Neto

Seen Randolph concede a fair few (ok loads) in the past against us, but I don't remember many of them being his fault.

Didn't see anything from Radu in his two games to suggest he shouldn't be given a go, but I don't get to see them in training.

Confidence is a big thing in the scheme of things at this level, so if the defence feel happier with Neto then he'll still get the nod.

No really, I'd ask Kelly and Zabarnyi their opinion before dropping him, which probably explains why I'm not managing the team!

Seen Randolph concede a fair few (ok loads) in the past against us, but I don't remember many of them being his fault.

Didn't see anything from Radu in his two games to suggest he shouldn't be given a go, but I don't get to see them in training.

Confidence is a big thing in the scheme of things at this level, so if the defence feel happier with Neto then he'll still get the nod.

No really, I'd ask Kelly and Zabarnyi their opinion before dropping him, which probably explains why I'm not managing the team!
Bring Travers back…we could do a lot worse!

Watch the replay and you will see that Billing has a look around and asks for the pass and actually he's in a good amount of space - there are no traps set for him, he basically takes a terrible couple of touches, gets caught by the striker who was a good 3 metres behind him, and kicks the ball to a midfielder about the same distance in front of him.

Whether you want to play short at that stage is a different question and is more about how you want to play football. Yes, clearing the ball long removes the immediate danger but (probably) gifts the ball back to the opposition straightaway, at a time when everyone is knackered as you're down to 10 and you're hanging on.

I suspect the philosophy is to play out from the back and to maintain possession; therefore, I don't feel as harshly as most towards Neto playing it short to Billing at that point. If Billing takes a decent touch, we maintain possession and can shift the ball on, lifting some pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Neto was poor even in dealing with shots on Saturday, but Billing getting a free pass on this one is wrong. Hindsight is always 20/20 and do I wish he'd just booted it, yes I do!

Who's going to be captain, if or when he's dropped? ( not saying he shouldn't be dropped, just wondering if we have any natural leaders)
: )
He'll reinstate Kelly. Who yelled at Billing and Neto? Kelly. Who spoke to ref and put his hand on Cook's back after headbutt? Kelly. He may not be the most natural leader, but there's nobody else.

Watch the replay and you will see that Billing has a look around and asks for the pass and actually he's in a good amount of space - there are no traps set for him, he basically takes a terrible couple of touches, gets caught by the striker who was a good 3 metres behind him, and kicks the ball to a midfielder about the same distance in front of him.

Whether you want to play short at that stage is a different question and is more about how you want to play football. Yes, clearing the ball long removes the immediate danger but (probably) gifts the ball back to the opposition straightaway, at a time when everyone is knackered as you're down to 10 and you're hanging on.

I suspect the philosophy is to play out from the back and to maintain possession; therefore, I don't feel as harshly as most towards Neto playing it short to Billing at that point. If Billing takes a decent touch, we maintain possession and can shift the ball on, lifting some pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I thought Neto was poor even in dealing with shots on Saturday, but Billing getting a free pass on this one is wrong. Hindsight is always 20/20 and do I wish he'd just booted it, yes I do!
Both made the mistake, yes. With a few mins to go, that's not the right risk to tske. Billing shouldn't have asked for it, and Neto shouldn't have given it to him. More piss poor decision making.

Andoni motioned to Neto to slow the game down.

He'll reinstate Kelly. Who yelled at Billing and Neto? Kelly. Who spoke to ref and put his hand on Cook's back after headbutt? Kelly. He may not be the most natural leader, but there's nobody else.
Good shout. Might even persuade him that his future is here.

I yelled "No! You can't do that!" at my TV screen the second Neto rolled the ball out to Billing. (I yell things during the match even though I am across the Atlantic Ocean and the match had been over for two hours by the time I watched it on demand. I can't help myself.)

I like Neto, he was aces for us last year, but I would have subbed him off at halftime against Everton and would not have started him today. Of course, I don't see him in training and I'm no expert, this is just my opinion based on what I see. in the matches.

Gene Ubriaco, at one time coach of the NHL Pittsburgh Penguins is credited with observing about hockey that "Goalkeeping is 80% of the game, unless it's bad goalkeeping. Then it's 100% of the game." I can attest to the truth of this in both hockey and football. A change is in order, if nothing else than as an attempt to wake up the team.

I can’t believe people are blaming Billing. The second he rolled it out we could all see it was a disastrous mistake with an inevitable outcome.

I can’t believe people are blaming Billing. The second he rolled it out we could all see it was a disastrous mistake with an inevitable outcome.
Er... why not? International footballer falls to collect rolled pass, then falls over his own feet and the ball and gifts opposition the win. Neto's decision was flawed, but controlling a simple pass negates the danger. Yes, Neto should have just punted it down field, but he didn't and Billing made an almighty hash of it.

He's definitely partly to blame. Even if the pass was a ridiculous decision he still miscontrol the ball when he had time not to. That bit is on him.

I yelled "No! You can't do that!" at my TV screen the second Neto rolled the ball out to Billing. (I yell things during the match even though I am across the Atlantic Ocean and the match had been over for two hours by the time I watched it on demand. I can't help myself.)

I like Neto, he was aces for us last year, but I would have subbed him off at halftime against Everton and would not have started him today. Of course, I don't see him in training and I'm no expert, this is just my opinion based on what I see. in the matches.

Gene Ubriaco, at one time coach of the NHL Pittsburgh Penguins is credited with observing about hockey that "Goalkeeping is 80% of the game, unless it's bad goalkeeping. Then it's 100% of the game." I can attest to the truth of this in both hockey and football. A change is in order, if nothing else than as an attempt to wake up the team.
I yelled the same thing in a bar in Turkey.

Neto should have been killing the game at 1-1. A point would have been a good result.

Blaming someone for a goal. happens every week, keepers always passing the short pass, , if Billing didn't lose control of the ball nobody would of complained.

Nah mate. Neto needs to be killing the game. A point at that juncture is a good outcome.

Agree but Billing should harbour a fair bit of criticism too. It wasn't that much of hospital pass that he was guaranteed to lose posession.

Billing made an absolute hash of it too, he had plenty of time to consider and manoeuvre imo. He seems to be a getting very easy ride on this compared to Neto... perhaps as Neto has been awful all season, and it just compounds that further.

;