MOTD

boscombe botn

Fans' Favourite
Put us on last and said that they had run out of time when analysing our game!

No time then, to comment on that ridiculous VAR decision when King was brought down for a clear penalty! Funny that!

Just shows the contempt that jug ears and co seem to have about our club!

The Friday game is usually last - and the VAR decision was thoroughly discussed on "Football Focus" at lunchtime.

Lawrenson and Dion Dublin both thought the Scum penalty shouldn't have been given, because Adams overhit the ball and was not going to keep it in play, and that we should have had a penalty for the challenge on King.

I take it as a mark of us being seen as a proper Premier League side. The first couple of seasons, particularly the first one, we were a novelty. Look at little old Bournemouth, haven't they done well, tiny ground, young English manager, cavalier attacking with Div 1 and championship players. They all thought we would go down after the first or second season but we haven't so we are no longer a news item. That has moved on to Sheff Utd (and the Chris Wilder story - bit like EH in many ways), and Norwich.
As for being last on well the Friday night game is almost always on last.

I have low standards for MOTD. I don’t have any real complaints about last nights coverage.

The only place to get any genuine insight is with Neville and Carragher on Sky. Most pundits spout cliched populist nonsense as that’s what producers think the public wants.

What can shake us out of happiness this week...?
Nothing.....and if we stay above Manu...just savour that too!
Not even defeat in the Mouse Cup at Burton will shake it down.

Last edited:
I just watch the highlights on cows. Love the "alt angle" & tunnel vids.

I love watching these video clips - very interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes...our squad always seem to get on so well. Also note that players and officials from the teams we play, often seem quite down to earth, the amount of times they greet some of our players like old friends....shows beyond the rivalries, it's actually quite friendly off the pitch.

I'd have taken even less AFCB coverage on MOTD if it meant that Lineker and co could spend even longer slaughtering Watford and the way they played.

It was a joy.

They had a practise run in May too !

Having seen the goals they were right.

City played well but we had a lack discipline, concentration or even desire about us it seemed .

As for MOTD don't have Sky so tend to rely on it but noticed Sky do have highlights on YouTube now ...

Maybe MOTD really will lose its appeal with quick and easy access to the action without the bland chit chat ?

City played well but we had a lack discipline, concentration or even desire about us it seemed .

As for MOTD don't have Sky so tend to rely on it but noticed Sky do have highlights on YouTube now ...

Maybe MOTD really will lose its appeal with quick and easy access to the action without the bland chit chat ?
That's what happens when you treat the game like your cup final.

Only with a 2 goal worse scoreline.

Maybe such a heavy defeat will be a wake up call and convince the players they are in trouble. We lost the first 5 games in 17/18 and you could feel the pressure building but slowly picked up points. This season the league is very tight so a couple of wins will make your situation very different. Of course we play you next month and deeney may have his first game back (or is he out longer?)

I am interested in the hire/fire of coaches approach seen at Watford. A lot of our squad really fight for Eddie. Always thought Watford showed a lot of fight but maybe with another coach change and without Deeney on the pitch, is this causing a problem? Or maybe just knew they weren’t going to beat City?

Still think you will be ok though.

There was an interesting table in Saturday's Guardian that listed the average starting ages of the Premier League teams this season.
We were 4th youngest (25y 142d) behind Man Utd, Chelsea and Saints, but Watford were the oldest with an average age of 29y 198 days, and this figure would probably have been even higher if Deeney had played more games.
Eddie said a while back that one of his main aims recently has been to reduce the average age of the team and he has brought in a lot of talented young players to this end.
Has the constant turnover of managers at Watford left them without anyone focussing on the need to refresh their ageing team and taking ownership of this issue? This requires long term planning and all their managers must understand that they are very unlikely to be there for the long term and therefore don't see team renewal as their responsibility.

;