings which support my agenda lol
No I’m talking about recent signings.

In the summer we’ve spent 115m on Aaron’s, Kerkez, Scott, Sinisterra, Faivre and Adams.

We haven’t had them on the pitch much. Collectively they’ve started 39 games out of 145. They haven’t exactly added 115m worth of value…

;