Neto

I don't know, Travers's shot stopping is pretty good.
I’ve never really made my mind up regarding Travers. Ever since his debut when he was around six yards outside of the box and a spurs player took a pot shot and he casually watched it go wide. Not sure if he was confident or nuts.

I’ve never really made my mind up regarding Travers. Ever since his debut when he was around six yards outside of the box and a spurs player took a pot shot and he casually watched it go wide. Not sure if he was confident or nuts.
He’s a goalkeeper

Ergo, nuts

Why can't we just accept he made a couple of bad errors. Do we have to try and make excuses for him? He plays for Bournemouth not Man City so he's likely to. Travers would've been slaughtered for them on here.

Ederson doesn't actually make many saves percentage wise to shots faced. He would probably let in more than Neto here. Allison has also made errors for Liverpool. As you infer, they accept these because of the distribution and quality saves made respectively.
I agree, we can say Neto makes mistakes but he saves far more than he lets in.

Ederson doesn't actually make many saves percentage wise to shots faced. He would probably let in more than Neto here. Allison has also made errors for Liverpool. As you infer, they accept these because of the distribution and quality saves made respectively.
I agree, we can say Neto makes mistakes but he saves far more than he lets in.

Are you saying Neto is better than Ederson?

'Ederson doesn't actually make many saves percentage wise to shots faced. He would probably let in more than Neto here. '

I love Neto, he's quality, but he's not at the same level as Ederson or Allison... seriously.

The third goal was the defenders fault. They must have known it was the last chance of the match, someone needed to launch themselves in the way of the shot.

The third goal was the defenders fault. They must have known it was the last chance of the match, someone needed to launch themselves in the way of the shot.
We also don’t position anyone for the loose ball. Been three occasions this year. Everyone back but nobody lurking to cut off opportunities like that. It’s basic defensive set up and it’s not coincidence that despite being the second tallest squad in the league we have the worst record from set piece defending. You can kind of excuse it if you go for more smaller skillful footballers

I don't know, Travers's shot stopping is pretty good.
Travers is a very good shot stopper when it comes to mid/short range shots, he is also pretty decent in one on one situations. Unfortunately virtually every other areas of Travers’ game is weak, he has next to no commanding presence in the penalty area and his distribution is incredibly unreliable. He is also very weak when it comes to long range efforts, he seems unable to move his feet quickly enough to get across in time. Even last season this was an issue for him. His range of weaknesses really begin to get exposed at the top level, Neto didn’t cover himself in glory on Saturday but he’s still way clear of Travers imo. He isn’t as good as Boruc though, Boruc had the ability to win you a game by making saves that he had no right to, not really seen that from Neto yet.

Travers is a very good shot stopper when it comes to mid/short range shots, he is also pretty decent in one on one situations. Unfortunately virtually every other areas of Travers’ game is weak, he has next to no commanding presence in the penalty area and his distribution is incredibly unreliable. He is also very weak when it comes to long range efforts, he seems unable to move his feet quickly enough to get across in time. Even last season this was an issue for him. His range of weaknesses really begin to get exposed at the top level, Neto didn’t cover himself in glory on Saturday but he’s still way clear of Travers imo. He isn’t as good as Boruc though, Boruc had the ability to win you a game by making saves that he had no right to, not really seen that from Neto yet.
There was borucs shocker against spurs, and his distribution was shocking.
Let's not make him out for something he wasn't. Personally I think Neto's all round game is better

There was borucs shocker against spurs, and his distribution was shocking.
Let's not make him out for something he wasn't. Personally I think Neto's all round game is better
Boruc had a few shockers for sure, but he also made saves that no other keeper that has played for us could make. He also had games where he was world class, like Man United away in 16/17. Neto’s distribution is better but Boruc comfortably the better shot stopper imo.

We also don’t position anyone for the loose ball. Been three occasions this year. Everyone back but nobody lurking to cut off opportunities like that. It’s basic defensive set up and it’s not coincidence that despite being the second tallest squad in the league we have the worst record from set piece defending. You can kind of excuse it if you go for more smaller skillful footballers
I thought Cook was on the edge of the box but only in the middle. it just happened to fall to the guy no one was marking on the left of the box. Every goal can be defended in hindsite.

I thought Cook was on the edge of the box but only in the middle. it just happened to fall to the guy no one was marking on the left of the box. Every goal can be defended in hindsite.
If the clearing header went centrally then there would be more time to get to the ball and more bodies in the way Would the ref blow the whistle before Arsenal can get the ball back in the box? Small margins

Boruc had a few shockers for sure, but he also made saves that no other keeper that has played for us could make. He also had games where he was world class, like Man United away in 16/17. Neto’s distribution is better but Boruc comfortably the better shot stopper imo.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn;t say Boruc was better. He may be better at certain things, like perhaps crazy reflex saves, but I think Neto outdoes him in other areas. I think Boruc was more prone to mistakes/losing focus/being too casual a bit more frequently, which detract a bit from his reliability at the very top level. Neto less likely to make as many 'worldies' but over season likely to make less silly mistakes than Boruc.

All keepers have mistakes in them don;t they, just a matter of how often, and how much their strengths outweigh the negatives. Same for any player, relative to their position.

