New Era Signings

Cherry1

Trialist
So about 8 months and one and half windows in what do we think of the signings.

Randolph - brought in to be bench warmer probably quite useful around the young keepers

Radu - looked ok in both friendlies don’t know much about him but suspect he start’s season as no 2 and finishes it as no 1 or plays cups

Zabarnyi - looks a solid big unit has a slight tendency to overplay but should be a fixture for years if things go to plan

Kerkez - definitely likes to go forward but seems to also like a tackle a good player and prospect with a decent engine and cross from the friendlies

Traore - to me seems to be the one we got wrong, not sure what he is, not a winger and lightweight for midfield, possibly a mistake, very lightweight and has been unlucky with injuries in his time here so far, hope to be proved wrong, big season for him.

Ouattara - very raw moments of quality and moments of absolute awful play, not sure he or the team necessarily know what he will do which could be great or could be incredibly frustrating.

Semenyo - played for a good while with an injury, looks a handful at times and severely lacking on others but that could be the injury, will have to take chances of the bench but there is a decent player there.

So about 8 months and one and half windows in what do we think of the signings.

Randolph - brought in to be bench warmer probably quite useful around the young keepers

Radu - looked ok in both friendlies don’t know much about him but suspect he start’s season as no 2 and finishes it as no 1 or plays cups

Zabarnyi - looks a solid big unit has a slight tendency to overplay but should be a fixture for years if things go to plan

Kerkez - definitely likes to go forward but seems to also like a tackle a good player and prospect with a decent engine and cross from the friendlies

Traore - to me seems to be the one we got wrong, not sure what he is, not a winger and lightweight for midfield, possibly a mistake, very lightweight and has been unlucky with injuries in his time here so far, hope to be proved wrong, big season for him.

Ouattara - very raw moments of quality and moments of absolute awful play, not sure he or the team necessarily know what he will do which could be great or could be incredibly frustrating.

Semenyo - played for a good while with an injury, looks a handful at times and severely lacking on others but that could be the injury, will have to take chances of the bench but there is a decent player there.
I think Traore looked great on Saturday when he came on. I'm not sure about Ouattara from his performances and not seen enough of Semenyo to be sure about him either.

It's interesting when you see them written down like that. Outarra probably the most impactful so far and then a great deal of promise but probably none from Jan you'd say are a resounding success yet.

I think in a a couple of months' time Zabarnyi and Kerkez will have cemented their places properly, no idea whether Traore, Kluivert or Radu will have done but they are all young and have potential. Agree that I'm not sure where Semenyo fits in given our wealth of attacking wide options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdl
Maybe some of them are destined to be bracketed with Surridge, Gosling , Stacey etc.by the Forum elitist 'experts'.. ...eminent sponsors of Tindall, Woodgate and .. O' Neil !
Oh and Ouattara was pretty crap v Spurs eh ?

What a f√cking joke this Forum is much of the time !

Football Town ?...f√cking long way to go imo !

Maybe some of them are destined to be bracketed with Surridge, Gosling , Stacey etc.by the Forum elitist 'experts'.. ...eminent sponsors of Tindall, Woodgate and .. O' Neil !

What are you on about? There is only one post on this thread that writes anyone off as crap. Everything else is balanced view that some of these players are yet to show us what they can do and jury is still out. Dango has shown great flashes (incl. vs Spurs) is young and will probably come good, but we paid 20m for him so he will need to step up consistency levels this season.

No idea what Surridge or Stacey have to do with this (surprised no mention of Yemms for the full bingo). One is now in MLS and the other in the Championship which gives an indication of how the football world (not the 'forum elite') see their current levels.

What are you on about? There is only one post on this thread that writes anyone off as crap. Everything else is balanced view that some of these players are yet to show us what they can do and jury is still out. Dango has shown great flashes (incl. vs Spurs) is young and will probably come good, but we paid 20m for him so he will need to step up consistency levels this season.

No idea what Surridge or Stacey have to do with this (surprised no mention of Yemms for the full bingo). One is now in MLS and the other in the Championship which gives an indication of how the football world (not the 'forum elite') see their current levels.

Me? ..On about ?

I was generalising don't ya know..

Perhaps you'll realise at some point that I tend to blend seriousness with a slice of 'entertainment'...mainly the latter.

Jury ? ...For F√ck Sake....we are Supporters !

'Balanced'.... is certainly not an 'Afcb' ... 'vital' trait....dunno how the hell you came to that......it's not....otherwise I wouldn't be constantly taking the p*ss !

Dear god

Yup.....it's come to that ...if you like that kind of thing !

Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic Football Club.

South End....Old Dean Court..180° spin bingo.

Working class.. British to the Core..Unwoke.

No Surrender.

Oh ..and Keep clean Portland Clean ...and Safe !

Btw....there is No God - Science Rules OK.

:chill: :smoke: :utc:

Last edited:
I agree if he can get back his best form he will be vital for us. Not sure about europe but he could def get us to mid table comfort
Definitely don't want to heap too much pressure on him but he could be a pivotal player for us if he rediscovers his form from a few seasons ago.

;