Neil Dawson

If the players are timid of going to the manager with ideas that's not good. Ok Brian Clough made that statement about discussing things with players and then we decide ''I am right'"but I do think it was a joke ...but partly true. He was a strong character and Eddie could be similar!!! You would like to think, though that someone like Franno , S.Cook, Harry or Defoe could challenge Eddie a bit on issues- that's healthy teamwork surely?

I think you have to take the comments from the BBC interview in the context they were said.

They wouldn't want to make suggestions in regards to training, because that's very much Howe's domain.

But they are able to have their input in player meetings, as mentioned in regards to their end of season reviews, which must be on their mind at the moment because they've either had them or are about to in the coming days/weeks.

Sounded to me that it was more "there's a time and place" for players to have their input. Knocking on the manager's door the morning of a training session and asking for a five-a-side instead of running drills is probably not the time...

Chris 2001 - last games I attended was Swansea away, Newcastle away and Stoke away earlier this season. No more since or until wife is recovered from BC.
Any supporter is entitled to opinion whether attending or not especially those who clocked up hundreds of games when we had a capacity of 20,000 plus and easy to get STs!!

Like Gary, formation goes over my head. I only like to see how many we’re playing up front and I still can’t work out whether it’s one, two or three.

Chris 2001 - last games I attended was Swansea away, Newcastle away and Stoke away earlier this season. No more since or until wife is recovered from BC.
Any supporter is entitled to opinion whether attending or not especially those who clocked up hundreds of games when we had a capacity of 20,000 plus and easy to get STs!!

Of couse you are entitled to an opinion but if you are going to make comments about the way players are playing it probably would be more valid if you had actually seen them playing!

Chris- I've seen them on tv enough to know how they play! sometimes the overall closer camera zoom in view is better! as opposed to fans in the ground viewing from one end! Of course I realise that there are only so many games televised on the main channels so I missed the Saints game other than Motd highlights

If that makes no sense( as I often dont) then you are right to see it your way if you are a regular attender!

Last edited:
Just read Neil's report on the main page. Unbelievably well written Neil and definitely something which everyone who was there Saturday will know, wasn't just written in the moment and actually reflected the game magnificently well.

Thanks for putting into words what I think most of us feel!

Definitely agree with the last bit though. Maybe this was the final straw and seeing such a limp display against a team 3rd from bottom with 3 games to play might finally show Eddie that serious changes are needed

;