Neto

I wasn’t sure where to put this.

Reading in Spanish media that De Gea is looking for a club. He’s training with Altrincham FC to stay in shape.

With AFCB possibly looking for a goalkeeper this summer, would this be a good move?

Reading in Spanish media that De Gea is looking for a club. He’s training with Altrincham FC to stay in shape.

With AFCB possibly looking for a goalkeeper this summer, would this be a good move?
DDG is even worse at leaving his line than Neto!!

No.
We need an up-and-coming young keeper who can stay with us for a few years and only get better.
Good thing we have such an awesome recruitment team!

Seriously, it's hard to argue against Travers at this point. Until he actually concedes a goal.

That's the trouble with goalies, as soon as they let a goal in, they should have dived earlier/later or come for the cross/stayed on his line. There's no one behind to cover their mistakes : )

De Gea, I don't think he's had this gap year because he needed to "find himself", it could be the money he thinks he's worth. There's probably a reason he's training with Altrincham and not playing for a mid-table club in any of the big European leagues : )

That's the trouble with goalies, as soon as they let a goal in, they should have dived earlier/later or come for the cross/stayed on his line. There's no one behind to cover their mistakes : )

De Gea, I don't think he's had this gap year because he needed to "find himself", it could be the money he thinks he's worth. There's probably a reason he's training with Altrincham and not playing for a mid-table club in any of the big European leagues : )
His Utd contract was mental......he's looking at a massive pay cut wherever he goes.....quality keeper but probably wouldn't consider us.

Yes, but I thought wages at United was the problem so perhaps not as good a deal as it would appear and at his age there's no resale value.

A couple of years on reasonable pay would give our younger guys a chance to develop but as others have said I doubt he would entertain a modest salary with us.

I wonder if its got to do with something more sinister that hasn't been made public.

Nothing sinister. He's apparently turned down plenty of offers but doesn't want to sign for a club further down the table than where he is used to be.

Sorry, but talk of us and De Gea is totally unrealistic. The signing on fee and wages would be beyond us, even if we got them from somewhere it'd totally smash any structure and create an unhappy dressing room, it would be 'spent' money as they'd be no chance of a sale to recoup any and he'll have much, much bigger clubs making him offers.

;