Most Bizarre Goal You Will Ever See At Tonight's U23 game v Arsenal

paul49

UTC Legend
From memory as there is no VAR or highlights to watch, the Arsenal keeper had the ball at his feet ready to play it to a defender and the referee stopped the game for an Arsenal injury. The referee took charge of the ball and the injured player was seen to. The referee then restarted play by rolling the ball back to the Arsenal keeper to kick it to one of his players.

The Arsenal keeper picked the ball up and thinking it was a free kick placed the ball near the penalty spot and stepped back to work out who to kick it to.

Christian Saydee was alive to the situation and ran into the penalty area and kicked the ball into the net. The referee gave a goal. He was surrounded by Arsenal players and went over to the lino who confirmed it was a goal.

After 9 minutes of extra time, as there were quite a few injuries and substitutions, we held out for a deserved 1-1 draw.

Good crowd in the main stand of about 2000

The overwhelming majority of 'injuries' were Arsenal players wasting time. Their 7 was faking injury when the ref stopped play before the goal and also started the fisticuffs with an unnecessary shove after the final whistle.

The main reasons we had 9(nine) minutes were for the injuries to our 11 and the lineman on the far side. It was always going to be a bizarre half when one of the officials got replaced in the first few minutes.

In the spirit of the game?

Would love us to score a goal like this against a Neil Warnock side.
Absolutely. Time-wasting has become acceptable, and the keeper clearly made a blunder.

Love it, hope it goes viral.

Presumably that was the reason for the 'afters' at the end of the game?

The goalkeeper is either deliberately playing dumb to waste time after the uncontested drop ball or doesn’t know the rules.

Either way he won’t do it again so should really be thanking Saydee for the lesson. :)

Ive always thought the rules for keepers are a bit of a minefield, I think each cup and league competition has different one with regards to pass backs etc. As you say he could have been playing dumb or was just confused with the rules for this competition.

The equaliser was pure instant karma. Arsenal spent the last 20 minutes falling down like skittles all over the pitch which resulted in a lot of the added time, and for the incident that led to the goal the ref had stopped play for another prone Arsenal player to receive attention. Our boys looked much stronger and fitter and were still going strong even after 100 minutes. Kudos to Saydee for understanding what had happened and responding quickly while the confused goalie dithered.
Very well done too to Steve Cook for not being too proud to play with the youngsters and wanting to get out there and perform, and no doubt his presence on the pitch gave them a real boost as well.
I thought Camp was the most impressive of the youngsters and he looks to me as though he is more than ready to take the step up to Football League action.

Bloody pathetic....putting aside any Arsenal sh*thouse stuff ( ok so they deserved it).

But i'd be embarrassed to have a goal like that on my stats ...

;