Murray Walker RIP

hba1

Fans' Favourite
Reported on BBC website Murray Walker has passed on. The voice of F1 aged 97. I thought he lived somewhere locally but could be wrong. RIP.

He used to work at an advertising agency in 1959 and was supposedly the person who coined the phrase ...

"A Mars a Day Helps You Work, Rest and Play"

RIP Murray

A life well lived and a wonderful human being, by all accounts. Just read an anecdote on the BBC obit about how he once looked over the tree line at the Nurburgring and dryly remarked that he remembered riding in a tank nearby!

Used to have my heart in my mouth every time Mansell got to the final lap in the lead praying the Walker jinx wouldn't blow his car up.

My interest in F1 diminished somewhat after he retired. RIP.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He used to work at an advertising agency in 1959 and was supposedly the person who coined the phrase ...

RIP Murray

And “ Opal Fruits - made to make your mouth water “

RIP.

One of the great sport commentators.

Showed so much passion and enthusiasm for Motorsports bringing it to many generations.

Reported on BBC website Murray Walker has passed on. The voice of F1 aged 97. I thought he lived somewhere locally but could be wrong. RIP.

Think he lived in Fordingbridge.

One of those voices that were easy to listen to even if you wasn’t into that particular sport.

John Arlott and Brian Johnston with cricket and Peter Allis with golf amongst others.

Think he lived in Fordingbridge.

One of those voices that were easy to listen to even if you wasn’t into that particular sport.

John Arlott and Brian Johnston with cricket and Peter Allis with golf amongst others.
He lived in Bramshaw , not far from there .

RIP Murray

in an interview Murray said
'I was the account director of that, among other clients, at Masius and Ferguson. It no longer exists, but we made it into the biggest advertising agency in Britain and I'm very proud of that. "A Mars a day helps you work rest and play" was something that I administered, but I never invented it. I'll tell you how it got ascribed to me. It got put into an obituary file, maybe all of my obituary files, and I can't get rid of it. It's amazing the way it sticks.'
Walker does own up to coining what he calls 'trite but successful phrases', among them 'Opal Fruits: made to make your mouth water'; 'Trill makes your budgie bounce' and the fantastic 'An only budgie is a lonely budgie'.

;