New Club Badge ??

The earlier pre-war club badge had nothing wrong with it.. we need something similarly sophisticated and old - fashioned...
The current badge has been bearable if a bit daft but will be slightly inappropriate if they ban heading the ball.
The badge needs to be designed with skill.. ...preferably by a local person who knows the history of the club ..certainly not an American.

The Cherries is a great nickname for the club relating to the clubs history or original shirt colour...but dangling cherries doesn't seem right on a Football badge...we need something that implies strength.
The earlier badge, 1936-66 had some lions on it and a tree implying growth !

Not sure what the badge looked like in 1900...I assume they had one.
I think the “1936-66” badge was the Bournemouth Coat of Arms “heraldic” Crest. Much simplified on the Red & Black 1971/72 retro kit.

The earlier pre-war club badge had nothing wrong with it.. we need something similarly sophisticated and old - fashioned...
The current badge has been bearable if a bit daft but will be slightly inappropriate if they ban heading the ball.
The badge needs to be designed with skill.. ...preferably by a local person who knows the history of the club ..certainly not an American.

The Cherries is a great nickname for the club relating to the clubs history or original shirt colour...but dangling cherries doesn't seem right on a Football badge...we need something that implies strength.
The earlier badge, 1936-66 had some lions on it and a tree implying growth !

Not sure what the badge looked like in 1900...I assume they had one.
Don’t understand why an American can’t design a badge. Long history of iconic sports brands.

Also why the need for an old fashioned badge? Some would argue re-cycling a badge that is over 40 years is a traditional approach!

Don’t understand why an American can’t design a badge. Long history of iconic sports brands.

Also why the need for an old fashioned badge? Some would argue re-cycling a badge that is over 40 years is a traditional approach!
Tradition is all ...British tradition ...English tradition....it's what we are ...

Americans just can't design an English Football badge...it's as bloody simple as that !
They have their sports...we have ours !

It's a badge for people who aren't interested in football.

I translate that as the club attempting to broaden their fan base by constantly messing with the periphery of the club.

At the end of the day its just a game that goes on for 90 minutes, sometimes its good sometimes its bad. Something about that attracts you to a team and you follow them.

The majority of the world just goes on doing what they're doing without having an interest in football or AFCB.

The club are trying to reach out to those people with bright shiny ideas and new toys to draw them into the circle of support.

It's not aimed at people like Fritter or myself.
They've got us for life and I'm not sure they're bothered or even aware of the disconnect between us and the Bright New World of the EPL as a worldwide brand.

Reading the above, I'm sure if I've just written a lot and said very little.

That's the way it goes sometimes, but I mean well........................................

I get the feeling it's aimed at the American market, I doubt "us locals" will be too bothered about splurging on a scarcely worn , "novelty" shirt..

didn't we have a similar logo for a few seasons decades ago?

is it just me or is it discreetly designed to be a cock pointing at you and two balls ('cherries') on either side?

Wasn’t there something about a (hopefully one off) kit design coming out soon? Perhaps related to that
I would think so.
Maybe a really retro looking kit, like a rugby shirt, with this badge on it.
Would be something interesting and different.

But certainly not a bad logo for a variety of clothing which people may not want to be too overtly football/soccer looking. I could see the sense in having a second trademarked logo for that sort of thing.

Last edited:

;