My 60th Season...

I cannot match that David but I have held a season ticket since the 90s when I returned from Uni. Its weird that excitement for a season can depend on all sorts of things, not all related to the team or league. Going through a tough period at the moment so that always diverts away from the football but at the same time, making it to the game gives you a break from whatever else is going on in life.

Nothing will ever quite match up to the Eddie seasons in the Prem but I must be honest, this year holds a lot more hope than last season did. If we get some memorable wins agaist big sides then I am all for the all out attack mentality. If you ask most of us what our memories of the last 5 year stay were, we dont talk about our league position, we talk about Liverpool 4-3, Man United at home or the many Chelsea results. Last season we stayed up but that season will be remembered in years to come for White Hart Lane.

Let us hope for many more of those memories this year.
Sorry to hear that. Hope things look up for you.

57th season for me and I have had a ST since they started them in the South End. My first one since Mum died last August. Dad died in 2018. It will be strange not calling Mum as I walk home from the game.

Always good to meet up with football friends. They're as much family as family.

Opening day of the season is always brilliant. Just looking for my league ladders so I can adjust the placings after every game.

UTCIAD

This will be my 61st season. Football rattles, billiard cues with flags attached and the Brighton beach end turnstiles are now distant memories.

I'm under 50.. just about.. 35 years since my first game and 20 years since I started going every week. Can't wait to do it all over again.

Just realised that this must be my 60th season starting today...when I think of all the other things and people that have passed in and out of my life since then. Mates, girlfriends, women, mum and dad, cars, jobs, houses, all the bits and pieces that make up a life.

But going down to Dean Court to watch Boscombe is the ONLY thing that's always been there constantly since I was 7 years old. Granted, some years the flame burned brighter than others, but it never went away.

And here I go again - just as excited and brimful of optimism as I was back then.

Up The Cherries.
Congrats David, quite a milestone and the sentiments certainly resonate!

I cannot match that David but I have held a season ticket since the 90s when I returned from Uni. Its weird that excitement for a season can depend on all sorts of things, not all related to the team or league. Going through a tough period at the moment so that always diverts away from the football but at the same time, making it to the game gives you a break from whatever else is going on in life.

Nothing will ever quite match up to the Eddie seasons in the Prem but I must be honest, this year holds a lot more hope than last season did. If we get some memorable wins agaist big sides then I am all for the all out attack mentality. If you ask most of us what our memories of the last 5 year stay were, we dont talk about our league position, we talk about Liverpool 4-3, Man United at home or the many Chelsea results. Last season we stayed up but that season will be remembered in years to come for White Hart Lane.

Let us hope for many more of those memories this year.
Sorry to hear things are tough for you Druss. I hope a good start to the season today helps in some small way.

Is there anyone on here under fifty?

Season 6 for my my boy. Third year as a season ticket holder.

Popped in for a few games but never stayed long in his first couple of seasons then he missed an entire season (plastic - plus you know that pandemic thingy) before become a season ticket holder. Promoted in his first season and now second year in the top flight. Proper glory hunter.

From memory, my father took me to Dean Court when I was 3. Div. 3 south v Mansfield Town. I'm now 64. So 61 yrs. I will add I was bored sh1t...less. I remember being in the old main stand and looking into the car park. They had class windows at the ends then. My father hailed from Mansfield but did follow Boscombe.

Like you, I've seen a few 'new chapters' at AFCB, many didn't end well. :grinning:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

It's a little known fact that Dickens was a huge AFCB fan and that's how he started a chapter when writing a season summary.

Probably used it again, knowing him. Bit lacking in imagination so had to keep recycling his text.

From memory, my father took me to Dean Court when I was 3. Div. 3 south v Mansfield Town. I'm now 64. So 61 yrs. I will add I was bored sh1t...less. I remember being in the old main stand and looking into the car park. They had class windows at the ends then. My father hailed from Mansfield but did follow Boscombe.
I do still look for Mansfield's results.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

It's a little known fact that Dickens was a huge AFCB fan and that's how he started a chapter when writing a season summary.

Probably used it again, knowing him. Bit lacking in imagination so had to keep recycling his text.
I heard he used to live in Nuneaton and enjoyed going to the Coventry Leicester derbies. In fact he enjoyed it so much it inspired one of his most famous books.

;