Neto

I honestly think its human nature. Can recall people shouting out stuff to/about certain players since my time began on the terraces in the 80's.

Now we have the internet, so the platform is there 24/7 and cpatured for all to see.

Bit like @In All Departments Man City mate said about fans being same all over, when observing what our lot what shouting out.

I can only assume he means the 'get it forwards', 'shoot'. 'move xyz, you lazy b*****d', 'get xyz off, he's useless', 'why are we only playing with one up front, its negative' type stuff. After a game or 2 a season I visit other fans forum, and its amazing how the stuff written is pretty much the same all over, depending on where the club is and their situation at that moment in time... you get the negative types and glass half full and various shades in between that we see on here... I can;t recall seeing an equivalent to @Old Cherry in my time on other teams forums though ;)

It will never go away. Guess its peoples right and no doubt somewhat therapeutic, being able to shout stuff out, probably relieving some stress/tension from rest of the life to some degree but I'll also retain the right to tell them to shut the f**k up if they keep doing it (and I'm not with my daughter :), particularly if what they're saying may travel to the players...
I've read a few, Forest, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa etc and the main difference seems to be that there is a much higher incidence of bickering and personal sniping on here than most others. I think it's because it's been such a small tight knit group of posters for so long. Other than that every fanbase slags of virtually every player in their team at some point, especially during games.

I've read a few, Forest, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa etc and the main difference seems to be that there is a much higher incidence of bickering and personal sniping on here than most others. I think it's because it's been such a small tight knit group of posters for so long. Other than that every fanbase slags of virtually every player in their team at some point, especially during games.
Not sure if it is due to a small tight knit group or a handful of people taking delight in either winding up others or not letting an argument go when most reasonable posters would just agree to differ

Not sure, when I;ve been on random forums over the years be it Bristol City, Notts County, Southampton etc, granted only for say 30 mins, perhaps couple of hours oon day of game or during week after, I've spotted bickering between posters and digs that indicate long running issues/disagreements, ime.

Defo goes on as again, II believe its human nature and dynamics of how forums and people work. See it all the time on all kinds of subjects/forums , not just football - unless mods are really strict on what they let go or not.

Can't we use Fifa instead. On my 4 quid download of Fifa 21 Solanke is the greatest goalscorer of all time.

I'm not adverse to buying fifa each year, but some /many of the players ratings are dubious, particularly compared to FM. Outside of the elite clubs. Not surprising, being an EA game. Basically get the players the masses care about correct, then lose interest at some stage beyond that.

Yeah, when weighing up your post, did think you were coming from that angle mate. Sorry if it come across sharp...

Anyway. I'd like to add some 'evidence' for us to peruse and consider upstanding sirs and madams of this forum.

I know, I know, I can hear half of you say 'its only a computer game for f**ks sake' but the amount of research, time and money that goes into the Football Manager franchise (which has been around since early nineties now, albeit called Championshiop Manager back then..._), making it accurate and now selling data onto professional clubs, I think its safe to be taken somewhat seriously and adds a bit more accuracy than 'he looks fast' or 'his shooting is cr4p' etc... some players with high finishing (over 15) aren't as prolific sometimes as someone with say 11 finishing but high compure, off the ball (movement)...

Interestingly Neto's Reflexes, One on One and Positioning attributes are slightly higher than Edersons!! So goes to show you view point certainly has water... note Ederson kicking and Compsure is 20 out of 20.... But overall Alisson and Ederson comfortably clear, to the point if you had Neto and either one of the other two, I doubt many, if any one would choose Neto over them due to a couple of attributes being slightly higher...

(FM Profiles from last season, as goal keeper stats all over the shop on FM23 website I used at present...)

View attachment 9969

View attachment 9971View attachment 9970

Thanks, no problem, you are always very helpful to me here.
That is really interesting. Especially about Neto having better one on one positioning than Ederson.
I think Allison is the better keeper as he makes vital saves. But as you say, Ederson has perfect distribution and is ideal I think for Man City and Guardiola.

There is a clique on here, 100%. They make out like they can’t stand certain other posters yet in reality they are always the first ones to respond to them.

There is a clique on here, 100%. They make out like they can’t stand certain other posters yet in reality they are always the first ones to respond to them.
Are the clique a different gang to the elites? Or are the gang different to the clique and the elite.
Must admit, I'm getting confused to who is in which.

The only elites, clique on here are the posters who realise that posters like waz who slate our team and praise another, then change their user name and can’t understand the criticism they get when things didn’t pan out.

I'm making a point. We all know he changed his name but what difference does it make? As many many people have pointed out the people who constantly bang on about it are worse than the original offence at this point.
Does everyone on here need to run their comment by you before posting? Just asking?

You could be right:
: a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons
especially : one held together by common interests, views, or purposes

Its not inconceivable that you're part of a clique though.

Also, "not standing" other posters doesn't mean you can't respond. Thats a bit of a silly thing to say.

;