Mind blown

He will be gutted. Loves Manchester and has a lot of mates there. Solskjaer his hero as a kid. Ferguson signed him. Massive club. Double wages.

Its their fault for turning to him so late... but.... let’s be honest you’d be gutted wouldn’t you?

I'm hoping he'll also understand our position that £20m is an insult and that coupled with the fact we had no replacement to come in at such a late moment meant the management had no option but to say no.
It depends what kind of person he is.
No player is bigger than any club.

More importantly imo, keeping Ake, yes I expect him to go in the summer, but at least we can hold out for the true market value

Only if we stay up - if we go down, clubs will know we need to sell and play hardball. Don't think we'd get more than £40m imho.

He will be gutted. Loves Manchester and has a lot of mates there. Solskjaer his hero as a kid. Ferguson signed him. Massive club. Double wages.

Its their fault for turning to him so late... but.... let’s be honest you’d be gutted wouldn’t you?
In his shoes I would probably be gutted as you say - not because we wouldn't let him go, but because Man Utd showed how much they really wanted him by leaving it until the very last day of the transfer window to make a bid for him.

Bringing in a player isn’t going to save our season . The existing squad and management working to their potential is what will rescue us from relegation .

I’m expecting to get seriously flamed for this but isn’t it a bit churlish of us to prevent this young man bettering his career. However strong a character he is it will always be in the back of his mind ‘what if’
Whether it affects his game will remain to be seen.

We weren't churlish. We didn't dismiss the move out of hand. It sounded like we were prepared to play ball if Man Utd made a reasonable bid despite the fact it would have been pretty disastrous for us.

Let's be honest, they were extracting the urine with a £20 million bid. You'd be lucky to get a young Championship striker with no PL appearances for that in the current market. Bowen to West Ham for example.

They were clearly hoping he'd agitate for the move and force our hand into accepting a derisory offer. Well done to JK for remaining professional. I suspect if they'd bid £40 million, although not his full worth, we'd probably have gone for it. However, they just wanted to use their 'prestige' to get someone in for not a lot.

If anyone has been churlish it's them. They've potentially upset a very important player to us with a miserly bid that was never going to succeed then walked away leaving us and Josh to try and get on with things.

**************** Man Utd.

Last edited:
We weren't churlish. We didn't dismiss the move out of hand. It sounded like we were prepared to play ball if Man Utd made a reasonable bid despite the fact it would have been pretty disastrous for us.

Let's be honest, they were extracting the urine with a £20 million bid. You'd be lucky to get a young Championship striker with no PL appearances for that in the current market. Bowen to West Ham for example.

They were clearly hoping he'd agitate for the move and force our hand into accepting a derisory offer. Well done to JK for remaining professional. I suspect if they'd bid £40 million, although not his full worth, we'd probably have gone for it. However, they just wanted to use their 'prestige' to get someone in for not a lot.

If anyone has been churlish it's them. They've potentially upset a very important player to us with a misery bid that was never going to succeed then walked away leaving us and Josh to try and get on with things.

**** Man Utd.
Like x100

If anyone has been churlish it's them. They've potentially upset a very important player to us with a miserly bid that was never going to succeed then walked away leaving us and Josh to try and get on with things.

**** Man Utd.
They only want cover

The Man United recruitment team have not got a clue. They have just signed a 25 year old skinny runt of a player for the best part of £50 million on a five and a half year contract. Bruno Fernandes won’t know what has hit him when he tries to compete in the PL. Believe me, he is going to be sh!t.

It is the fastest and roughest, toughest League in the world. Players who can score goals in it, and can operate in more than one position, merit a premium. £20 million for JK was a joke, and not a joke that was in good taste.

I’m expecting to get seriously flamed for this but isn’t it a bit churlish of us to prevent this young man bettering his career. However strong a character he is it will always be in the back of his mind ‘what if’
Whether it affects his game will remain to be seen.

No we were certainly not being churlish .We can’t just roll over and have our belly rubbed any time a big club comes calling with derisory offers for our best players .. as for what if ,we’re a PL team just like Manu not some minnow in league 2 . Players with a good attitude which I think King is will apply themselves to get in the big six shop window if that’s what they want ,not throw they’re toys out the Pram .

Bringing in a player isn’t going to save our season . The existing squad and management working to their potential is what will rescue us from relegation .
Exactly this. Yesterday’s performance and 60 mins v Brighton was the best this season and an antidote to the malady suffered the last few months. The squad have it within them and if they can continue like they did v Villa they’ll do well. No need for more faces.

;