Nat Phillips

Nat was great for us in our promotion season, he wasn't faultless , but which players are ? But he certainly gave his all and his personality was very infectious, he's very versatile also .
Nat is most definitely top half championship level .. always liked him.. would be a shame to end up at Leeds though!

Agree, hes a quality player for well bank rolled Championship promotion contender. Certainly wont be cheap, in terms of outlay and wage. But is pretty much guaranteed to perform and make impact for such a team.

Plus question marks over ability to step up at PL level, although must have something about him to have been retained by Liverpool so long.

Surely needs to move on now hes firmly in mid twenties.

Weird player seemly content to see out his entire career from the Liverpool bench.

Massively overrated IMO.

Weird player seemly content to see out his entire career from the Liverpool bench.

Massively overrated IMO.
I think he was set to leave Liverpool in each of the last two transfer windows but on both occasions they suffered a bunch of injuries to central defenders just as the window was opening, so he's not been allowed to leave.

Also believe his wage to be very high !

Apparently so. Makes it a difficult value proposition for the kind of clubs he's likely to regularly start for.

But he's quality for a top championship level side.

Probably a tough one to sign when yku factor in Liverpool usually premium asking price and taking on most of his current wage. When clubs are comparing him to possibly slightly inferior options, lower cost, but with more potential. Although those players may carry a bit more bedding in/adjustment impact risk, particularly if they're moving from abroad.

I think he was set to leave Liverpool in each of the last two transfer windows but on both occasions they suffered a bunch of injuries to central defenders just as the window was opening, so he's not been allowed to leave.

At the start of the window, you'd think they would have time to get someone in at least on loan. He only covered 360 minutes last season.

At the start of the window, you'd think they would have time to get someone in at least on loan. He only covered 360 minutes last season.

Assume he's somewhat attached, not unhappy with his role at Liverpool as you'd imagine he'd have asked/forced a move by now and Liverpool woukd have entertained it if he expressed any disconnect, unhappiness with situation. Pretty he's under no illusion that he'll ever be more than a 5th at best cb choice at the club.

He's no doubt a solid character... professional, focused, loyal etc as klopp wouldn't have kept someone with remotely dubious attitude hanging around I'm background so long otherwise.

Massively overrated IMO.
Was he content to do that? I thought he was keen to join us permanently, but Liverpool upped his price by 50%. It's LFC who have screwed up his career by doing that I'd say. Sure he's been well paid, but considering the work he put in a few seasons back when they were so short of centre backs, I don't think his club has been that loyal to him. He was a pawn to them in a greedy game of chess. We were absolutely right not to buy him for 15 million. Now Liverpool will be lucky to get what he was originally actually worth. Serves them right.

He chose to sign a long term contract on a salary a Championship side wouldn't pay. He isn't a victim here. He chose money over first team football. Nothing wrong with making that choice but he can't really complain about a lack of football.

;