Morgan Rogers

According to that, if we fail to get promoted and have a massively smaller budget the the fee is £3m more. Not sure I see the logic in that.

With all these things, the devil is in the detail. Look at Fulham's obligation to buy Arter if they got promoted to the PL. Turned out he also had to have made 30+ appearances and he'd only made 20 something.

Yes I suspect there will be an appearance clause in this deal too. The reality is that there will be no chance of us splashing out 12m on anyone if we don’t get promoted.

According to that, if we fail to get promoted and have a massively smaller budget the the fee is £3m more. Not sure I see the logic in that.

Remember that there are three parties to this contract. This clause is very much in Morgan’s interest because the effect is that he won’t be stuck playing for us in the Championship for more than one season. I imagine it was inserted at the request of his representatives.

Remember that there are three parties to this contract. This clause is very much in Morgan’s interest because the effect is that he won’t be stuck playing for us in the Championship for more than one season. I imagine it was inserted at the request of his representatives.

Why bother having any option/obligation if we dont go up in that case? It's hardly likely to be fooling anyone.

Apparently he was given the OPTION of playing centre forward or midfield and once he had chosen one of them he had the OBLIGATION to stay on the pitch until called off but I don't believe that this happened as no-one can remember how he played.

her questions are cringeworthy
Yep Rob,
I agree and I feel that I could almost ask the questions and recite their answers but not being a journalist I don't know how to rephrase them. What questions would like to ask? I can't think of any interesting ones.
I have seen our new Scotsman on tv several times lately so I'm hoping he will be a true asset to the Cherries
UTC.

Without looking at him, my only concern is that Man City is willing to sell him to us.

In other words, they've determined that selling him cheap (by their standards) to a Championship club is the best they'll get. He's only 19 but they've obviously determined his development ceiling would still give him no chance of getting near the first team.
I guess he could still be a good player for us, but the experience with Ibe has sort of scarred me permanently.
Sorry, but I don't agree with your assessment of the situation, don't be scarred I think City have so many youngsters out on loan that to get a few bob into their coffers will help their finances. I believe they bought a rather expensive guy during the 'Window'
UTC

That would be a eulogy Waz
Tribute "a gift or statement made in acknowledgement, gratitude or admiration" - Collins English Dictionary
I’m aware. It’s just the language used in the article is very much akin to what would be used when remembering someone who had recently passed away, not a 19 year old footballer lol

Nastiness does seem to be the lingua franca of the internet and social media, so I just thought that amongst all the envious, snide and bitchy remarks it was refreshing to read someone saying something nice about an old friend that they had grown up with and whose success so far doesn't seem to have gone to his head

;