Neto

This is pure lunacy. He was rumoured to be on 80k per week when he signed, I have no idea if true but you’d imagine he is likely to be one of our higher earners at the very least, given that he signed from Barca.

There is a good chance we are a championship club next season, why on earth would we commit to this kind of contract without being absolutely certain of what league we are playing in? Why couldn’t we just evaluate the situation at the end of the season? Unless there is some kind of relegation clause, but even then, it seems like madness to commit to this. I do hope that Foley knows what he is doing.

pure lunacy indeed, you really need to engage your brain
this is brilliant news
not only does it secure his long-term services irrespective of the division, but, more importantly, its a statement of intent from bill following the mass bedwetting when the accounts were released

You don’t think that tying ourselves to contracts like this when not knowing what division we will be in is in any way concerning?

No football club in the world (outside MLS) knows what division they'll be playing football in for the following season.

No football club in the world (outside MLS) knows what division they'll be playing football in for the following season.
Strange post. Every club in this league down to Aston Villa knows what league they will be playing in next season.

You need to read Kudos’ post more carefully.

FWIW I think this is an excellent move. Ultimately it is Foley’s call and if he is confident and rich enough to underwrite this good for him.

I hope / trust the club are covering the financial bases with some kind of (hopefully unnecessary) clause in the event of relegation.

With that out the way, this is fantastic news. Classy, classy keeper. Really surprised we've convinced him to sign long term. Another Foley statement.

Strange post. Every club in this league down to Aston Villa knows what league they will be playing in next season.

Do they? Champions League? Europa League? Ongoing FFP investigations and potential points deductions/ relegations? European Super League?

What about the season after, and the season after that etc. (this is a 3 year deal)?

There's a degree of uncertainty and risk for most clubs and players in the EPL. Pretty sure it's normal business to factor this in when assessing and negotiating players' contracts.

If a player with Neto's CV has been convinced by the long term project at the club then that fills me with more optimism than pessimism. UTCIAD!

We had Begovic on the books in the Champo,I guess their wages are probably similar.
Obviously there will be some squad trimming next season ,I guess the hierarchy know what the budget will be and how to maximise it .

Great news anyway,I'm a massive Neto fan.

other strange we have some good news about neto but some posters will then take this news and make up a scenario where they know the exact terms of the contract, but then to take it further they almost get angry and what they have thought out in the scenario.
untill we know the exact details of the contract and the clauses involved why not be happy for the excellent news

other strange we have some good news about neto but some posters will then take this news and make up a scenario where they know the exact terms of the contract, but then to take it further they almost get angry and what they have thought out in the scenario.
untill we know the exact details of the contract and the clauses involved why not be happy for the excellent news
Agree. Although hopefully we'll never know any of the details. The days of playershare are long gone. It really isn't any of our business.

;