Neto

Our fanbase has been an embarrassment in the last two seasons tbh. If you listened to the whinny entitled bleating of our most vociferous supporters you'd think everyone involved in the club has been a disaster and that this has been a terrible period in the club's history. The way Kelly was treated was also shameful.

Jim Frevola must think the club is supported by a bunch of complete muppets given all the shite he had to wade through on twitter.

Obviously Gary O'Neil has made mistakes and there were almost certainly stronger candidates available but some of the comments about his ability after we lost a few games with several key players out were absolutely laughable.

Agree. Really disappointing support at home and online - generally away fans good apart from being so subdued at old Trafford.

Couldn’t believe some fans booed us vs Brighton recently. Ignorant imho.

Agree. Really disappointing support at home and online - generally away fans good apart from being so subdued at old Trafford.

I don't suppose we're any worse than other clubs tbf but it's something that has really grated these last two seasons. There's every chance that both will be among our most successful ever yet the majority of both have been characterised by complete overreaction from fans.

A sport where two teams try to win so inevitably there will be many times when that doesn't happen yet fans react as if every defeat is some sort of personal affront to them commited by the players, manager and ownership structure.

Tiresome tbh.

I don't suppose we're any worse than other clubs tbf but it's something that has really grated these last two seasons. There's every chance that both will be among our most successful ever yet the majority of both have been characterised by complete overreaction from fans.

A sport where two teams try to win so inevitably there will be many times when that doesn't happen yet fans react as if every defeat is some sort of personal affront to them commited by the players, manager and ownership structure.

Tiresome tbh.
Definitely changed. Afcb fans were traditionally a bit more balanced

Couldn’t believe some fans booed us vs Brighton recently. Ignorant imho.
I don't manage to get to many home games but I did manage to get to the Brighton game. I was surprised at how many 'fans' left early, we were still in the game until their second went in, but rather than stay and support the team, they chose to leave early. What's that all about? I really don't understand the mentality..

Tiresome tbh.

Defo been a culture change, in football on that front over the past few years/decade or so.

Social media platform of course, plus load of other events like Brexit, Covid - dunno, may not even those two events, perhaps just the way this gen has developed over time for whole raft of reasons.

Kelly booing was one of the the most cringeworthy, embarrassing things i've come across as a Bournemouth fan since I started watching in mid 80's. Obviously been loads of ups and downs, but generally fan base has been somewhat patient, respectful. That made really think 'is this what we're becoming?'. Booing at players who've been out for ages'.

Our fanbase has been an embarrassment in the last two seasons tbh. The way Kelly was treated was also shameful.

That game was, for me personally, the most disconnected I’ve felt from “the rest of the fanbase” in my time as a fan. Despicable and embarrassing treatment of a young player, for the crime of…what, exactly? And it wasn’t a complete minority, either. It was a good chunk of the crowd. F***ing pathetic. Boo the team at halftime/full time if you have to, but picking on one of our younger players, who was a key component of the spine that got us promoted, the captain of the team that got us promoted, for nothing at all. Like I said, pathetic. Would’ve liked to have seen what EH’s reaction would have been to something like that, tbh I was happy to see Billing call these clowns out unprompted in the post-match interview.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the players have soured on being a part of the club in terms of the whole entity tbh, because of this entitled and mean-spirited attitude that’s often displayed on a whim now. Which would be a shame, as I’ve always been proud that our club is a close-knit community and family oriented one overall.

That game was, for me personally, the most disconnected I’ve felt from “the rest of the fanbase” in my time as a fan. Despicable and embarrassing treatment of a young player, for the crime of…what, exactly? And it wasn’t a complete minority, either. It was a good chunk of the crowd. F***ing pathetic. Boo the team at halftime/full time if you have to, but picking on one of our younger players, who was a key component of the spine that got us promoted, the captain of the team that got us promoted, for nothing at all. Like I said, pathetic. Would’ve liked to have seen what EH’s reaction would have been to something like that, tbh I was happy to see Billing call these clowns out unprompted in the post-match interview.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the players have soured on being a part of the club in terms of the whole entity tbh, because of this entitled and mean-spirited attitude that’s often displayed on a whim now. Which would be a shame, as I’ve always been proud that our club is a close-knit community and family oriented one overall.

I reckon you're right about players' feelings towards the fans.

Saturday was one of the most exhilarating wins we've ever had yet the players seemed to reluctantly trudge over towards the fans to acknowledge them and half-heartedly clap from a safe distance. Similar at Leicester with Smith and Kelly reluctant to come over at all.

Can't really expect today's athlete to behave similar to previous generations. It's a job ...... a very public job. There will always be some that will go the extra mile for a community event or just a one-time interaction with a fan. But it's typically a thing of the past. I realized that when I paid over $100 to get a photo signed by an NFL player, and the guy didn't even bother to say hello.

I reckon you're right about players' feelings towards the fans.

Saturday was one of the most exhilarating wins we've ever had yet the players seemed to reluctantly trudge over towards the fans to acknowledge them and half-heartedly clap from a safe distance. Similar at Leicester with Smith and Kelly reluctant to come over at all.

Is that a Premier League directive?

Starting to think he might be the best keeper we've ever had. Not the most athletic or imposing, but his footwork, reaction time and positioning is top notch. Particularly with his positioning, he has an innate instinct to anticipate when and where the shot is coming and he's already moved into position to increase his chance of saving it when it finally comes - something that Ramsdale has improved on but hasn't mastered. That double save in the second half was majestic.

Starting to think he might be the best keeper we've ever had. Not the most athletic or imposing, but his footwork, reaction time and positioning is top notch. Particularly with his positioning, he has an innate instinct to anticipate when and where the shot is coming and he's already moved into position to increase his chance of saving it when it finally comes - something that Ramsdale has improved on but hasn't mastered. That double save in the second half was majestic.
I would agree, and a very good captain too by the looks of it. Not afraid to be vocal when needed. An excellent signing, a player who has made a real difference this season.

I think he’s great. Only wish he’d come out for crosses more.
In reel time I thought he should have tried to come out for their goal.
Watching it again back home, I think it was to far out.

;