Neto

Certainly diesnt look as confident as he did last year.totally different defence and penalty at the start and last goal were shocking from defenders.the header from corner he should have kept out

Goals conceded per game...

Neto - 1.07
Travers - 3.28

Not great reading, but slight mitigation is Travers has been in goal for the games against City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs. We have no idea how many we would have conceded with Neto in goal, but I wager it would still have been a fair few.

Admittedly conceding 4 against Leeds is poor.

Neto save % - 83.9%
Travers save % - 45%

And that doesn't even allow for the calming presence that Neto has offered, relatively speaking.

Begovic went through a horrendous period as our keeper. Ultimately he still had quality, which he later showed. Travers is going through a horrific patch where he can't seem to lay a glove on anything or command his area. He can turn it around but unless he does so in the next two matches, I'd imagine it will be next season before he gets another chance.

Travers looked fine against Villa, although admittedly they were terrible. But then came Parker's campaign of belittling and destabilising the players to manufacture his sacking and big pay off, which unsurprisingly coincided with the collapse of the entire defensive unit, not just Travers. Now, he looks completely bereft of confidence, half the player he looked last season, and that's not helped by the fact that GONs tactics mean that the whole defence is under pressure for at least 30 minutes every game. Add to that the sheer amount of corners he's having to defend and I've got a lot of sympathy for him but right now GON needs to find a way to take some of the pressure of hum until Neto's fit.

;