Most Bizarre Goal You Will Ever See At Tonight's U23 game v Arsenal

Why? It showed real intelligence and awareness on Saydee's part. Wouldn't you always want your players to be "on the ball" like that?

See what you mean...and at least that is constructive criticism of my post...but basically i'm just out of love for how the sh*those aspects of football are becoming somewhat dominant. :shrug:

Remember Pitman scoring one against Brighton at home in the last minute when the keeper fell over whilst trying to clear the ball.

There was no embarrassment about celebrating that I can tell you!

See what you mean...and at least that is constructive criticism of my post...but basically i'm just out of love for how the sh*those aspects of football are becoming somewhat dominant. :shrug:

Yeah great point. That's definitely your issue because these type of goals are brand new.

You probably don't like Dublin's goal though tbf.

Remember Pitman scoring one against Brighton at home in the last minute when the keeper fell over whilst trying to clear the ball.

There was no embarrassment about celebrating that I can tell you!

I have the ITV news report on that match on my computer at home. I might try to upload it later - that goal was wonderful!

All the keeper needed to do was pick up the ball, and punt it down field - game over. Instead he faffed about, stepped back, slipped up, and Brett nicked the ball away to score.

the goalkeeper was wasting time, his own players all turned their back and weren't showing for the ball and he was having a general moan.

Saydee was alive to the opportunity.

Also, echo the point about the disgusting antics of the Arsenal players who were rolling about like they'd been shot one minute and then hopping up as soon as the kick was given.

I think you're missing the point of some of the others 'constructive' criticism. But maybe you're happy to accept that.

Last edited:
Absolutely shocked that you didn't like the goal scored by this particular player. Shocked.

I didn't really take much notice of who 'scored' it...

The colours in a Rainbow are Red, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet..
..now if I'd got that wrong..it would be Virtually All the Same posters as usual that would challenge or show their disapproval.

The Forum has been so predictable with that since my first venture onto it...however its much the same with the responses to Al and Waz and couple of others...same challengers...same detractors....it gets boring....but then so do I....

Having said that...its good fun too.

I didn't really take much notice of who 'scored' it...

The colours in a Rainbow are Red, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet..
..now if I'd got that wrong..it would be Virtually All the Same posters as usual that would challenge or show their disapproval.

The Forum has been so predictable with that since my first venture onto it...however its much the same with the responses to Al and Waz and couple of others...same challengers...same detractors....it gets boring....but then so do I....

Having said that...its good fun too.

More forum analysis, brilliant.

the goalkeeper was wasting time, his own players all turned their back and weren't showing for the ball and he was having a general moan.

Saydee was alive to the opportunity.

Also, echo the point about the disgusting antics of the Arsenal players who were rolling about like they'd been shot one minute and then hopping up as soon as the kick was given.
Yes it was truly embarrassing to watch - they were falling over and staying down every time they were touched. Plus, their goal shouldn't have stood as Genesini was clearly fouled on the touchline before the ball was played in. Fair play to Saydee and a pity his second one didn't go in as that would have been real justice.

Coops said Saydee twice checked with ref if ball was live and he confirmed. So no controversy just bright play by Saydee.

Anyone got a spare programme from last night - was going to go but couldn’t get away from work to travel down from London

its pretty simple - we scored it, its great - they score it, its shocking

:utc:
Summed up perfectly. It’s great to be the ones who are s**t housing, but at the same time it’s ok to acknowledge that we’d be outraged if the tables were turned. Just like we all love Ben Pearson, but if he played for Watford we’d all think he was a dirty cheating little fu***er.

Summed up perfectly. It’s great to be the ones who are s**t housing, but at the same time it’s ok to acknowledge that we’d be outraged if the tables were turned. Just like we all love Ben Pearson, but if he played for Watford we’d all think he was a dirty cheating little fu***er.

I think the majority of the outrage would be directed at the keeper if this happened in a first team game.

It is not sh ithousing. Ball was live in play, arsenal keeper killing time deep in to injury time to protect a 1-0 lead and the scorer checks with ref. No cheating involved.

Is there a link to the goal anywhere? Have looked on the AFCB site but nothing...

;