Overall, not much in it, and both keepers probably decent enough for most clubs outside the top 6 at this level, or at least compete for the No1 spot.

They certainly both have that certain presence, assuredness/composure about them though which seems to seperate keepers as you move up throught the divisions. PErhaps its something that comes with age/experience, hence keepers generally not peaking until a few years later than outfield players. Could see it right away on both of their debuts. Travers doesn;t have that air about him so much right now, but like I say, hopefully that is something will come with time and experience, I think its something that defenders/outfield players feed off and has effect on their game,

Remember, Boruc was dropped at Saints for Forster, but I guess that was before Forster had some kind of mental breakdown and lost his way.

Last edited:
Are you saying Neto is better than Ederson?

'Ederson doesn't actually make many saves percentage wise to shots faced. He would probably let in more than Neto here. '

I love Neto, he's quality, but he's not at the same level as Ederson or Allison... seriously.

I understand what you mean. I think what I am trying to say is that Ederson doesn't actually make many saves to shots faced as he would be expected for a Man City keeper. He is in the side for his distribution firstly I think. But they must be better as they are one and two for Brasil and Neto isn't selected?

I understand what you mean. I think what I am trying to say is that Ederson doesn't actually make many saves to shots faced as he would be expected for a Man City keeper. He is in the side for his distribution firstly I think. But they must be better as they are one and two for Brasil and Neto isn't selected?

Yeah, when weighing up your post, did think you were coming from that angle mate. Sorry if it come across sharp...

Anyway. I'd like to add some 'evidence' for us to peruse and consider upstanding sirs and madams of this forum.

I know, I know, I can hear half of you say 'its only a computer game for f**ks sake' but the amount of research, time and money that goes into the Football Manager franchise (which has been around since early nineties now, albeit called Championshiop Manager back then..._), making it accurate and now selling data onto professional clubs, I think its safe to be taken somewhat seriously and adds a bit more accuracy than 'he looks fast' or 'his shooting is cr4p' etc... some players with high finishing (over 15) aren't as prolific sometimes as someone with say 11 finishing but high compure, off the ball (movement)...

Interestingly Neto's Reflexes, One on One and Positioning attributes are slightly higher than Edersons!! So goes to show you view point certainly has water... note Ederson kicking and Compsure is 20 out of 20.... But overall Alisson and Ederson comfortably clear, to the point if you had Neto and either one of the other two, I doubt many, if any one would choose Neto over them due to a couple of attributes being slightly higher...

(FM Profiles from last season, as goal keeper stats all over the shop on FM23 website I used at present...)

Neto.png

Ederson.pngAlisson.png

Last edited:
Let’s criticise our players constantly eh?

can I come round to your workplaces and slag you off when you make a mistake

FFS

I honestly think its human nature. Can recall people shouting out stuff to/about certain players since my time began on the terraces in the 80's.

Now we have the internet, so the platform is there 24/7 and cpatured for all to see.

Bit like @In All Departments Man City mate said about fans being same all over, when observing what our lot what shouting out.

I can only assume he means the 'get it forwards', 'shoot'. 'move xyz, you lazy b*****d', 'get xyz off, he's useless', 'why are we only playing with one up front, its negative' type stuff. After a game or 2 a season I visit other fans forum, and its amazing how the stuff written is pretty much the same all over, depending on where the club is and their situation at that moment in time... you get the negative types and glass half full and various shades in between that we see on here... I can;t recall seeing an equivalent to @Old Cherry in my time on other teams forums though ;)

It will never go away. Guess its peoples right and no doubt somewhat therapeutic, being able to shout stuff out, probably relieving some stress/tension from rest of the life to some degree but I'll also retain the right to tell them to shut the f**k up if they keep doing it (and I'm not with my daughter :), particularly if what they're saying may travel to the players...

Last edited:
Yeah, when weighing up your post, did think you were coming from that angle mate. Sorry if it come across sharp...

Anyway. I'd like to add some 'evidence' for us to peruse and consider upstanding sirs and madams of this forum.

I know, I know, I can hear half of you say 'its only a computer game for f**ks sake' but the amount of research, time and money that goes into the Football Manager franchise (which has been around since early nineties now, albeit called Championshiop Manager back then..._), making it accurate and now selling data onto professional clubs, I think its safe to be taken somewhat seriously and adds a bit more accuracy than 'he looks fast' or 'his shooting is cr4p' etc... some players with high finishing (over 15) aren't as prolific sometimes as someone with say 11 finishing but high compure, off the ball (movement)...

Interestingly Neto's Reflexes, One on One and Positioning attributes are slightly higher than Edersons!! So goes to show you view point certainly has water... note Ederson kicking and Compsure is 20 out of 20.... But overall Alisson and Ederson comfortably clear, to the point if you had Neto and either one of the other two, I doubt many, if any one would choose Neto over them due to a couple of attributes being slightly higher...

(FM Profiles from last season, as goal keeper stats all over the shop on FM23 website I used at present...)

View attachment 9969

View attachment 9971View attachment 9970
Can't we use Fifa instead. On my 4 quid download of Fifa 21 Solanke is the greatest goalscorer of all time.

;