Men's Health.

I was diagnosed with Type 2 a few years ago and it was very high,since then I've managed to bring it down below even borderline, and only by diet control , even then without really changing my diet.How the hell I managed that Lord knows.
Even then, I still have regular blood ,eyescreening and feet test using the prick test.
Apart from slight differences in my eyes ,everything seems normal,but that's me ,I am not textbook at all, when I have gone into hospital for various procedures we try telling the doctors that I'm not normal textbook but they don't listen. Then they say "well that's the first time that's happened" .
Often diet control is simply a matter of knowing the options. I love fruit, which contains natural sugars. But a denser fruit, like a papaya, has a lower sugar index than a banana. Worst one - watermelon, which is essentially just water and sugars.
Same with types of bread, etc.
Obviously have to stay away from the full-sugar pop. Orange juice is also high. But again, just a matter of choices and occasionally looking at a label.

Often diet control is simply a matter of knowing the options. I love fruit, which contains natural sugars. But a denser fruit, like a papaya, has a lower sugar index than a banana. Worst one - watermelon, which is essentially just water and sugars.
Same with types of bread, etc.
Obviously have to stay away from the full-sugar pop. Orange juice is also high. But again, just a matter of choices and occasionally looking at a label.
Diet control is great, but the other element is the ability to burn calories.

As for exercise, I am in Portugal for a month, after a 3 month winter of sitting on the couch and not going out so often, playing golf has become a strain a real strain. aching muscles and a bad back.
But each day you can feel yourself just getting a little stronger due to the extra movement. As you get older you really need to look after your body better.

As for exercise, I am in Portugal for a month, after a 3 month winter of sitting on the couch and not going out so often, playing golf has become a strain a real strain. aching muscles and a bad back.
But each day you can feel yourself just getting a little stronger due to the extra movement. As you get older you really need to look after your body better.
Luckily you're in a position to be a tourist and relax and recuperate

Not so many are in such a position.

To everyone involved in the men's health thread, if in doubt, give your doc a shout.

Health is of primary importance, and often neglected when in the younger years.

Catches up with us in our formative annus.

It must be sheer hell for you

Our future health.

I had a letter from the NHS yesterday inviting me to join the scheme and I also saw details about it at the Heart Club. A research programme to help everybody. All that is required initially is to answer some questions on your risk of some diseases including diabetes, heart disease and some cancers. Provide a blood sample and have your blood pressure and cholesterol levels measured at a local clinic.

Win win helps the individual and others so I will be signing up.

Our future health.

I had a letter from the NHS yesterday inviting me to join the scheme and I also saw details about it at the Heart Club. A research programme to help everybody. All that is required initially is to answer some questions on your risk of some diseases including diabetes, heart disease and some cancers. Provide a blood sample and have your blood pressure and cholesterol levels measured at a local clinic.

Yes, i signed up to this back in December . Definitely worth doing .

Sadly it didn't work out well for a friend of mine, he had the lung check and has terminal cancer no idea how long he's got, very sad

Our future health.

I did this earlier this week at the IRC and it is good to know the cholesterol figures, although you need to know the HDL and LDL and ratio not just the total cholesterol.

This is for anyone aged between 40 and 74.

Unfortunately, high blood pressure and diabetes is on the rise because we in the U.K. are anti-exercise and the fact that we consume too much junk-food despite being warned through various mediums not to do so.

Those who refuse to exercise and look after themselves will be the very same people who will expect free treatment on the NHS despite their condition being self inflicted. These sorts should be invoiced by the NHS before commencement of treatment. Perhaps this will make people take more responsibility for their own health.

Unfortunately, high blood pressure and diabetes is on the rise because we in the U.K. are anti-exercise and the fact that we consume too much junk-food despite being warned through various mediums not to do so.

Those who refuse to exercise and look after themselves will be the very same people who will expect free treatment on the NHS despite their condition being self inflicted. These sorts should be invoiced by the NHS before commencement of treatment. Perhaps this will make people take more responsibility for their own health.
Oh just **************** off.

This about people sharing advice and supporting each other. No one needs your pontificating on the nations health.

Oh just **************** off.

This about people sharing advice and supporting each other. No one needs your pontificating on the nations health.
So you are suggesting that my comment above is totally and utterly inaccurate and bears no truth whatsoever. Despite what I have said being covered on numerous T.V. documentaries and news bulletins.

So I do have some advice to share (as you have stated) i.e. take more exercise and stop consuming large amounts of junk food.

I bid you a good day.

There is no such thing as free treatment, what do you think you pay all your taxes for.

So you are suggesting that my comment above is totally and utterly inaccurate and bears no truth whatsoever. Despite what I have said being covered on numerous T.V. documentaries and news bulletins.

So I do have some advice to share (as you have stated) i.e. take more exercise and stop consuming large amounts of junk food.

I bid you a good day.
No I’m suggesting you **************** off.

For anyone in the local area this is a great initiative.

I must be the exception then fella, I don’t smoke, exercise every day.. drink red wine and eat a Mediterranean diet, type 2 diabetic..

;