More Talk The Talk

billythekid

UTC Legend
We had it before the West Ham game.

I get fed up seeing these various interviews about what we are going to do or what we should give the fans.

All us the fans want from our team is to see them give of their best.

AFCB fans are probably some of the most patient and not known to get on the players backs when things are not going well.

If we see our team give 100%, even if we lose, draw or win, that’s all we can ask.

So less of the talk and more of the walk.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/18134814.i-think-need-give-supporters-more/

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...th-show-some-fight-passion-battle-avoid-drop/

Edit: Just seen other thread.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...losing-games-since-comeback-long-term-injury/

If no one read it or passed it on would that stop it ?

The ohec needs to fill its pages, copy and paste bland soundbites are on the shelf ready to go.

I don't work for the OHEC, but have felt for months that they use sound bites as though they are current without acknowledging that they are taken from interviews that happened weeks/months before!

The club should put a temporary stop on it other than the skipper or management team. It’s the same nonsense every week....

My favourite one was Solanke last week... a man who has given the club 5% of sod all in a year urging his team mates to step up to the plate. It was the footballing equivalent of listening to Harvey Weinstein advocating female empowerment.

Have we got a PR team? Or are they off for Christmas?

The club should put a temporary stop on it other than the skipper or management team. It’s the same nonsense every week....

My favourite one was Solanke last week... a man who has given the club 5% of sod all in a year urging his team mates to step up to the plate. It was the footballing equivalent of listening to Harvey Weinstein advocating female empowerment.

Have we got a PR team? Or are they off for Christmas?
At least it gives you a chance to shoehorn some Solanke criticism into another thread. ;)

PR over the years has been one of the weaknesses of our club IMO.

The fans used to have a forum to go to once a year (Solent)/ or more to put questions to the chairman, manager or captain.

Then afterwards you could go and have a chat with them if you wanted.

That all stopped, so basically communication lost.

Works both ways of course....lot of supporters dishing out stick don’t actually go to games to give struggling players encouragement but are content instead to watch the team on various streams. Whatever you think of likes of h Wilson and solanke ( based on comments this morning) likes of Steve cook, Rambo, Gozzo, franno, Lerma clearly giving 100% so deserve our actual support

It seems the poor form of players, all bar one, is attributed to the lack of a highly trained coaching set-up.

Solanke isn’t our only problem Rob but do you not agree he that he was probably the last person that should be giving others advice and should get his head down and work on his own game?

I agree, even though he's a professional footballer he should leave all the footballing advice to the experts, like EH, Cook, Neil Dawson...:slap:;)

Not a bad script though.

Eddie - 2009-10 - League 2
Eddie - 2010-11 - League 1 - Eddie left 16/1/2011 - Team in play-offs
Eddie - 2012-13 - League 1
Eddie - 2013-14 - Championship
Eddie - 2014-15 - Championship
Eddie - 2015-16 - Premier League
Eddie - 2016-17 - Premier League
Eddie - 2017-18 - Premier League
Eddie - 2018-19 - Premier League
Eddie - 2019-20 - Premier League

Not forgetting his sidekick JT.

Cook blames individual mistakes and poor goals conceded, a bit like Eddie, but no mention of a system and style of play which clearly doesn't work or create any chances. It's not just about fight and passion, we are setting ourselves up to lose every week with this nonsense sideways, turgid football. While it would be nice to see a bit of fight, we also need to have some flipping shots.

quite agree with most of the comments
Its not just that we are losing we are getting leathered
no confidence lack of any tactical plan and at least 3 players just not giving their all
eddies excuses wearing a bit thin

;