MOTD

I love watching these video clips - very interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes...our squad always seem to get on so well. Also note that players and officials from the teams we play, often seem quite down to earth, the amount of times they greet some of our players like old friends....shows beyond the rivalries, it's actually quite friendly off the pitch.

The Jamie Vardy 'Ooh Danish friends' inbetweeners thing in the tunnel was funny. He's gone up in my estimation..

Some fans would say Deeney hasn't been at his best for a while you know generally he will give his best in terms of effort .

Not sure others who maybe are eyeing moves elsewhere or just been in the team knowing their position is safe do.

We certainly haven't invested in the defence over time - we'd love to have someone like Ake!

We didn't expect much from City but it will be only taking one point from Brighton, West Ham , Everton and Newcastle which will send us down .

Some fans would say Deeney hasn't been at his best for a while you know generally he will give his best in terms of effort .

Not sure others who maybe are eyeing moves elsewhere or just been in the team knowing their position is safe do.

We certainly haven't invested in the defence over time - we'd love to have someone like Ake!

We didn't expect much from City but it will be only taking one point from Brighton, West Ham , Everton and Newcastle which will send us down .

Agree. Thought deeney came back well last season after seemingly losing his way a bit?

The thing with Deeney is you know what you'll get and he won't let you guys down. Whereas I think you guys have too many players who have lots of talent but often won't show up, or go hiding. That might be a lazy stereotype of course, but I honestly feel it is relevant given how many times I've seen us play down the recent years. As an opposition fan I'd always rather face a Watford side without Deeney in it, and when I see his name on the team-sheet I know we'll be in for a battle.

You had someone like Ake once. His name was Nathan Ake.

Was amazed when he came here you didn't sign him or at least extend his loan for another year.

Maybe his Uber beautiful partner preferred to live in Sandbanks to shopping in a high street where the most expensive item on sale costs a pound? :fish:

Although their high street and our bit near Horseshoe common were vying for the most violent stretch of road in the south for a while Hitting

Seems that on Motd it will always be Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool getting the most attention followed by both mancs and chelsea roughly in that order....Lineker and Wrights old clubs..then the other 4 biggies due to demand of other bods in the beeb.
Leicester muscled in one season by force of results + Lineker from there.
At the End of the Day...its only a Tv programme and means.. f#ck- all !

Maybe his Uber beautiful partner preferred to live in Sandbanks to shopping in a high street where the most expensive item on sale costs a pound? :fish:

Only just see this - don't live in Watford so no real idea what the shops are like but the shopping centre has gone through a refit so maybe you have a point !!

Why are people so sensitive about the running order? The bbc has to please as many license payers as possible, unfortunately for us there are more that want to see other clubs. I don’t see the issue. Also Linekar and that don’t choose the running order, the producers do.

I don’t get too upset about the running order but I do get irritated by what is shown in the highlights...

They showed that Heller flick in the second half that Ramsdale walked across and caught. An absolute nothing highlight but didn’t show the Stacey cross field ball and Wilson blast that hit their keeper...

Jenas has also gone a bit strange! Used to think he was one of the more sensible pundits but his recent elevation to doing all kinds of media work seems to have gone to his head.
I recall him stating that Tielemans shouldn't have been red carded....then last night with the pull on Josh, he clearly said he didn't think it was a penalty!
Interesting straw poll on Twitter.....pretty much every comment from people was asking how we didn't get a penalty for that. Fans of other clubs, some of whom take any chance they get to bash us. All instead bashing VAR for not giving it.
As for the running order....I don't care too much...maybe if we were on last for that game....but from what I saw, don't think there was any game that was dull yesterday, so all had a claim to be further up.

The commentator thought King was onside when we had to wait for the VAR decision.

Not sure he agreed with the panel either re grabbing of King’s shirt for ‘the penalty that wasn’t a penalty’.

Solanke has had a lot of criticism since he has been at our club.

But seeing the build up to our second goal he did a lot of good work beating players before finally laying the ball off to King who then put it to Callum who did what he has been doing in our last four matches. If it wasn’t for Solanke we would not have been 2-1 up so early in the second half.

... I recall we criticised Fletcher when he first got here...but his old up play and forward link up was praised by many including Defoe when he was first here. Solanke maybe a similar type given time to bed in.

Anyway its forward on.. Thunderbirds are Go... to those Badshags at the Emirates...we havnt managed a point there yet have we.....this is the one then?

They are up in Silverware County tomorrow night..at the Entitlement.Centre..but it could be a bit of an Audition for this years Sackfest!
Hopefully it will rough them up for us. .

I can see us scoring ..their defence can shake a bit.....but its a top job for our boys keeping Augameyanygybobs quiet !

Being a Boscombe fan is such a Great Thing.... Its an ever moving tick- off list...No One is Safe !. Not Aldershot....Not Arsenal !

Last edited:
They had a practise run in May too !

Having seen the goals they were right.

City played well but we had a lack discipline, concentration or even desire about us it seemed .

As for MOTD don't have Sky so tend to rely on it but noticed Sky do have highlights on YouTube now ...

Maybe MOTD really will lose its appeal with quick and easy access to the action without the bland chit chat ?

Watford caught a doughboy v City......but.....you cant take away the fact that Watford were the Original Trailblazers for small town clubs, then..
along came the even smaller Wimbledon....great Football Shows on the Road....giving Hope....and eventually we rocked up too. . adding our little Shockfest!

Hope Watford get back on the rails.

Last edited:

;