Neil Dawson

Les78

Trialist
Neil Dawson speaks the absolute truth.
As a dedicated Bournemouth fan it hurts to read a damning critism.
But I ask you all this - if the problems are so obvious to us, why doesn't Eddie do something about it ?

Your are Neil Dawsons agent - I claim the £5..........................

The answer is very simple EH has a different view of what is going on, he sees the players every day etc etc, he wants us to play a certain way and so far he has succeeded.
He certainly won't be swayed by anyone - it was interesting to see the look on Franno and Steve Cooks face on the thursday night TV PL show when Gabby Logan asked them if they ever went to EH with ideas of their own to change things etc. The look and answer they gave as they shook their heads spoke volumes - they wouldn't dream of questioning him.

If the players are timid of going to the manager with ideas that's not good. Ok Brian Clough made that statement about discussing things with players and then we decide ''I am right'"but I do think it was a joke ...but partly true. He was a strong character and Eddie could be similar!!! You would like to think, though that someone like Franno , S.Cook, Harry or Defoe could challenge Eddie a bit on issues- that's healthy teamwork surely?

Eddie’s record as our manager speaks for itself.

The word ‘criminal’ was used when KT suggested our players have basically accepted we are safe now and may have lifted their foot off the accelerator (my words). Eddie wasn’t happy with that comment.

So as long as Eddie has his eye on next season and where we may need strengthening, which I believe he will, we should be ok.

The interview is on twitter.

Eddie’s record as our manager speaks for itself.

The word ‘criminal’ was used when KT suggested our players have basically accepted we are safe now and may have lifted their foot off the accelerator (my words). Eddie wasn’t happy with that comment.

So as long as Eddie has his eye on next season and where we may need strengthening, which I believe he will, we should be ok.

The interview is on twitter.

As ever, Honest and from the heart by me.
Out of the 3 seasons, this has been our worst performance wise.
Cue ABBA

We the supporters are emotional, fickle, and rash. But also distant to an extent, because we don't see the players as friends and colleagues.

Howe is clearly a manager who puts a lot of thought into his decisions, and once he's made a decision, he steadfastly backs that decision to be correct. He bases those decisions off seeing and working the squad every day. And let's face it he's got many things spectacularly correct over the years. But that comes with it's own element of what could be seen either as stubbornness or self confidence, because he expects all his decisions to be proven correct in the end.

It takes a lot for Eddie to second guess himself and change tack. It takes (I think) something as concerning as the last few weeks culminating in yesterday.

It's going to be a very interesting summer.

It's a football forum,everyone has their own opinion,otherwise what's the point of it?
I largely agree with a lot of what Neil says,some of what he says ,I don't.
He does always say that he respects what Eddie has done as a manager as we all do.

He's not the Messiah, he just writes good (sometimes) match reports ;-)

Rob, Be thankful Neil did yesterdays report, because if it was me, you and others would have gone in to a higher orbit than Tim Peake ever reached.

I am typing out my review of the season, which seemed quite popular last year...I know I will get stick for my own thoughts.

Do lighten up Al. Everyone gets stick for their thoughts!

I'm as light as a feather Rob.
Still loving the ride.

Funny how so many of my ex Navy friends have go in touch with me since we hit the PL.
I think they remember me as the miserable old sod who came back from weekend leave after a defeat at Torquay/York etc.

Best quote of the weekend for me.
A young WREN chef who was part of my last class I instructed, got hold of me on Facebook, and invited me to stay for the Wolves game next year. (We'll see)

"Thanks for Benik. he'll score 20 for us in the PL"
Good luck with that.

If the players are timid of going to the manager with ideas that's not good. Ok Brian Clough made that statement about discussing things with players and then we decide ''I am right'"but I do think it was a joke ...but partly true. He was a strong character and Eddie could be similar!!! You would like to think, though that someone like Franno , S.Cook, Harry or Defoe could challenge Eddie a bit on issues- that's healthy teamwork surely?

If that goes for the players how much input is offered by his backroom group of chums?

I often wonder whether he actually enjoys the games when he has to concentrate on every detail.
My football watching is on a totally different (lower?) level.
I frequently haven’t a clue who scored.
Rarely notice changes of formation.
And I don’t get anywhere near as upset at poor performances.

I suppose we all enjoy it in our own way.

I often wonder whether he actually enjoys the games when he has to concentrate on every detail.
My football watching is on a totally different (lower?) level.
I frequently haven’t a clue who scored.
Rarely notice changes of formation.
And I don’t get anywhere near as upset at poor performances.

I suppose we all enjoy it in our own way.

Ditto.

I haven't got a clue most of the time; the alcohol doesn't help and nor does being behind the goal.

Neil's reports are brilliant, if I get into a tactics discussion I just repeat whatever he's said and hope for the best.

Seems to work.

Ditto.

I haven't got a clue most of the time; the alcohol doesn't help and nor does being behind the goal.

Neil's reports are brilliant, if I get into a tactics discussion I just repeat whatever he's said and hope for the best.

Seems to work.

Provided you remembered the right match. :grinning:

I'm as light as a feather Rob.
Still loving the ride.

Best quote of the weekend for me.
A young WREN chef who was part of my last class I instructed, got hold of me on Facebook, and invited me to stay for the Wolves game next year. (We'll see)

Which just goes to show how differently we see things Al...I think if you look more closely you’ll find that Barrie isn’t actually a Wren...

When was the last game you attended?

;