Max Aarons

The only thing I find odd that if he was who we expected to get in at rb why did we leave it till mid midical at Leeds before going for it?
Wondering if we've missed Fresneda.
Thoguh I guess at 7m he could be backup a rival....
A signing with promise....

Apparently Jack Stacey overlapped more in one game than Aaron’s did in 10 or something.
Well I could have overlapped all day in my 20’s but I was still rubbish.
Could well be the tactics employed by different managers that have the real bearing there!

Old article gives some information on the player.

Daniel Farke likes to take risks. In Norwich’s first season back in the Premier League, when avoiding relegation was their priority, he dared his players to play bold football, building from the back under pressure and retaining the ball regardless. That approach didn't always bring reward, of course – Norwich made an immediate return to the Championship – but outside of the traditional big six, only Leicester and Brighton recorded a higher average possession share, so Farke will at least always know that his team stuck to their principles.

If that wasn’t brave enough, Farke approached Norwich’s return to the Premier League with an inexperienced defence. Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis, at 22, both proved themselves at that level, and at 20, Max Aarons emerged as one of the division's most exciting talents. "I wouldn't sell Max Aarons, not for £100m, because he's too important for us, but that's quite normal," Farke said of a right-back expected to one day compete with Trent Alexander Arnold, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Reece James for selection for England.

The step up to a bigger team makes perfect sense for Aarons given how comfortable he is on the ball. He plays a crucial role in how Norwich play out from the back, having started more Premier League matches than any other Norwich outfielder in 2019/20, and alongside goalkeeper Tim Krul their joint-highest with 36.

Despite his youth, he keeps a cool head when on the ball, receiving passes on the half-turn so that he is ready to progress play up the wing. He is constantly aware of what is around him and will rarely be rushed into an aimless clearance or, even more infrequently, a mistake.

Surprised he would leave Norwich just to sign for another champ side before we pounced. Thought a good option for other prem squads for teams around us if he is any good?

Old article gives some information on the player.

Daniel Farke likes to take risks. In Norwich’s first season back in the Premier League, when avoiding relegation was their priority, he dared his players to play bold football, building from the back under pressure and retaining the ball regardless. That approach didn't always bring reward, of course – Norwich made an immediate return to the Championship – but outside of the traditional big six, only Leicester and Brighton recorded a higher average possession share, so Farke will at least always know that his team stuck to their principles.

If that wasn’t brave enough, Farke approached Norwich’s return to the Premier League with an inexperienced defence. Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis, at 22, both proved themselves at that level, and at 20, Max Aarons emerged as one of the division's most exciting talents. "I wouldn't sell Max Aarons, not for £100m, because he's too important for us, but that's quite normal," Farke said of a right-back expected to one day compete with Trent Alexander Arnold, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Reece James for selection for England.

The step up to a bigger team makes perfect sense for Aarons given how comfortable he is on the ball. He plays a crucial role in how Norwich play out from the back, having started more Premier League matches than any other Norwich outfielder in 2019/20, and alongside goalkeeper Tim Krul their joint-highest with 36.

Despite his youth, he keeps a cool head when on the ball, receiving passes on the half-turn so that he is ready to progress play up the wing. He is constantly aware of what is around him and will rarely be rushed into an aimless clearance or, even more infrequently, a mistake.

“Too often let down by his final ball”…sounds more like jack Stacey

Just in time for Saturday "Come on you Aarons" : )
Highly unlikely that he will start on Saturday. He would not have trained with the squad and will not know anyone on the field to be effective. Furthermore, his transfer registration may not be complete before the weekend and the club still have to await the results of his medical.

Highly unlikely that he will start on Saturday. He would not have trained with the squad and will not know anyone on the field to be effective. Furthermore, his transfer registration may not be complete before the weekend and the club still have to await the results of his medical.

I can only see Smith starting a head of him... who knows if he's fit?

There's plenty of time to register him, there's no wait on results. Whether he plays given lack of time training with the team is another matter

;