MK Dons in league cup

We were dire .... short trip for me as I was working in Oxford at the time ...

Couple of very relevant things stick in the mind ...Franno had a mare - Remember thinking he was conference level at best (WTF did I know)

Scott Parker was there watching Harry- sat just in front of me...

Strange things happened not long after that game !!

Wes Thomas’s family were sat in front of us - they weren’t too impressed with some of the comments about him !

Ah Wes Thomas, physically he had everything and in flashes showed brilliance. But little consistency.

If I remember rightly his approach to shooting was simply to hit the ball as hard as he could. Sometimes it paid off with the relatively spectacular, but more often than not it cleared the stand…

You would of thought they would of been used to it .....;)

I’ve just realised I’m thinking of Oxford away in the league cup ! That was the first game of the season and we lost on pens …..

However , I did see Wes Thomas score to great goals at Mk Dons in a 2-2 draw when Bradders was in charge …

He had a real purple patch where he looked the business but then he just seemed to lose confidence/focus and went right off the boil …

Strangely enough that wasn't long after he'd signed a better contract with us : )

Wasn't he involved in an altercation on the coach back from Rotherham that season?

So just wondering how many people are risking this game with a potential COVID app ping meaning missing the start of the season?

;