MK Dons Report and MOTM

At times I felt that Lewis was just trying a bit too hard, trying to force it and make things happen. Given the level of opposition and a desire to show what he can do it’s entirely understandable. As others have said we still forget his age at times and how Eddie is carefully managing his development.

He’ll be fine... actually no, he’ll be absolutely great.

Good report. My player ratings would be...

Boruc - 7
Francis - 7
Simpson - 6
Mings - 7
Rico - 7
Fraser - 9
Lerma - 8
L. Cook - 6
Ibe - 6
Mousset - 8
Defoe - 5

I'd have Lerma in for Surman for Chelsea; he looks like the sort of player who could have a great partnership with any of our other midfielders. I'd also put Rico in; linked up really well with the others which was good to see. Unfortunately Lewis didn't quite do enough to force his way back into the starting XI. Impressed with Mousset.

Cheers. Think Surman and Daniels will play still considering both were rested yesterday. Lerma and Surman would partner well, and the presence of Lerma Will allow Surman to push up.

Perhaps there will be a 3 man central midfield consisting of those two and Gosling?

You ok hun?

(For all our American readers I wouldn’t start Darren Anderton in this current soccer team)

He was good though wasn't he ;)

Cookie will get another chance and will eventually edge out the older two - I just don't think him not starting at this moment in time is quite the incomprehensible injustice that some paint it out to be - not necessarily you btw.

I think that's a fair point about the opposition. Cook and Ibe ought to be able to shine against league 2 opposition. Cook will come good, he has a natural ability and sense of the game. I genuinely don't think Ibe has any sense of the flow of a game at all.

Overall it's impossible to be disappointed with a 3 nil win against any opposition. Particularly as we prevented them causing us any problems at all.

A lot of rewriting of history here. Nobody is judging Gosling and Surman when they’ve ‘not done much wrong’ they are judging them on years of watching them against varying levels of opposition and knowing their age (in respect of improving) and potential.

People that want Cook to play are doing this on a similar basis and with the understanding that unless you are a poor player you get better with game time and experience. Much like you used to clamour for Ake and Smith to start in front of Francis when he wasn’t doing much wrong.

We have been fortunate to play Cardiff without their current first choice midfield and a West Ham team in utter disarray and no points. The first half decent midfield we came up against was Saturday and we were overrun in the centre of the pitch even with a man advantage.

The sooner we bed in Lerma and Cook the better. Some of the stuff about Cook on Facebook and social media is shameful. We certainly know how to put talent down as a fan base sometimes...

This is spot on

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was stuck between giving Cook a 4 or a 5 but given that he was up against weaker opposition he shouldn’t be making so many mistakes! I just didn’t see that creative spark that we normally see from him against stronger sides hence why I gave him a 4. Therefore, I’ve been given him the benefit of the doubt and edited it to a 5. Had it had been Surman making all those mistakes for example, everyone on here would have plummeted him with negativity.

Thing is with Ibe as a wing back - you’ve got to defend a little and I didn’t see any of that which is a shame because Fraser has played in that position so many times and is capable there despite his height. I can’t see Ibe being a wing back for much longer

The thing is, Saturday Surman made those mistakes and more. Cook was better when he came on and was better last night than Surman has been, regardless of the opposition.

Class is permanent....

There’s no need to worry about Cook’s form. He has played a lot of first team football in his career for someone still very young. Also he’s barely had a summer off. It’s only natural to have a slight dip at some point.

I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s back to his usual self. In the meantime Gosling and Surman are doing OK and Lerma seems raring to go

Check out how often Cook L is involved in the SSN highlights

http://www.skysports.com/football/bmouth-vs-mk-dons/401645
Cannot be viewed in this country ... barstwards!

Re LC last Saturday, he did seem uncharacteristically shaky, but I can think of two times (once by Begovic for sure) where he was set up with a poor pass and didn't have a lot of options but to give away the ball.

As said by others, there is no reason to panic, his talent will work its way to the top.

I thought Rico had a good game. He had been told to play high up the pitch as pre-match practice had him almost on the half way line with balls being pinged to him. He also had the strength to hold off a physically bigger MK player close to the East Stand which gained a very solid round of applause. He also has enormous pace and closed down one of their players who had a 10 yard start on him.
There is plenty more to come

;