Nat Phillips

OTE="Green_Cherry, post: 702874, member: 5936"]He was great when he was here I know it was in the championship but he’s good enough to make Liverpools bench most weeks, and he’s played in the champions league on occasion so I don’t think there’s any doubting his ability for a lower premier club like us. Looking at what defence we have: Kelly, meps, senesi, stephens (on loan from Southampton) and Hill (currently at Hearts) we aren’t short of cover. However, Stephens won’t sign permanently (probably), Hill needs another year or two till he becomes a starting contender and by the looks of it Kelly is being played out left more now so I’d argue there is definitely a need for him. If we can wiggle the price down to around £10million I’d say that’s a good buy[/QUOTE]
And the wages ?

Let's face it... Kelly seems like he'll laways play and he'll be partnered with either Senesi or Meps, both of which IMO are good enough for us at this level... We also have Stephens for this season, who hasn't put. afoot wrong when called upon... Weve also got a young and improving James Hill out at Hearts...

Also, Lerma can slot in there if really desperate...

Not a position we need to strengthen with someone like Phillips IMO...

Loved his passion and throwback defensive style last season. Like him a lot, hope he goes on to get a lot of games wherever he ends up. It won’t be here though. Not the right profile of signing anymore.

Wouldn't we rather have C.C-V? : )

He is doing superb at Celtic. I know it's a lower standard but the journalists there always rate him very highly. He will have improved since he left us also.
I think Philips would be a good signing. We aren't settled at the back and haven't been since he left.

Ok player but 15m?

200w.gif

He is doing superb at Celtic. I know it's a lower standard but the journalists there always rate him very highly. He will have improved since he left us also.
I think Philips would be a good signing. We aren't settled at the back and haven't been since he left.
For depth sure. But not if the price they want is accurate;not that good.

Seems Leeds are interested in signing him.

Leeds are interested in signing Liverpool defender Nat Phillips, according to The Athletic.

Liverpool are reportedly looking for up to £10m for Phillips, who is under contract until 2025.

It is claimed Leeds’ pursuit of the 26-year-old is believed to be irrespective of their head coach and sporting director appointments as the Whites prepare for Championship football after their relegation from the Premier League.

;